Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Beauty likes to sit in the most ridiculous positions and pretend to be comfortable:

But sometimes she sits in what my kid calls the I Am Noble Dog position:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
sometimes a terrier just got to be a terrier, y'know?

http://i.imgur.com/ekPFU0Ml.jpg (dead babbie rat warning)

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Your dog kind of looks like my dog, only bigger. She's also only 3 months old.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

:3:

love that dog, esp. those face markings!

Butler is 11 months old now, he's a mini fox terrier. what breed/s is/are your girl?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 17, 2016

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I have no idea. The SPCA had the breed listed as "Feist mix". She has stubby legs and a long body, that's all I know. Possibly 15-20 lbs full grown.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

you should definitely post more pictures of her

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

That dog looks pretty uncanny! Mine sleeps like yours all the time, must be a terrier thing.

I figure him for a rat terrier, but dunno for sure since I found him on the streets. I've had him for 7 years now and he's down to 11 teeth remaining. Good boy, bad genetics. Not even remotely interested in small animals at all, either.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Butler got to kill two more rats today, although he's very obviously an amateur. Still, practice makes perfect.

Soridar
Jun 1, 2016
My wife loves small dogs (while I am a large dog lover) so we got 3 small dogs (well suppose to be 3 as one grew well beyond what she was suppose to).

I have grown to love these little freaks of nature.

Buhda a Shih Tzu, my highly independent boy who prefers to do his own thing.

Izzy a Tea Cup Toy Poodle, 4 lbs of pure love. She is by far my smartest and most well behaved.

Bambi a JRT and Pug mix. She was suppose to be 12 lbs max, her last vet visit she was 30 lbs.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Butler made Rat Ace in December, forgot to update y'all. Yesterday he collaborated with Suzy to tear down an interior wall and kill one!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

good boy

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Get a load of this guy. Cute as a button, dumb as a box of rocks.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Get a load of this guy. Cute as a button, dumb as a box of rocks.

D'awwwwww. :3: What breed(s) is he? I also have a dumb-but-cute pup. My theory is that all her brainpower goes to distinguishing familiar things from unfamiliar things ("that trash bag wasn't here on my walk yesterday! ALERT! BARK BARK BARK!") and acquiring food. After that, there's not much left.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

pookel posted:

D'awwwwww. :3: What breed(s) is he? I also have a dumb-but-cute pup. My theory is that all her brainpower goes to distinguishing familiar things from unfamiliar things ("that trash bag wasn't here on my walk yesterday! ALERT! BARK BARK BARK!") and acquiring food. After that, there's not much left.

He's a laberdoodle. Though it's odd, because I thought half-poodle dogs weren't supposed to shed, but he loses so much hair it's a shock he isn't bald.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

He's a laberdoodle. Though it's odd, because I thought half-poodle dogs weren't supposed to shed, but he loses so much hair it's a shock he isn't bald.

yeah nah it's a bit of a tossup as to what traits you get with crossbred dogs. *doodles haven't got the quality control on their breeding to guarantee anything.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
"Cross-breeds" are fancy mutts. Unless you have seen AKC paperwork from their parents I would be skeptical that the parents weren't also mutts.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves
Well, making a break from the giant dog thread. We got this lil peanut this weekend.

Well, old lady Sage died the week before Christmas, after a long illness.
She's no Sage, but she's a sweet little thing. French Bulldog, goes by Miss Pickles. She's 8 weeks old today.

Our little girl loves her.

Ozzie could take it or leave it at this point.

I'm pretty well sold on the lil thing tho. Goddammit, she's cute as hell.

Seriously, lookit dat lil butt.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

thatbastardken posted:

yeah nah it's a bit of a tossup as to what traits you get with crossbred dogs. *doodles haven't got the quality control on their breeding to guarantee anything.
I think I've read that the original "goldendoodle" breeders were very careful about breeding for the desired traits rather than just mixing any old poodle + golden retriever pair, because they were (maybe still are?) raising them to be hypoallergenic service dogs. But yeah, I imagine what you see as *doodle in the US is not going to follow any kind of standard.

