Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...

Psion posted:

Skwerl didn't you do Death Rider for AC:AH? Or was that someone else? I thought it was you.

That, would be me too :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Basically, when we get around to multiplayer stuff, (ie - after the '''''campaign'''''), all I'm looking for is one person on each team to record, and for however many people as possible to have microphones to yell at each other. We'll work the logistics out later.

I'm thinking four people for normal maps, and a full 8 person room for Hard. I haven't played the game in the last year though so I really should boot it up and warm back up at some point but :effort: It's a ways off though so no real rush.

Pfft, im@s Harrier or bust :colbert:

Sweet, give me time to unlock stuff again. Though you're not alone in having gone through the game and gone "... Yeah, that's that."

Damnit, I'll never get the sweet skins, am I?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Skwerl posted:

That, would be me too :p

it still owns :hfive:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Skwerl posted:

Happy 10th birthday Ace Combat Zero :unsmith:

Seriously dude, that is fan-loving-tastic.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Psion posted:

Skwerl didn't you do Death Rider for AC:AH? Or was that someone else? I thought it was you.

It was Skwerl yeah.
http://pvtskwerl.deviantart.com/art/Death-Rider-212762173#dnr

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Chiming in because that painting is awesome.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Shinjobi posted:

I'd play Infinity, but I'm laughably bad at the game.

I think that alone makes for entertaining viewing. I think I'm only ranked 1600 on virtue of playing lots and just managing to survive against the high leveled folks with their fancy Yellow 13s and Garudas and their Galms and flashy planes with burst missiles that blow up and make you go blind and crash into buildings.

No, I'm not bitter. I just try to find a bit of amusement in everything, like flying a pink B-2 bomber around.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Skwerl posted:

Listen here you dumb poo poo Cipher and Pixy never went to Avalon together in the same plane, and furthermore the GPS coordinates are off by twenty minutes north and the F-15C carries AMRAAMs or Sparrows underneath its fuselage, not Sidewinders and where are the shock diamonds on the afterburners and you probably just took the kanji for a California Roll why would you even make it AC themed if you can't respect the canon

Kidding, this completely owns and is my new desktop.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Holy poo poo that art

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skwerl posted:

Your planearts are uniformly fantastic.

Skwerl
Sep 3, 2006
damn kids...

ninjahedgehog posted:

Listen here you dumb poo poo Cipher and Pixy never went to Avalon together in the same plane, and furthermore the GPS coordinates are off by twenty minutes north and the F-15C carries AMRAAMs or Sparrows underneath its fuselage, not Sidewinders and where are the shock diamonds on the afterburners and you probably just took the kanji for a California Roll why would you even make it AC themed if you can't respect the canon

Kidding, this completely owns and is my new desktop.

:colbert:

And yes, I caught the amraam mistake faaaaar too late in the project to fix it, should have consulted with a jet nerd earlier in v:unsmith:v

Edit: Thanks so much for the props goons, means a lot that there are actually people who like these since I do draw for a super niche subject. :V

Skwerl fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 23, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So here's the schedule of events for the upcoming Good Friday stream this Friday. Times are listed in EST, so you'll need to convert them to your local timezone.

No promises on the quality of the stream for Assault Horizon, because, 1) It's Assault Horizon, and 2) Cirv is actually going to be the one streaming the video because his internet connection is the best. ACES and I can only stream single player, doing multiplayer AND streaming at the same time just isn't in the cards. I will be hosting that portion of the stream, however, to whatever extent that entails.

I'll also be monitoring the chat on my iPad Hitbox app and will be taking viewer input into consideration.

poo poo goes down live this Friday right here: http://www.hitbox.tv/teamfrognugget

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also, in other LP news...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:siren::siren::siren:IT'S TIME:siren::siren::siren:

http://www.hitbox.tv/teamfrognugget

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
It was good to watch crow get wrecked in mario kart. I chuckled.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

YOTC posted:

It was good to watch crow get wrecked in mario kart. I chuckled.

It was revenge for me ruining ACES in helicopter mode.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

And yet I still beat you and Cirvante in the capture the flag thing, when you guys were two on one.

Suck my diiiiiiiiiiick.

yomidian
Sep 2, 2011

for every bat, there is at least one more bat
Raise money to sublimate the sick children so they can abandon this weak flesh! Dision was the first!

Things you missed in that stream include helicopter physics best described as 'heroic', the Raven's uplifting primer to Armored Core, and a full hour of proof that Joshua Bristow was right and we should probably destroy modern civilization.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
'Why are we defending miami' was the highlight of ACAH up till I realized Aces couldn't find the 'fly inverted' button on the helis.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Sadly I was either asleep or at work when this went down. Which video was this recorded in? I would love to watch it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

Sadly I was either asleep or at work when this went down. Which video was this recorded in? I would love to watch it.

Our block is in this video here. It starts around the 1 hour mark and runs for the majority of the remainder of the video. I am, just as a note, looking at cutting out our section and uploading directly to YouTube to make it a little more accessible to folks, however.

