Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i really liked star wars in the 5th grade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i never liked star wars but i did think the short clone wars cartoons they used to play on cartoon network were awesome

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

People getting angry bc the quad ligh saber wielding cyborg on the cartoon went down like a weenie on the movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apparently the PS2 ports for PS4 that come with Battlefront are actually running in a PS2 emulator which could be cool if they use it for more stuff

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Apparently the PS2 ports for PS4 that come with Battlefront are actually running in a PS2 emulator which could be cool if they use it for more stuff

What? Why does the game ha e a PS2 emulator

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
shadows of the empire was some drat win. the dianoga in the sewers was very scary to me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

What? Why does the game ha e a PS2 emulator
Sorry they come with the Battlefront PS4 bundle as digital downloads, but they're running in a PS2 emulator for PS4 that upscales and adds trophies

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sorry they come with the Battlefront PS4 bundle as digital downloads, but they're running in a PS2 emulator for PS4 that upscales and adds trophies

Didn't hear about this. Would be cool to get a PS2 catalog for sure

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

What games! What games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What games! What games
Bounty Hunter, Jedi Starfighter and Racer Revenge

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Bounty Hunter was a pretty good game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm hoping that means more PS2 games.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I hope Xbox One patching in backwards compatibility means that Sony is urged to do the same.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm hoping that means more PS2 games.
Me too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bounty hunter and republic commando ftw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Bounty hunter and republic commando ftw

tfw you cannot save sev on delta down

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hope Xbox One patching in backwards compatibility means that Sony is urged to do the same.

if they really are running in an emulator then they hopefully will be

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

People getting angry bc the quad ligh saber wielding cyborg on the cartoon went down like a weenie on the movie

I was mad because the movie was hot garbage. Actually I'm still mad

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This was bullshit.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playstation-2-emulation-coming-to-ps4-sony-confirms/

Soral
May 30, 2009

sharrrk posted:

i never liked star wars but i did think the short clone wars cartoons they used to play on cartoon network were awesome

it was made by the guy who made samurai jack and dexters lab. the dude is a freakin genius

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

what, the ps4 can't emulate ps2 games digitally? I thought that was a given, and this was about getting ps2 physical games to work on ps4.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

what, the ps4 can't emulate ps2 games digitally? I thought that was a given, and this was about getting ps2 physical games to work on ps4.

the ps4 cannot play ps1, ps2, ps3, psmobile, psp, or psvita games, it can only currently play ps4 games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you can play tomba 2 on a ps1, a ps2, a ps3, a psp, or a psvita

you cannot play tomba 2 on a ps4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

Nope

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

the ps4 cannot play ps1, ps2, ps3, psmobile, psp, or psvita games, it can only currently play ps4 games

goddamn. that's almost as annoying as the Wii U not having Wii's VC library from the start. good to see that it's being fixed somewhat. but now I definitely won't sell my ps3 if i get a ps4. but thats also because my religion forbids me from selling any gaming console or handheld.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I desperately need the PS1 library that the PS3 had to work on the PS4. I actually might want this more than PS2 emulation.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soral posted:

it was made by the guy who made samurai jack and dexters lab. the dude is a freakin genius

it was extremely dope to little me

Dec 26, 2012

Alain Post posted:

I desperately need the PS1 library that the PS3 had to work on the PS4. I actually might want this more than PS2 emulation.

this too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Splatoon is awesome, just awesome. Forget the "hard-core" dudebro shooting games this year, I'll stick to having a hell of a good time in Splatoon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lightsabers are epic and double lightsabers are even more epic.

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i really liked star wars in the 5th grade

i spent all of 5th grade talking about star wars with my fat friend and we had matching boba fett shirts

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i spent all of 5th grade talking about star wars with my fat friend and we had matching boba fett shirts
You were the kid who talked to himself, huh?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

You were the kid who talked to himself, huh?

no i got fat a few years later then i lost it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

no i got fat a few years later then i lost it

That's a shame but You could always buy a new boba fett shirt.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i had a friend in high school who would try to talk to me about star trek but i never watched any of it and didnt care but then in college i watched a ton of it and felt bad i ignored him about it

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

SM64Guy posted:

I .... "see" you.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

i had a friend in high school who would try to talk to me about star trek but i never watched any of it and didnt care but then in college i watched a ton of it and felt bad i ignored him about it

dont look back you can never look back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

maybe its because i'm extremely gay but i always kinda looked down on star wars, particularly nerds who read the extended universe books n poo poo

Thank God youre not a nerd am i right

• Locked thread