Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, that just completely killed my nostalgia. I remembered these as good games, but they clearly weren't, they were just good for a little kid. So sad.

Oh well, even more reason to stick to this thread, see what other memories of my youth are absolutely wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

mateo360 posted:

I forgot to post an update yesterday. oops.

You know what's hilarious about the way Mandark's dressed in this episode? His parents are loving hippies, I am not even joking:

Also, the brunette Powerpuff Girl is Buttercup, Blossom's the redhead.

*Sorry about the image quality

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, I could've sworn that Summer Resort had five episodes.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

With Combat Lobster and NamelessFool

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, I remember this one. It's surprisingly good-looking after the last one, and it isn't bad. It's short and a glorified fetch-quest, but it is an easy way to pass the time.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Here's something relevant:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

...wajack.

Samari45
Oct 15, 2012
So what happened to Digimon Adventure, the game from fox kids? It's not on the list anymore.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Samari45 posted:

So what happened to Digimon Adventure, the game from fox kids? It's not on the list anymore.

It broke badly. after using one move it stopped working completely and would miss all the time and then during the final battle the regen move would only work about 3-4 time before doing nothing so I couldn't beat the game.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

From what I recall, you might have to do some rooting around for MNOLG. I don't think Lego hosts the game any more, but fans made a downloadable version.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Mr Tastee posted:

From what I recall, you might have to do some rooting around for MNOLG. I don't think Lego hosts the game any more, but fans made a downloadable version.

I have an offline version that I recorded.I got it from here:

http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/games/

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, that final frame is exactly how I feel about that lineup.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sorry you're old.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, Cartoon Network may be in an entirely different paradigm now, favoring silly quality over action quality, but that doesn't make it bad, just different. As someone with an eight year old son, I can confirm that CN's pretty much the only place with tolerable cartoons presently being made in the US anyways.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Cartoon Network sucks now, as evidenced by its award-winning miniseries Over The Garden Wall.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
You're being a little over-dramatic about somebody not liking the new cartoons.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
I feel that both the old and new cartoons have unique qualities to offer. Generational gaps can cause trouble reconciling with new/old shows, I guess, but most of them seem good enough.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Roro posted:

You're being a little over-dramatic about somebody not liking the new cartoons.

I wouldn't think being glib is "dramatic" but hey what do I know?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

With Combat Lobster, Doseku and Nebiros

Watch the full Intruder event here

also it just so happens that The Intruder II event just finished it's run this last Saturday and is all up on Adult Swim.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The Longhair and Doubledome Kickstarter failed miserably, for those curious.

As for Intruder, I've always loved the idea of combining mediums like that.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

GamesAreSupernice posted:

The Longhair and Doubledome Kickstarter failed miserably, for those curious.

Not completely surprised, even if it had succeeded it would have had a harder time getting a full series given that the pilots failed two different polling events.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Whose ready for a flash RPG?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Double post to say you know what I forgot to do? Post an episode of the actual event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0z_znaKkc4

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
I never knew about any of this Toonami stuff. The only time I would see cartoon network and Tom, when this was going on, was visiting my Grandma's house.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DolphinCop posted:

it's not hosted on their website anymore, but the lego SRPG spybot: the nightfall incident is by far the best flash game in the world. hack corporations in turn based grid layout battles using a limited number of programs that fill up their hp bars by covering tiles in the level. the amount of depth is on a completely different level from basically every other 90's/early 00's advergame. possibly... still good even without the nostalgia value attached? i'd do a ss lp myself if that were allowed. i spent pretty much all my preteen years in the corporate advergame hole

From a month ago, but I also remember the other big lego robot game from a bit before that era, Stormrunner. At 3.5 MB in 2000-ish on a 56k modem, it seemed to my impatient child brain mind take FOREVER to download, but once it did it was a blast. Might be a bit long for this LP without significant speedups and cuts, though.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Event Episode 2

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Could it be counting seconds? No, that would be ~118 min. Could the clock be running off of frame rate?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Event Episode 3

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

These Toonami games manage to be a reasonably good quality and boring at the same time.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Like so much from that period, they are honestly trying to make a good game. The tech of flash games just didn't let them make a *great* game. Or one that aged well. It's remarkable to me how much effort they put in, and how these are not immediately approachable games. I'm not trying to say "new games dumb" or anything so rote, but whoever let them make these clearly didn't have a modern design philosophy. Much closer to an SNES refinement and PS1 experimentation.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Event Episode 4 (Watch this before EP 4)
Event Episode 5 (Watch this after EP 4)

So as a head's up I am going to be cutting the thread short after Peasant's Quest so I can move on to a different project I have had on my mind for a while. I will probably do some of the other stuff I had on the list ether as their own threads or as streams like the Submachine series or anything else that would be longer then two or three episodes.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So no update this week. Between having family over to celebrate my sister's birthday and I'm going to be working every night between now and Sunday, I haven't actually put together the audio for the first episode of Bionicle. I will hopefully have it up ether later in the week or Monday next week.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Episode 1

:effort: post time.

This flash game is actually a follow up to a GBA Bionicle game called Quest for the Toa. You play as Takua who will go around to all the villages and do the following:

1. Rescue the Village Turaga
2. Find a Turaga staff to move through the area
3. Collect two Vuata Mata Crystals to heal the Village's food tree (optional)
4. Collect the Village's Toa stone.
5. Play a Mini-game

after you have done this at all 6 villages you end up at a special alter that Takua puts the Toa stones on to summon the Toa. The resulting explosion of energy that summons the Toa ends up blasting Takua away on the beach we start on with no memories.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I believe that it was the Maori that Lego got in trouble with.

SF Debris actually covered the history of Lego as a company, including the reason Bionicle was created in his review of Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh hey, a game I actually played. I remember figuring out the water village bit on my own and completing all of it, but then after that I promptly got bored in the woods and never looked at the game again.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 2, 2016

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I remember thinking this was the coolest poo poo when I was a little kid. I was like 6 so I had never heard of Myst. I was into the series until around the tail end of middle school.

I played the game when it first came out and had no idea what I was doing. I never went back to it for whatever reason until five years later, when I was about 11 or 12. Still was amazed. Somehow 11-year-old me was nostalgic for the simpler times of 6-year-old me.

God, I forgot how lovely this was animated.

I know there was a sequel made in 2003 that was buggy as poo poo, and played more like a standard adventure game.

I was super-into the lore as a kid, so I can answer a few questions.

Masks are like a source of power. Toa and turaga get super powers from them, and I think Matoran get reallly fatigued or something without them. Makuta put Bad Guy Evil Stuff in certain masks and put them on animals to make them his slaves.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Have more Bionicle. I'm going to play more Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth so I can finish it before my copy of Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 shows up tomorrow.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
here's Episode 3. BTW Naruto UNS4 is rather disappointing.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Bionicle MNOLG Episode 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just thought I'd let you know I've been enjoying the thread. I beat Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth last week. What did you think of it? I thought it was quite good.

• Locked thread