Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Now we're getting weird

Milpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

MiddleEastBeast posted:

The cards are real.

Source: Sammy Sosa.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

NivMizzet posted:

Interestingly, if this does mean can only be cast with colorless mana, it's one of the mechanics from The Great Designer Search 2:

"Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad." -Maro, after crumpling up test cards and stuffing them in his pocket.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Voyager I posted:

I'm going to be pissed if Wastes are real and a bunch of good Diamond cards come out that make painlands spike in value, destroying another avenue for cheap dual lands in this loving standard.

I'm not because I have 100 of each of them I'd like to move!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thank you.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Did you guys see Huey kick my rear end with Storm on stream? That's the only match I lost today though...

Good luck me ellipses.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Late but I like the BCW perfect fits.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finally watching that stream. So good.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Snapcaster Mage, this is about to be reprinted as a uh...

Regional PTQ promo.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My floral spuzzem is still deciding on whether it wants to destroy an artifact or not.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had to play an auto pick deck on cube last time and my 5c monstrosity almost made it out of round one. I lost to panoptic mirror/beacon of tomorrow.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jace needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time travel magic. Whenever Jace is's not in a story, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Jace"?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Print some DTF werewolves.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mezzanon posted:

Insane local magic drama: the local high level judge got To-catch-a-predator'd last night and relinquished his drat self to police custody today.

What this means for future GPT's is unclear!

I was going to make a second insensitive joke about all PPTQ's being cancelled because it doesn't stand for Pre-Teen qualifiers, but I'm not going to.

Well this is going to be a hard one to top.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hyper genesis hasn't been putting up numbers at no ban modern. Must be too much of a known factor.

It's hands down the best goldfish deck I think.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Elyv posted:

What about the blazing shoal infect deck?

I really like the version of that with blasphemous act.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

What?! When was this announced?

Wasn't it a judge promo leak?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

CoK was my favorite set and I couldn't share this sentiment on mtgo.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Pro and semi-pro cheating/being poor sport stories are my favorite thing about this game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Kozilek's Return is sick.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2N_uvnvGbI
Granted, their handling of the :d: thing wasn't too great either.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Reading about other people's experiences with EDH is worse than actually playing EDH, no thanks.
This is like a classic chicken/egg scenario. It's all awful.
I have to hear about people's garbage commander decks at the store I work a few nights at.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

When I saw the person at the center of the nonsense, I was not surprised.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Static Equilibrium posted:

Well you also shouldn't play magic and you definitely shouldn't spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for the privilege of doing so, and yet here we all are.

Tough but fair.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there anywhere I can order fun drake tokens that aren't winged big-titted anime catgirls

We go 0 to 100 real quick.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Killin my tables with that bad frame.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I despise commander but I have to make Talarand now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

What a wonderful world such would be

Please let this happen.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

You wouldn't spoil a car.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Judging is fun if you are L2+ and can actual judge at events that aren't lousy as poo poo.

Are you a sadist?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hasbro is an American multinational toy and board game company. It is one of the largest toy makers in the world. The corporate headquarters is located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
Please volunteer today.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If everyone donated $5 to Hasbro today, our donation drive would be over. Please donate.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Magic is a game that is profitable in spite of itself.
There's the reserve list, abolition of nearly every player reward program worth a drat, volunteer judges, increasingly watered-down supplemental product releases, and now this.
Fine, do something about the people who broke an NDA or whatever, but this "disproportionate response" (thanks Sheldon) is just pants on head stupid.

UberJew posted:

scg actually pays judges for some of their events

like, american dollars :shittypop:
It still boils down to less than minimum wage, especially considering travel IIRC>

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

InterrupterJones posted:

With all of these bannings over spoilers, is it uncouth to ask when is the next official spoiler for OGW?

Let me just leak something really quick.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

odiv posted:

Just sue for breach of contract then, right?

:lol:

quote:

In light of which, I — the maintainer, largely out of my own pocket — of the magicjudges.org network of Web sites and resources

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Leaks are bad guys. It's like stealing. Don't leak cards. Don't talk about leak cards. Don't repost leaked cards. Volunteer at large advertising events for no pay or next to nothing. If everyone reading this bought only one intro deck, our drive would be over.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ThePeavstenator posted:

isn't it anime tho?

And the card layouts are hideous.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Someone is just gonna report me and I'm going to be banned.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't believe how horribly Wizards handled this. If this was their first statement, it would've been much more well received, at least among judges.

I realize it's just an expression, but I can believe how horribly Wizards handled it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ThePeavstenator posted:

It's almost like employing anti-social nerds to run your game company results in poorly thought-out responses when you need to engage with your customer base outside of press releases.

How dare you doubt Trick.

• Locked thread