Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
This seems like a decent enough sideboard answer to Copycat Combo. Then again, Authority of the Consuls hasn't really held it back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Eschatos posted:

Looks like a copy editor hosed up.

Still not as funny as them loving up the Monarch token in Conspiracy 2.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Alaan posted:

So the new -1/-1 producer works with Druid because it modifies the counter going on not outright preventing it like Melira?

Something like that. If the -1/-1 was part of the effect of the ability instead of part of the cost, it would work with Melira. I think Vizier works because you can still pay the cost, but then that cost gets altered. Someone ask Matt Tabak.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mandatory lesbian posted:

A land is Animated by Nissa, Vital Force. On my turn I play Dungeon Geist on the land. Geists effect will keep it locked down, despite it no longer being a creature, correct? Doesn't that seem weird?

It hasn't changed zones or anything, so it's still the same game object, so any effects on it continue to apply. The effect says "target creature" and the card is no longer a creature, but targeting restrictions only matter at the moment when the spell or effect resolves. It's just like how if you cast Oath of Ajani while your land is animated, when it stops being a creature, it keeps the +1/+1 counter.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

InterrupterJones posted:

I freely admit that I don't play standard; but just to be clear, wouldn't a UW control deck theoretically have access to fragmentize to deal with Heart of Kiran?

It's been in sideboards for a while, the problem is you can't really maindeck it because it does nothing against GB.

• Locked thread