Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Multiplayer Mode update: Crow 7 - Blind Sally 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Quick question: How much Ace Combat/arcade flight sims has Blind Sally played? Because that difference is just unfair.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

Quick question: How much Ace Combat/arcade flight sims has Blind Sally played? Because that difference is just unfair.

None. Its playback for Killzone 1.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Belka's crime: being responsible for every war after 1995. I'm sure there's a connection to them in every single plot line if you look hard enough. That connection being through super plane technology is also valid.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 20, 2016

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Change "Cipher's" to "Belka's" and keep it updated through all the games.
Given how Belka and their technology keeps popping up, I support this.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

nine-gear crow posted:

Multiplayer Mode update: Crow 7 - Blind Sally 0

It's what he gets for playing filthy Xenos for his Dark Crusade LP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr. Snark posted:

i played Star Wars: Rogue Squadron back in the day

LEGO Genetics posted:

It's what he gets for playing filthy Xenos for his Dark Crusade LP.

just wanted to make sure the LP was canon accurate, reflecting the true victors of the Dark Crusade :yum:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ace Combat Zero Multiplayer

And Blind Sally said... Nothing you idiots, Blind Sally's dead, he's locked in my basement ha hah!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:golfclap:

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Crow, if you ever find yourself wanting to do an Ace Combat Infinity side-run, hit me up. I'd be glad to take part in the ensuing carnage/hilarity.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've actually been looking for people to join me on an escapade like that, but it's going to be a while, since I want to wait until Crow gets through most of the series before going into a game that's pretty spoiler-riffic on final bosses and stuff.

Hopefully we can get 8 people and go for Hard missions but I don't know if there's even eight people left playing the game at all at this point.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'd be up for it, if you don't mind someone with nothing better than a slightly-tuned F/A-18!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Also, I just looked at the poll and, uh, how, and/or why?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You're one of the two options that say "neither of them".

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I've actually been looking for people to join me on an escapade like that, but it's going to be a while, since I want to wait until Crow gets through most of the series before going into a game that's pretty spoiler-riffic on final bosses and stuff.

Hopefully we can get 8 people and go for Hard missions but I don't know if there's even eight people left playing the game at all at this point.

Well, you'll always have me on standby if needed since I actually still play it regularly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah, I was also mulling over some sort of "Ace Combat: Infinity Safari" in some fashion or another. But like ACES said, it will probably be "later" rather than "sooner".

Beyond that, I've got a couple of housekeeping announcements:

1. I'm gonna do a bit of thread clean up to get the LP ready for the Archive before PMing baldurk to have Zero and Electrosphere archived, so all those PC-stalling gifs choking the opening updates are going to go away and be replaced with static images.

2. I have the first quarter of Ace Combat 2 recorded, so as soon as I get the OP written up, the first update should be up between now and the end of the month. I don't have my capture card to get anything beyond that done at the moment, as Blind Sally is currently using it to record a certain third installment of a PlayStation3-exclusive sci-fi first person shooter.

3. :siren::siren:On FRIDAY, MARCH 25th (Good Friday), I will be streaming Ace Combat: Assault Horizon's co-op multiplayer mode along with Cirv and ACES from 7PM PST to 8PM PST as part of Faerie Fortune's all day charity stream for Extra Life.:siren::siren:

Come see us show off the game that drat near killed Ace Combat for good! Other games planned to be shown off include Smash Bros., Bayonetta, Resident Evil 4, Mario Kart 8, Armored Core 2, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Katamari Forever, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, Oregon Trail, weird indie games, and SO MUCH MORE!

What a vaaaaaaaalue.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Assault Horizon was boring, but when I played a round of the co-op...

:negative:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Lunethex posted:

Assault Horizon was boring, but when I played a round of the co-op...

:negative:

Yet to try the co-op myself but I imagine it's something like the HAWX Co-op. As in it makes the game quite fun.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I never thought I'd ever hear Space Jam and Ace Combat remix before. :stare:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Back Hack posted:

it's not the only Space Jam and Ace Combat remix :getin:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Back Hack posted:

It's actually a Space Jam/Wonderful 101 remix :eng101:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There are actual Space Jam/Ace Combat remixes though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyltoT7Diyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE1HIhWHRaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsPx0arV1vM

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cooked Auto posted:

Yet to try the co-op myself but I imagine it's something like the HAWX Co-op. As in it makes the game quite fun.

co-op is weird in that game because of how it's the campaign without really being the campaign, but I had fun doing it a few times with friends

competent capital defense though goddamn is that the gamemode of champions. Note: requires 8+ people to shine.