I will keep everyone posted.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:siren::siren::siren:ACE COMBAT 2 IS LIVE PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!:siren::siren::siren:

I'll leave this thread open for about a week-ish just for, well, whatever anyone wants to do in it before I close it. I'm also gonna PM baldurk tonight to have Zero and Electrosphere archived.

Thanks again, everyone for everything.

You were all absolutely fantastic.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

nine-gear crow posted:

:siren::siren::siren:ACE COMBAT 2 IS LIVE PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!:siren::siren::siren:

I'll leave this thread open for about a week-ish just for, well, whatever anyone wants to do in it before I close it. I'm also gonna PM baldurk tonight to have Zero and Electrosphere archived.

Thanks again, everyone for everything.

You were all absolutely fantastic.

The adventure continues! :woop:

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Thanks for your hard work, Crow. It's been a blast so far!

yomidian
Sep 2, 2011

for every bat, there is at least one more bat

"WHAT?! That's not planes! THAT'S NOT PLANES!" -FPzero, 2016

Thanks again to Crow and company for all their work bringing this together.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Is the order you're gonna play basically the same as in the image in the OP? So, 0, 2, 4, 5, 6, X, 7?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Hopefully 7 comes out by then.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Leif. posted:

Is the order you're gonna play basically the same as in the image in the OP? So, 0, 2, 4, 5, 6, X, 7?

Well, nine-gear crow did say he was going to play the games in the chronological order of the games, which is 0, 2, 4, 5, 6, X and (presumeably) 7 so probably yes. 3 happens at the end of the timeline but Lunethex covered it because nine-gear crow wasn't going to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Well, nine-gear crow did say he was going to play the games in the chronological order of the games, which is 0, 2, 4, 5, 6, X and (presumeably) 7 so probably yes. 3 happens at the end of the timeline but Lunethex covered it because nine-gear crow wasn't going to.

Indeed, that is the plan. Also, just another reminder: the Ace Combat 2 thread is now live. So if you're waiting around for AC2 to start in this thread, then it's time to update your bookmarks.

From this point on, I'm going to keep each game to its own separate thread, just to keep things more organized and so as not to intimidate any potential newcomers with a 500 page megathread or what not.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Hey Lunethex, out of curiosity were you translating AC3 or using someone's script?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Lune was using the translation provided by Project Nemo.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Ah, okay. There were some pretty massive mistranslations so I wanted to be ginger about how I approached it, but gently caress it.

If you want I can actually go do the epilogue stuff, even if you got the main gist of it.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

If you can actually translate it, everyone here would greatly appreciate it. Hell, the original project itself has kinda died due to their lack of a translator and other things potentially.

For in game stuff, they didn't finish the menus or Search Entries, and apparently were trying to figure out how to do the credits. But that's neither here nor there.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Akujiki posted:

Ah, okay. There were some pretty massive mistranslations so I wanted to be ginger about how I approached it, but gently caress it.

If you want I can actually go do the epilogue stuff, even if you got the main gist of it.

So the summary I wrote was in line with the actual epilogue dialogue? Good to know. That was the one thing, no matter what, that needed to be genuine.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Lunethex posted:

So the summary I wrote was in line with the actual epilogue dialogue? Good to know. That was the one thing, no matter what, that needed to be genuine.

It was pretty accurate. This is what I did with a quick pass

Simon the Crazy Guy posted:

Finally, we meet again.

...how was it? You may have already realized it, but you're a program I made. As well as all of the events you've witnessed to this point. All of the possibilities that I programmed into you as an AI have shown me the answer. You, having arrived here, have shown me through many patterns that all ever-changing worlds lead to that man's complete erasure. The man that stole Yohko from me, the man who shamelessly survived as a Dead Copy, Dision!

You completely purged the program that reproduced his mind. You showed me all possibilities.

Well, I've decided to release you into the real world. Forget all of your memories and everything you've done until now, and understand the truth of this world with your own eyes. Who made this world, and for what purpose...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

What did he say during the black & green part following that?

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

This one's a bit odd, I'll give it my best shot.

"Well then, let's start this "game" that has not had its story plotted in advance."

Let me try to break this down a little further though.

The original is 「さぁ、あらかじめ仕組まれた物語など存在しない、"ゲーム"を始めよう」

This kinda works out easier to translate in two sentences. "Well, there's no such thing as a story plotted out in advance. Let's begin the 'game'." But it doesn't really carry the joke of the statement, which is obviously that this is planned out. Alternatively, he could be saying "I don't know the route this is going to take, so let's see where it goes", simply because he knows that the end result still involves Dision's death. If you prefer this meaning, splitting it into two sentences works cleanest.

Second pass, that I think I like better: "Well then, let's start this "game", with no story that has been plotted in advance." I think it carries the meaning and flows a little better.

Akujiki fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 30, 2016

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Electrosphere is live on the Archive now, meaning Zero will most likely be up by tomorrow night. So start saying your goodbyes to this thread, because once Zero's up, I'm locking it.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

This twisted thread needs to be reset to Zero. That's what his AC2 LP is for!

COME ON!!

(I apologize for nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Belka did nothing wrong.

• Locked thread