Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Zvi's RG Discard deck from CFB this morning is spicy as gently caress.

https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/empty-hand-of-the-gods/

Land (23)

4 Game Trail
3 Cinder Glade
8 Mountain
8 Forest

Creatures (27)

4 Bomat Courier
4 Bloodrage Brawler
3 Lupine Prototype
4 Noose Constrictor
4 Honored Hydra
4 Rhonas the Indomitable
3 Hazoret the Pervert

Spells (11)

4 Lightning Axe
4 Fiery Temper
3 Oath of Nissa

Sideboard

4 Walking Ballista
2 Shock
4 Manglehorn
2 Heaven/Earth
1 Oath of Nissa
2 Glorybringer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I love Injury far more than Insult, and I've been wondering if anything worth a hoot could put up with Insult to get Injury.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Hey does anyone want to see Vial Smasher in Legacy? Because this is awesome - Mengucci deals 14 damage with Vial Smasher game one.

https://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-mengucci-legacy-grixis-smasher/

I would love to play vial smasher in legacy.
FoW your spell, take five?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The first FNM tournament I played I got Splinter Twinned out.

That poo poo rolls downhill from the top tables, and there are probably people that pay enough attention at your store and are willing to buy 4 Saheeli.

My second sealed event (MMA) I got Splinter Twinned out. I had 1 good card in my entire pool with literal 0 fixing so that really helped me with my decision 7to say screw it and go home. Getting my Oona legend ruled away and having my opponent play a 2nd Oona next turn was the last straw.

Hellsau posted:

Obviously they can't have Reflector Mage and Cat Combo legal at the same time though. Ban Cat, unban the other 3 sounds fine to me. Or gently caress it unban everything and let the cat combo take over and then ban standard and make everyone play Pauper for a season.

So now instead of playing a format where you play an aggro deck or a combo deck or you just lose, people will... play a format where you play an aggro deck or a combo deck or you just lose except there's no combo deck!

Snacksmaniac posted:

I would love to play vial smasher in legacy.
FoW your spell, take five?

I played against something really close to this in paper before. The deck can't beat a Karakas ever.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Angry Grimace posted:

3 Hazoret the Pervert

I'm glad the new masterpieces have a lasting legacy.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
The arid mesas in the SAMart thread reminded me to scan and post the misty that got ripped up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0qfaetra7vt7qz/misty04172017.bmp?dl=0

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Mae posted:

I'm glad the new masterpieces have a lasting legacy.

I kind of thought the card was nonsense, but in practice in Zvi's deck it's super good. Getting the Pervert and Rhonas out at the same time is just beatdown city.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Molybdenum posted:

The arid mesas in the SAMart thread reminded me to scan and post the misty that got ripped up.

Jesus how'd you make such a convincing counterfeit?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/853340241683333120

What's funny is I know for a fact the guy who did this doesn't even own a card and lives no where near Renton

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

What's funny is I know for a fact the guy who did this doesn't even own a card and lives no where near Renton

What?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

RIP your money

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sensei's Diving Top is such a terrible game piece that it inspires unlikely heroes.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Angry Grimace posted:

Land (23)

4 Game Trail
3 Cinder Glade
8 Mountain
8 Forest

Creatures (27)

4 Bomat Courier
4 Bloodrage Brawler
3 Lupine Prototype
4 Noose Constrictor
4 Honored Hydra
4 Rhonas the Indomitable
3 Hazoret the Pervert

Spells (11)

4 Lightning Axe
4 Fiery Temper
3 Oath of Nissa

Sideboard

4 Walking Ballista
2 Shock
4 Manglehorn
2 Heaven/Earth
1 Oath of Nissa
2 Glorybringer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Lupine Prototype when Rhonas was spoiled.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
efb

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Foreskin Problems posted:

Hazoret the Pervert?

