Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Niton posted:

Keith Adams

that guy shows up at my LGS sometimes. I've seen him film flip it or rip it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Mods on mtgsalvation also confirmed ideas unbound as an instant and a rare.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

On dominaria a scavenger, on mirrodin a predator.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Modern

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I need new sleeves. I've been using kmc perfect fit and hyper matte. Should I try any other brands?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I've had kmcs split but only because I accidentally had one half of the deck upside down when I shuffled. I popped 3 or 4 at once and after that they split willy nilly. I replaced all of those and haven't had any problems before or since. However I'll give dragon shields a chance.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

BizarroAzrael posted:

A lot of bellyaching on Reddit about the mythic rarity level, all asserting what it "should" be and how it's awful powerful cards get printed there. Or weak cards.

It got me thinking about the chances of getting a given Mythic in a pack. In a large set I figure it's a 1/8 to get a mythic at all and then 1/15 for a given mythic, so 1/120.

For the chance of a given rare, firstly it's 7/8 of not getting a mythic, then 1/52 or 7/371 of a given rare, giving 7/2968 or 1/424.

I must have a made a mistake, right? What have I missed, or are you actually more likely to open Gideon than Prism Array?

Mythics dont replace rares, they replace commons.

Also 52 * 7 = 364

Also 7/8 * 7/371 = 49/2968

It's basically just 1/120 vs 1/52

Edit: 7/8 * 1 / 52 = 7 / 416 about 1/60.

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 3, 2015

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
For real? My bad,I haven't opened a pack since khans.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

always be closing posted:

They loving suspended Fabiano.

I will riftsweeper him into the LIBRARY then you can HOUR OF NEED him.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Are there any good custom young pyro tokens?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

AlternateNu posted:

The real question is how scantily clad do you want your red elemental girl.

Outside of that, these two are pretty cool:

Those look like 8/8s or something. The only non scantily clad red elemental girl I found was this one:

http://tokens.gregrava.com/tokens/elemental-fire/

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

"Attourneys"? What country are you from?

At tourneys

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Tomb of urami

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
What if the long awaited reprint of enemy fetches was just the expedition lands and they won't be in shadows or the next fall set?

Tarn $100+?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Markovnikov posted:

How much are those 90 fakebux worth? If they are actually worth 40k as someone on reddit says, there is no way they are recouping their investment, even if they hoard all the Seances ever printed and burn half of them. Of coruse assuming this is not a huge scam/a crazy person taking MTGfinance to the utmos end.

Well helllllllooooo Basil! Is our bet still on? So if I can take a random bulk rare and move it to 2 dollars in the space of ooonnne pro tour I'll win our combined inheritances and if I lose you get the inheritances? Deeeelightful, I've selected seance from dark ascension, see you after the next pro tour *aristocratic titter*

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

whydirt posted:

I want a remake of Trading Places that uses mtgfinance as its backdrop.

Dan Akroyd whispers to himself "pork bellies lion's eye diamonds"

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Foil wastes will be expensive, even if just for EDH.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Are boxes really $85 wholesale? I thought the wholesale price for a standard box was closer to $72.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
If my opponent has a notion thief and I activate a draw ability at the end of their turn to dredge, which replacement effect happens?

I think as the controller of the draw I would pick but wanted to confirm.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Rolling THUNNNNNNNNNNDERRRRRRR

sorta

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

jassi007 posted:

My god your dense latley. You only make money off commercials/infomercials if it causes people to spend money... The commercial it self is an expense not income. duh?

Yes. Sometimes I tell myself I like it, but really he just sucks me in with his ridiculous trolling.

I put him and the bee guy on ignore a long time ago.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Gleemax.com I think

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
LotV dropped to about 30-40 at rotation, I expect at least that for flip jace.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

All this hush hush secrecy and rumour mongering is so precious. Why doesn't one of the banned people just come out and say exactly what happened one way or the other?

They're on double secret probation

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I would switch out of paper and into mtgo if the client was halfway decent.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
They should print a 3 mana Chandra that has jaya Ballard task mage abilities without the discard thing.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Yeah, I'm expecting a UR manland.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Are there St. Louis area stores that play modern or legacy regularly? Hopefully with the players fielding competitive decks

Edit: Near tower grove park?

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 25, 2015

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Anyone see the stone forge mystic OGW on twitter? Real or fake?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Ramos posted:

https://elrincondemagic.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/spoilers-oath-of-gatewatch-stoneforge-mystic/

Are you talking about this?

In that case, happy Spanish April Fools' Day.

Yeah that one.

Edit: that draw spell makes me want to play rewind in modern.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I've seen people running both

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
what's the best site to (MTGO) price check a modern deck?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Angry Grimace posted:

nothing really beats Jund/k in topdeck mode.

I mostly play BGx midrange decks in modern and I lose all the goddamn time to tron and scapeshift in top deck mode. Makes me so angry :argh:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I could swear I've played Joe Lossett at my LGS, but he lives in California, not Ohio. Maybe every LGS has a nerd that looks like him?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Archenteron posted:

That's hilarious. I basically said, "wait, is that Joe a pro, or does he play here?", and in on the other side of the city from you.

I was going to play at plus one last night until I saw how far away it was.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

JerryLee posted:

I said it above, but just in case it seemed like a joke, I honestly think Dust Bowl might be the best of both worlds. It fixes the wasteland "problem" in similar fashion to Tec Edge, in that it can't sucker-punch someone in the first few turns of a game (silly mana acceleration scenarios aside), but it offers a significant buff over Tec Edge in that it has the potential to slowly gently caress the poo poo out of any deck that was planning to spend the game sucking its manabase's dick.

dang I would love dust bowl in a loam deck.

or a deck with flagstones of troikar

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh cool! A version of the BW Eldrazi deck I'm building came in tenth!

My old deck, Affinity came seventh and eighth. I also need some expensive cards yet.

Some of the locals I play with did really well. I guess I should start going to these tournaments.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
You can serum visions on your t3 then counter their clique or exarch/pestermite or w/e and be okay. I guess mana leak works the same there with less color requirements but this has better late game applicability compared to leak.

I don't think it'll shake any format to its core or anything but I like it and I'll pick up a playset.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

kizudarake posted:

Dispel counters summer bloom for U, though.

Sorcery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

standard.deviant posted:

Spell Snare works, but we were trying to find non-blue answers anyway I thought...

there's always ghost quarter. Pop their karoo with the untap and bounce triggers on the stack

• Locked thread