Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Here we go Devotion to ♦ :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I think its a really clean way to impliment a psuedo 6th color.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Frozen_flame posted:

Go big or go home.
◇◇◇, Enchantment, all nonbasics become Wastes.

I would be all about wastemoon

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

I kind of doubt we'll see flashback around again soon. If I had to guess, with SoI, we'll see DFCs of some sort, but probably not any direct mechanic crossovers.

We're going back to innistrad

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Maybe we'll finally get WWWB Avacyn like we deserved

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Are we being nerds about lines of texts now?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Someone posted this on Tumblr yesterday.

It isn't perfect, but dang, I wish I'd done this first.

owns

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

Stoneforge dies to Bolt. And I don't think anyone is going to make the claim that 1W: put a Batterskull into your hand is particularly broken.

"dies to removal"

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Other takeaway: Stoddard also recognizes that Spider Spawning is the best.

He is correct.

Triple innistrad is the only draft I ever remember that had 2 different combo decks to draft , spider spawning and burning vengeance. They haven't ever been able to make a BV-like draft card work since inn.

E: or not nearly as well

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Friendly reminder that Craig Wescoe doesn't wash his hands after he poops at events

Picture of Craig Wescoe:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Return to dominaria

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Not if the eldrazi and phyrexians battle there!!!!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nagle is a big doodoo head!!!

I think the dude is creative, and thinks up some weird rear end designs which is both A) Great for keeping the game fresh and B) lovely for trying to balance the game with weird new mechanics.

Him dressing up like a phyrexian is still funny though. He also has some less-than-favorable quotes like how he designed a few cards with some of his EDH decks in mind, but thats pretty minor in my book since Im sure every designer who still actively plays does something similar.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

:rip: a lot of things in that story. I enjoyed it though.

These stories are so mixed in quality, but I am beginning to look forward to them.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kozilek is also super cool looking

much cooler than Ulamog

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

All is Dust reprint?!

Probably a "fixed" all is dust that costs an extra mana or some poo poo.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

All is Dust reprint?!

Probably a "fixed" all is dust that costs an extra mana or some poo poo.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sickening posted:

You can buy them less because they can't be redeemed. All cards that can't be redeemed are less.

Which bums me out, because I got a foil sacred foundry

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I wonder what Emrakul does to alter land. I'm sure we won't see that dude for a while though. I think it escaped from Zendikar?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im glad New Kozilek is real and that wastes are real and everything is as cryptic as reality itself

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

wrongo bub

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's more likely it'll be like other small set mechanics i.e. not many cards and most of those blow. It just so happens to be one of those that demands you build rather specifically to it like Savior's cards-in-hand theme.

I'm guessing it'll be BoTG levels of "well that was disappointing *shrug*" though, not some cataclysm of bad set design.

we have no idea! :speculate:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

The trick to making basic lands more draftable is to have the 23rd card type cards loving awful.

I drafted a bunch of basics in AVR!!!

I draft basics in BFZ all the time because thyre purdy

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

They'll print a new BoP that taps for "mana not of any colour".

http://magiccards.info/cs/en/105.html

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Ancient Tomb in the expeditions? Whaaa

EDIT: and Forbidden Orchard. So I guess there may be 10 one-of cool lands as expeditions?

it looks nice

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Cavern of souls and wasteland I think have a good shot of being expedition'd but :speculate:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fiend Computer posted:

jesus christ I don't want to live in a standard environment where wasteland, ancient tomb and all the duels are legal.

shocks I mean not the duels.

Well theyn you're in luck

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

New Nissa seems very good

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This is a really cool design for a common land

Already have good feelings about OGW

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I dont know how people don't find "Free spell when you cast a big creature" to not be "cool enough to be mythic"

Its efficient, splashy, and makes your big splashy spells splashier.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

World breaker would be great in pod :smith:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Colorless mana symbol is really easy to understand

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

That confusion didn't exist until they invented ♦ as a casting restriction that is no different from any other 6th color implementation and is completely mechanically identical to color restrictions. Until the ♦ symbol showed up in a casting cost there was literally no functional difference between using generic mana in a colorless spell versus using colored mana as generic.

I think it's dumb as hell for a gimmicky "colorless" mechanic that doesn't need to exist and offers very little to the game, but thankfully maro had some post where he admitted it's a dumb mechanical gimmick for the set and not some actual forward-moving evergreen design tool (not as colorfully as I did, but he said it's an OGW mechanic and we won't see wastes in future sets).

its also not confusing at all

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

black potus posted:

literally all thats new is colorless cost which has been possible forever just never used. "you must spend at least two colorless mana to pay Kozilek's mana cost" or something. plenty of mana restrictions.

also how bout some sw8 pale moon synergy amirite

I was literally about to make this exact same post

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Colorless blood moon is gonna cost like 3CC and be named "Kozilek's Moon" and be a picture of his butt!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

black potus posted:

*loud distressed grunting*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Gyshall posted:

lovely Bolt - R
Instant
lovely Bolt deals 2 damage to target creature or 3 damage to target player. Exile lovely Bolt.

id be into it if it wasnt for processors

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Makes a chump blocker, makes creatures bigger, can make your chump blockers bigger. Suddenly all of your plants are big? Seems efficient and fine to me.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I said efficient not exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah she can also be used in sac strategies if you really need or just grind out your opponent by going wide

E: then take a nap afterward because zzzzz

• Locked thread