Miss Pickles is adorable. :3:

ETA: COntent, from a Facebook friend:

https://www.facebook.com/Vicki.Reid.780/videos/10155214242799095/

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Here is the crime scene I walked down to the other day

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

We think she's chi and jrt or dachshund. She thinks she's a cat.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Oh god I've killed again.

Sweet."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Krombopulos Butler posted:

I'm very discreet. I have no code of ethics. I will kill anything, anywhere. Rats, lizards, small possums, doesn't matter. I just love killing

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 4, 2017

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Eifert Posting posted:

We think she's chi and jrt or dachshund. She thinks she's a cat.

This reminds me so much of my Diggy!! She's (Diggy) definitely JRT 90% but she's only 13 pounds so the Vets have always guessed that she has some Chihuahua. I got her from a PET STORE, but 17 years ago, before it was the internet-rage to care about puppy-mills etc. and she's never had any health problems other than going blind, and she's freaking old as dirt, so you never know, right?

I had a Wire Hair Fox Terrier as a kid as well. Terriers can be a real terror for the first couple years, no matter how good an owner you are. My dad's dog ate his rented furniture before he married my mom in the 70's. My Jack Russell wanted to chew on my fingers and toes for hours on end with no respite no matter what other options were presented. It was never-ending! I feel like I had the patience of a saint, but she's still here and that's the one that's 17!

And Diggy is my BIG dog. We got Batman, who is 9? and only 3 pounds, because my husband's bosses were backyard breeders and by that point I would never buy that kind of dog, but they had already sold the other 6 dogs from the litter and were Literally going to just kill her and toss her in the garbage (cultural thing), so we took her when she 7 weeks old and weighed ~6 ounces. She had a heart murmur and she managed to collapse her treachea twice in the first month. We had to bottle feed her for a long time, and my husband was SO PISSED when she chose me as her one person, when he was the one doing most of the work. Haha silly Ex-husband!

Batman!

She's really hard to take pictures of so they're always all blurry. But this is the reason for the name. Obviously.

I caught her Yawning and I swear to god, I am looking at her right now and she has two front teeth and none of them are gross. I don't know why it looks like she's done a bunch of meth, but the way her face changes makes me laugh so hard!!

RARRRRR!!!!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

terriers

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Terriers?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Pirate Iggy is here to give long-haired chihuahuas some representation!

SolanaSkyes
May 29, 2005

Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane.
Any other Pomeranians here? Allow me to introduce our resident purse dog, Bonita!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

SolanaSkyes posted:

Any other Pomeranians here? Allow me to introduce our resident purse dog, Bonita!

HAHAH it's like 90% hair!! I've never known a Pomeranian. Is their hair really soft, or is it wirery? How big is she? She looks about 1 pound of dog and 5 pounds of hair. So cute though!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The least blurry shot I have of Lilly

She's Yorkie x Chiwawa and all terrier. Likes; socks, slippers and toes. Dislikes: baths.

SolanaSkyes
May 29, 2005

Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane.

DoggPickle posted:

HAHAH it's like 90% hair!! I've never known a Pomeranian. Is their hair really soft, or is it wirery? How big is she? She looks about 1 pound of dog and 5 pounds of hair. So cute though!

She's about 5-6lbs, soft undercoat and slightly harsher top coat, typical Spitz breed coat type, I guess. She's not mine, but lives here with my friend that immigrated from Ukraine. I'd never liked a Toy breed until I met this one. She's really an awesome little dog.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
daisy is a morkie who is 7 lbs and only likes rides in german sports cars

Big Bowie Bonanza fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 30, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Rescued a 5-month-old Chihuahua/Dachshund mix this weekend. His name is Clark W. Griswold and he's a good boy.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he's pretty drat cute, is he long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Avshalom posted:

he's pretty drat cute, is he long?

He's basically a weenie with chihuahua legs. He also does that weird twitching thing chihuahuas do.

• Locked thread