That's the name of the card

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Land (23)

4 Game Trail
3 Cinder Glade
8 Mountain
8 Forest

Creatures (27)

4 Bomat Courier
4 Bloodrage Brawler
3 Lupine Prototype
4 Noose Constrictor
4 Honored Hydra
4 Rhonas the Indomitable
3 Hazoret the Pervert

Spells (11)

4 Lightning Axe
4 Fiery Temper
3 Oath of Nissa

Sideboard

4 Walking Ballista
2 Shock
4 Manglehorn
2 Heaven/Earth
1 Oath of Nissa
2 Glorybringer

This list would be so much better with Heart of Kiran, and not going so hard on Hazoret, and just ditching Lupine Prototype. I think Hazoret may be a one or two of finisher at best. In a deck that wants to discard I also think the on color aftermath cards get way better. Insult//Inury and Mouth//Feed in both seem good, a Harmonize you can cast from your graveyard seems alright, especially when the front half is call of the herd.

Bomat Courrier just seems like it isn't a card. Voltaic Brawler and the new mythic rare that gives an extra attack phase both seem good to me. An energy sub theme also makes longtusk cub and Bristling Hydra a lot better, and hydra is extremely good at dodging removal. Arlinn Kord is also probably worth testing.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hellsau posted:

That's the name of the card

I forget what his actual name is and damned if I can figure it out by looking at that card.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Pontius Pilate posted:

I forget what his actual name is and damned if I can figure it out by looking at that card.

That's the beauty of it, he's actually a fervent pervert.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lawnie posted:

That's the beauty of it, he's actually a fervent pervert.

I think it's a she

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
These illegible, small art, promos should get someone fired. All the value in the set is in the hideous promos. That'll sell packs.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think it's a she

I look forward to Star City Games commentary loving that up forever. They'll probably call her Haze-ret too.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If Cat didn't exist we would see decks like B/G delirium reoccurring Ishkanah or G/W tokens keeping Mardu in check. The format will be so much better, and if they unban reflector mage so U/W has a chance again that would be great. Emrakul deserves to be gone without a doubt, and the copter to a lesser extent. I don't think Heart of Kiran is nearly as busted.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Next set is Ixalan, and also they're changing various tournament structures and things

Also the next EDH set is Tribal Commander, featuring only 4 decks

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

If this doesn't introduce the Goblin two drop I'll loving riot

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Having Worlds w/ Ixalan before the PT is sort of exciting. The meta will be much more established during the PT than usual.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

So for most normals, does anything actually change? Did RPTQs have entry fees before? Glad they can continue to make people pay for everything they have to do in the game, even if they won a PPTQ and transported themselves to the RPTQ.

Also based on the most recent sets, I will predict Ixalan PT to be the most boring PT in recent memory.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Yay, standard and booster draft for worlds. loving yawn.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
This is the stupidest way to announce a new set

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

This is the stupidest way to announce a new set

It's because they pushed announcement day back so they can hype the Obviously Not Dominaria spring set so they eventually had to say something.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Elyv fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 18, 2017

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

quote:

What's the Format?

We heard you loud and clear. You remembered Nationals as a multi-format celebration, and we're going to bring that back. The formats for 2017 Nationals will be a combination of Standard Constructed and Booster Draft

The multi-format celebration everyone was asking for!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Should be recruiter.

I do like how it keeps telling people to check the Nationals page to see if you have enough points and it just leads to 404s.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Tribal themes could be fun, depending on what they pick. I guess Goblins seem like an obvious one,

Has Ixalan come up in lore before?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

TheKingofSprings posted:

you know nothing of goblins.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Tribal commander decks sound cool. My first (and currently still only) EDH deck is a Kangee birdie deck. It's a lot of fun.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Mesopotamia world is on maros short list so that's probably what ixalan is

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Jabor posted:

The multi-format celebration everyone was asking for!

2018: last year you made your voice heard. You want more diversity of formats in nationals. We're honoring your voice by adding sealed deck to the mix!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It's probably this renamed

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

I'd say it's much more likely to be mesoamerica based, given the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Seems like "Mesopotamia" would be too similar in flavor to our current Egypt world, especially for the same group of world culture rubes that didn't "get" what Kamigawa was trying to do with Japanese mythology. It would make for a cool setting if done right though.

• Locked thread