Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Terrible Horse posted:

True, but what about regular draft? What about modo prerelease? Maybe every Oath pack will have a waste instead of a regular basic.

That's my thinking. People have access to thousands of the other basic types. Now you're releasing a new land type, with (presumably playable) cards who want to use this, how can be make sure everyone gets enough of this land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Niton posted:

Has Rogue Deck Building Gone Too Far??

(click for context)

Everyone better be voting for Tibalt in Modern for his next deck.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Who doesn't pre-reg for a GP if possible? The only time I didn't was when they didn't allow it and I had to do it in person the day before.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Storm's back baby

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlternateNu posted:

Oh poo poo. Turbo Turns about to be on camera. :woop:

Edit: Aaaaaaand completely flares out against Boggles game 1. :cripes:

GG Teeg. Get rekt Fabiano.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mcmagic posted:

Did you guys see Huey kick my rear end with Storm on stream? That's the only match I lost today though...

Did you side out the pyroclasms on game 2? They were talking on the stream like you did.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

UB Fairies 11-0 :wow:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think I see something that looks like equipment in the artifacts.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Build a foil cube.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's not the card we deserve but it's the card we need

Much like Twin :colbert:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Count Bleck posted:

Nice conveniently covered name.

It's probably not Nahiri, though.

Edit: Holy moley I actually want to make Abzan Aristocrats again.

The GB Aristocrat deck posted in the brew thread and on the Daily Deck is a good place to start. You can start adding fetches for 1-2 more colors around it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

My buddy has been on a b/w lifegain deck forever. It plays martyr over the soul sisters themselves, which suck. Adding black gets you zealous persecution and orzhov charm, plus vault and some sideboard plays like tidehollow sculler.

At that point, why not just play BW tokens?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pharohman777 posted:

I like the description of Kozilek's shards. I mean, we have to simplify any 'incomprehensible' horror if we are going to draw it, and the description of the shards as 2d voids in space that merge together based on the viewers perspective is a legitimate cosmic horror description. Sure they are solid objects with shading and such in the art, but a lot of the unreality and horror of the eldrazi titans is not shown in the art.

I loved the whole realization that Kiora has here:
Who had taught her that gods could be defied? Whose example had led her on this collision course with a god—with two? Cosi stories had shown her that Ula could be tricked, beaten, brought low.
But there was one thing she'd forgotten in her rush to confront Ula, one thing that every Cosi story had in common. Cosi always won. Not the mortals who followed his example. Not the dolphins who chattered his praises. Cosi always won. Kiora had tricked Thassa, had thought to humble Ula. But Cosi had tricked her.

And then she realizes that Koziek does not see her, or the Bident, even as he attacks Lorthos: Kiora stared up at Cosi, but Cosi didn't stare back. He couldn't—no head, no face, just a vast and alien presence towering above her. He'd attacked Lorthos because the octopus was the only foe anywhere close to his size. Kiora and her precious bident were insignificant, beneath his notice.

She understood, finally, where she had gone wrong. Cosi hadn't tricked her. Cosi had no understanding of the little story she'd been telling—the one that cast the tricksters as loyal dolphins and the other Planeswalkers as fools and herself, laughably, as Cosi.

Thassa had hated her. Cosi couldn't even see her.

So this story is It was Tuesday?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Liking Team Indonesia here. Hats look dope.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Indonesia doesn't get in on breakers. Lame.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Zoness posted:

In what deck would Kiora belong as long as Jace and Nissa are around?

Don't make Kiora your Narset.

GU Eldrazi Ramp.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ancient Tomb in the expeditions? Whaaa

EDIT: and Forbidden Orchard. So I guess there may be 10 one-of cool lands as expeditions?

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 13, 2015

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Watch one of them be Kor Haven. Such flavor

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlternateNu posted:

Oh god. You might as well scoop to whoever gets this in their limited pool with any decent Eldrazi.
So, let's see. If they're doing one-of's for the 10 outside the filter lands that are "generic" enough sounding, that means we can spec on:
Wasteland
Karakas
Diamond Valley
Horizon Canopy
Grove of the Burnwillows
City of Traitors (could be named for wherever Ayla hangs out :unsmigghh: )
Cavern of Souls
Academy Ruins
Cabal Coffers (maybe?)
Dryad Arbor? (Are there Dryads on Zendikar?)
Dust Bowl
River of Tears
Deserted Temple
Kor Haven
Gemstone Mine
Thawing Glaciers?
Mana Confluence
Strip Mine
Reflecting Pool

If Tomb is 36 and Orchard is 39, only 2 things can be between A and F.

Diamond Valley
City of Traitors (could be named for wherever Ayla hangs out :unsmigghh: )
Cavern of Souls
Cabal Coffers (maybe?)
Dryad Arbor? (Are there Dryads on Zendikar?)
Dust Bowl
Deserted Temple

It also leaves enough room for the 5 Worldwake manlands.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Are the Etb tapped uncommon lands reprints or just functional reprints?

Edit: The Chandra and Nissa art is some of the best planeswalker art they have ever done.

Super edit: Does Koz's Return just replace Pryoclasm in RG Tron entirely or will they use a mix?