8 people don't have ACAH installed at this point :v:

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

Psion posted:

co-op is weird in that game because of how it's the campaign without really being the campaign, but I had fun doing it a few times with friends

competent capital defense though goddamn is that the gamemode of champions. Note: requires 8+ people to shine.

8 people don't have ACAH installed at this point :v:

Hell, I'll reinstall it if they need extra manpower.

... They are going for the PC version, right?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I may already have assault horizon installed at this moment I would down with some Co-op with or without it being part of the LP

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I still haven't uninstalled my copy. Some day I'll actually get around to finishing the campaign. :v:

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
How would showing off Infinity work? It seems like it'd be a bit of a slog footage recording wise, as there's four-to-five variations each of the super weapon missions (mainly color and difficulty variations) that would ultimately be pretty much completely up to chance to encounter- and even then you'd have to hope the other 3-7 players you're playing with don't rush through the mission, blowing everything to poo poo in the endless hunt for credits, drops, and S ranks. Otherwise you'll have a pretty short 2 minute span of time to quickly show off the super bosses. Unless there's some way to increase the probability of getting specific ones by repeatedly replaying specific missions in the Online Co-Op mode, or just keeping at it over a long period of time. Unless Infinity runs another "Special Sortie Mission Rate Increased" event in an upcoming month.

Showing off everything else seems pretty simple, though, since you can just sortie on the Tutorial mission to show off the HUDs, cockpits, and otherwise visit the hangar menu and use the preview feature to show off everything else, assuming you've been lucky and collecting the relevant rare drops, or skilled and placing high during the leaderboard-challenge-event-things. I guess the other difficult thing might be the special MVP song tracks for some aircraft/emblems/nicknames, but since those are usually just snippets from their original game's OSTs you can probably just imagine the context anyway.

I only really started playing Infinity sometime before February was over and done with, though, so maybe I'm just not aware of some things yet. I haven't tried out the Limited Time versus mode for example (mostly because all the time limited challenges only track Co-Op stats), though I imagine I'd make Blind Sally look good by just being a constantly looping GIF of an explosion in the sky. Sorry Blind Sally. Not sorry.

Anyway, I'm available to get shot down in Infinity, though I lack a splitter so I can only record component video.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Chiming in to say that whenever any Infinity stuff happens, I'm definitely coming along for that. Alas I won't be able to record anything, but I can give moral support with anime idol emblems and planes - I've started bringing up the Idolmaster F-14 (since the game refused to give me the F-15) so maybe that will be ready by the time we actually do anything.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Basically, when we get around to multiplayer stuff, (ie - after the '''''campaign'''''), all I'm looking for is one person on each team to record, and for however many people as possible to have microphones to yell at each other. We'll work the logistics out later.

I'm thinking four people for normal maps, and a full 8 person room for Hard. I haven't played the game in the last year though so I really should boot it up and warm back up at some point but :effort: It's a ways off though so no real rush.

Kadorhal posted:

Chiming in to say that whenever any Infinity stuff happens, I'm definitely coming along for that. Alas I won't be able to record anything, but I can give moral support with anime idol emblems and planes - I've started bringing up the Idolmaster F-14 (since the game refused to give me the F-15) so maybe that will be ready by the time we actually do anything.

Pfft, im@s Harrier or bust :colbert:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

nine-gear crow posted:

There are actual Space Jam/Ace Combat remixes though:

Beware the Slam Squadron, Lead by Michael 'Slam 1' Jordan, with wingmate Charles 'Slam 2' Barkley (AKA 'Chaos Dunk')!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd play Infinity, but I'm laughably bad at the game.

Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...
Happy 10th birthday Ace Combat Zero :unsmith:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Skwerl posted:

Man, that is awesome. :magical:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Skwerl posted:

That's fantastic, man!

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Is that the Avalon Dam, with a full reservoir?

Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...

The Casualty posted:

Is that the Avalon Dam, with a full reservoir?

yeap, check the date too :p This is as far as I can get without trampling all over the lore...

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Skwerl posted:

Did you paint this all yourself? If so, color me impressed. :wth:

Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...

IronSaber posted:

Did you paint this all yourself? If so, color me impressed. :wth:

it'd.....did take me a full month :smithicide:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Skwerl posted:

Well I think I have found my new desktop background if anything. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Skwerl didn't you do Death Rider for AC:AH? Or was that someone else? I thought it was you.

• Locked thread