Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Gensuki posted:

Does anyone have the Magic version of loss.jpg handy? asking for a friend.

This one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Please for the love of god let there be a Price of Progress reprint in Oath.

Ahahahahaha, this is adorable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It also hates Devoid! Don't forget that the colorless mechanic and the colorless mechanic don't work well together. Which by extension gets Processors as all ingesters are devoid cards and nothing in true colorless below 7 mana exiles. {c}-cards are gonna have to do a lot of work to get over being bad with colorless cards. Converge is just part of it; Kozilek's Chaneller and Hedron Archive and Pilgrim's Eye are the only spells in BFZ that cost less than 6 mama and don't oppose colorless-only, because the rest are colored or punish colorless.

This is going to be dumb.

Has anything been said about C only paying for C costs and not being usable for generic costs? Because if not, you're overreacting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

odiv posted:

So colourless is not "mana of any colour", right? Like BoP can't tap for it, I'm guessing?
Right, colorless is mana that's not one of the five colors. It can't be used to pay for colored costs, but it can be used to pay for generic costs (the numbers in mana costs)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

Oath of the Gatewatch is the story of four planeswalkers - one green, one red, one blue, and one white making an Oath to fight the Eldrazi or some poo poo. There's no black planeswalker in the Oath.

The Oath Cycle from Exodus has 5 oaths, one green, one red, one blue, and one white and one black. The only one on the Reserved List is the black one.

Conclusion: Oath of Druids is in OGW. The foreshadowing is obvious guys.

They put Oath of Ghouls on the Reserve List?! WHY?!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Japanese reader confirming that the demon makes you lose four.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Gensuki posted:

Why is Wasteland 10 times the cost of stripmine? Is stripmine banned in everything?

Strip Mine is banned in everything and restricted in Vintage. Wasteland is a 4 of in most Legacy decks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Spitballing for a Magic-y word: Escalate?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

Right, but WUBRG are also C in most situations.

No, WUBRG can be used to pay for generic. That confusion is precisely why they gave C a symbol.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lancelot posted:

hm, what argument shall I use to convince my largely millennial audience that spoilers are bad... hm... i know...let's go with the argument old people in the recording industry used against napster! wow.. another hard day's work done at wotc

Don't forget that the movie industry is still using that argument.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zoness posted:

I mean when they showed wrath of god turning into damnation that was dope as gently caress

I actually knew a guy who said with a straight face "Have you seen the new 10th Ed Wrath of God art? It's just a white version of Damnation."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elyv posted:

hi guys would you like to see what twoo has been up to, because apparently it's videos like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=965sM3YoTsI

better watch out for that hair industry!!

Did he actually unironically say "wake up sheeple" without actually using that phrase? Good god.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AgentSythe posted:

It might have a home in that Esper Familiar pauper deck

It seems just worse than Islands and bouncelands to me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well yeah, why else would Star City print a Germ token? It's not like any other card in Magic generates Germ tokens.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Bugsy posted:

"When another colorless creature enter in battlefield you can change the basic power and toughtness from Mimic Eldrazi for the power and toughtness from that creature until the end turn"

"Is coherent incoherent"

I'm guessing that it's actually "i(t)s coherently incoherent"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It only triggers if the second colorless creature enters under your control.

(Why's the translation back to English so broken? Neither the Spanish text nor the usual English templating says "enter in battlefield".)

I can't even read Spanish and I was still able to find "enters the battlefield" in that textbox.

(Okay fine I can read some French and that help, but still)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I know the clause is there, I just want to know why the English translation words it so badly. The spanish text of that clause is "entre al campo de batalla" -- literally "enters to the battlefield", obviously best translated as "enters the battlefield". Then why does the given English translation say "enter in battlefield"? It's not like the spanish text says "entre en".

Oh, fair enough. I'd say it's probably due to good old fashioned incompetence, the same reason it says "P&T from that creature."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

unacceptable

unacceptable

I'm really glad I don't get this mad (ironically or not) over how bad most Japanese to English translations are.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I like -1/-1 counters.

I loving loved Incremental Blight.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I opened a couple of Garruks in Lowryn limited, but I think that's it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dehtraen posted:

Card Kingdom did another Pauper tournament today, sold out at pre-registration but then a handful of people no showed. Went 4-1-1 in Swiss (non-intentional draw) playing elves and lost in the semifinals. Fun times. I wish more places would do paper pauper tournaments

I was working just up the street. :(

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for the next one and request that day off well in advance.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

High Tide is not so strong since Frantic Search is banned.

Snap and Cloud of Faeries are not and the High Tide decks were busted enough at Card Kingdom's first Pauper tournament that they decided it needed to be banned for the second.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

There is a cloud deck, but I thought the issue was that the combo takes an insane amount of time to play out online. Could be a good one in paper.

I think it's less than it takes time and more that it's monotonous. You have to click through every iteration of Ghostly Flicker/Cloud of Faeries/Mnemonic Wall.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

UG Madness is also (mostly) legal and I'm kind of interested to see how strong it is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

I actually don't think it would be all that strong but you could play two of my favorite cards, Waterfront Bouncer and Piracy Charm, so I say you should saddle up those Arrogant Wurms

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Wild mongrel best mongrel

I completely forgot VM made arrogant wurm a common. Is careful study common online?

They also made Circular Logic into a common!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

The real answer is to ban Cloud of Faeries because that card is obnoxious as crap and allows that stupid Familiar deck, as well as Delver having 4 power worthof flyers and still leave up Spellstutter Sprite on turn 2.

Also a reminder that we're doing a MTGO Pauper Goon League! I have at least one entire spare deck and am like $8 short from having a 2nd, and other people have cards/decks to borrow too. So if you have an account but no deck we've got your covered.

I'm interested, but is MTGO still a steaming pile?

And do accounts still cost $10?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

If this translation is correct, wowzers.

As a Japanese speaker, can confirm translation is accurate.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Frontier Siege costs 4.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Hence the turn 2 mana dork.

Yeah, okay. I assumed you meant "random creature."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Terrible Horse posted:

Cant wait for Gatewatch: Civil War

That's the Avengers.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finally, a UR card I'm actually excited about for my Cube.

It's no Wee Dragonauts or Nivix Cyclops, but it's still pretty strong. The Baloth is also great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

"So, uh, Jace, I heard you're heading to Innistrad."

Holy poo poo, this is great.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, the fact that Jace could somehow block out Kozilek's reality warping powers is bullshit.

Stop shoving Jace down our thoats, WoTC.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

superstepa posted:

Is MTGO worth it for pauper? No stores here play paper pauper and I really want to play a competitive format but right now I can't afford a legit modern or legacy deck. You have to pay to participate in MTGO pauper tournaments right?

I'm also interested in the answer to this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It turns out when you have a product that literally prints money, you don't have to invest money into improving it.

For all the problems MTGO has had and may or may not still have, it still lets people draft whenever they want and people will pay for that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is Phyrexian Tower even played in anything anywhere?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's hilarious that Nourishing Shoal is actually seeing play now, since it was so reviled back in Standard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sickening posted:

Its like the cedric phillips thing where he rules lawyered an esper charm. technically correct and douchebagery all at the same time.

I don't think I've heard this story.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Does one copy in the sideboard really count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

little munchkin posted:

Clearly it was the quarterback's intention to throw the ball to his teammate. Everyone on both teams knew it too, so intercepting the ball and running the other way with it is such a scumbag move.

:rolleyes:

Really?

• Locked thread