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 14, 2015

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just read that the 2BB demon doesn't say gain for 4 life if there are 4 types in your graveyard, but that you lose 4 life if there aren't 4 types. Where can we get a Japanese reader?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

so lets price speculate on these new expo lands

Tec Edges will be the cheapest expedition at 40 dollars.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Showing what was at the end of the flashback draft article

NOTE: Due to bugs currently impacting Darksteel rares Gemini Engine and Thought Dissector, Darksteel boosters opened during between the January 6 and January 20 downtimes will not contain these cards, whether in these events or through the collection. (Each pack will still contain a rare.) These cards can be opened again in Darksteel boosters after the January 20 downtime.

Great job dev team!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They had Ground Seal, Tormod's Crypt, Grafdigger's Cage, and Rest in Peace all in the same standard and Reanimator was still the best deck.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mandatory lesbian posted:

ooooh okay, that makes more sense

at least it wasn't like Born of the Gods, where literally like none of the cards were played

actually i might be misremembering, i know there was another set where the pro tour was bad for the new set but it might not have been BOG

Prophet of Kruphix was played in Jund for a little while there.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

this is a pretty huge spoiler, though, i mean it's not like a bunch of random cards, it's the entire run of the incredibly hyped expeditions (and don't you think they'd have gotten serious mileage out of the Wasteland reveal?), the new mechanic, marquee mythic, plus a bunch of other mythics including both walkers.

The entire point of spoiler season is to "prime the pump" of hype just at the right time. People should care the most the week of the pre-release to get people into the store, buying sealed packs, and pre-ordering boxes that week based on hype. You have this release date, you want people to care the most that week. Their entire cycle is based on people buying stuff in that one month time frame of pre-release, release week, Game Day, and Pro Tour. They know that is when they sell the most packs and when suppliers move the most packs and singles. Spoiling all the Mythics, including Planeswalkers (usually the most cared about cards unless you're a super limited guy) and the Expeditions (a collection of must-have or must-see cards) made them shoot their wad one month early. By the time the pre-release comes people are gonna be tired talked about the cool cards they wanted/need for their deck and it lessens player demand for the product. They care about leaks because it ends up costing them money, either through wasted ad buys or less product being purchased on hype.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Zoness posted:

it's still around too:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/magic/draftools/760KjI0g5M/draftviewer.html

my favorite cards are textless chains of mephistopheles and bro // ken fall

This is also telling me that Pale Moon could be reprinted next set.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I didn't use to flick cards, but I started doing it when thinking out of habit. I'll take your regular aggressions about it now please

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yawgmoth posted:

I think they should make a format where the ban list is "literally every card over $10 TCG mid" and see what happens.

UR pauper smashing storm forever

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Niton posted:

Basically Corporate got mad and demanded bans for absolutely anyone in the entire judge network who could have stopped it, regardless of how reasonable stopping it would have been for them.

How could they have stopped it? "please guys, we're gonna get in trouble!" like a little narc?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GeneX posted:

Yup!

I hope this becomes a full-on judge's strike

It better be settled by the time OGW pre-release comes on because otherwise alot of people are gonna be hosed.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GeneX posted:

WotC should hold all events on MTGO for the duration of the suspension, to make the judges completely sidelined

wizards, hire this man at 60% of the market rate

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ramos posted:

Temporarily anyway. I guess that puts over a dozen DCI numbers on my head.

Now try and combine them together. Doing it using the online system they have in place will take months. But if you can somehow talk a human it can be done in days.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

black potus posted:

oh sorry i misremembered, lsv is actually pretty nice and has paid for my lunch multiple times (though not as generous a soul as matt nass)

That's because he eats so many people's lunches on stream he feels bad about it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Molybdenum posted:

Anyone see the stone forge mystic OGW on twitter? Real or fake?

Its the GP promo for 2016.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Balon posted:

Yes, potentially. It's a solid turn 3 play with another spell, and an amazing rip off of an Abbot. Provided you have another spell in hand he gets even better late game as well, but you really want him to be the second-of-three spells in a turn (Surge enabler, him, then a combat trick to win).

T1=Goblin Glory Chaser (of Swiftspear if you don't wanna Vorthos your Gobbos.dek)
T2=Dragon Fodder
T3=Hordeling Outburst
T4=Piledriver+New Bushwacker

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lottery of Babylon posted:

[Put a +1/+1 counter on X target creatures] apparently needs a keyword.

[Put X 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add {1} to your mana pool."] apparently does not.

The original Spawn didn't have a keyword either. They may not want token making to be a keyword.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Support is super flavorful. Its a bunch of lil' wieners getting bigger and knocking the big Eldrazi bullies on the nose.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Did someone just buy out every Teeg in the world? Its trading for 50 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gensuki posted:

Gaddock would be a $40 card, maybe, if he did not say "non creature" but here we are.

Most people don't play expensive non creature spells in any format, especially not the +$20/card ones. All the best threats in modern are either creatures, or 2-3 mana nonsense...

What does Gaddock Hate-out right now in modern? splinter twin proper, and some walkers? Is there a tron deck that uses fireballs for it's kills?

In legacy, most decks either never go over 3 mana, or have easy ways of dealing with a bear.

It was great in GP Pittsburgh when a Bogles player landed it against UW extra turns, shutting down every card in their deck besides mana leak.

• Locked thread