Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

araeris posted:

B&R list update announcement is on Monday. Presumably everything was finalized last week.

Any guesses/predictions, or is it all up in the air at this point?

I don't follow Modern, but my mostly-baseless Standard predictions are:
Saheeli Rai
Scrapheap Scrounger
Walking Ballista

Gotta break up copy cat IMO, and taking out Scrounger and Ballista removes some (mostly) colorless weapons that could warp the format after copy cat is gone.

Felidar Guardian is infinitely more likely to eat it than Saheeli is; which is a shame because the Guardian / Oath of Chandra interaction is legitimately neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Alris posted:

How could anyone take The Lore seriously when the culmination of a six-year story arc revolving around a trio of titanic pan-dimensional eldritch presences, who very literally consume the fabric of reality itself, whose presence warps the laws of time and space, who by all accounts are eternal, immutable, inscrutable and inexorable, were finally taken out by being set on fire?

If the writers had any chops, this would simply come back to bite them in a big way - burning the Eldrazi's physical forms just freed them to the multiverse, or something.

Sadly, it won't :negative:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Lets Pickle posted:

I did a paper MM17 draft today. Opened Bonfire pack 2, got passed Sphinx's Revelation pack three :getin:

Had a Wall of Denial in my goddamn sideboard because the deck was that good.

This is still wrong, Wall of Denial is one of the strongest cards in the format if the goal is to cast anything resembling a control spell.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

for a working image:

Cat Lord!

5 mana for 7 points of power & toughness, two of which stick around through removal. Synergy with Leonin & random Felidar.

Seems good?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is that a control deck win-con, or just too expensive?

It's a 7 mana permanent that lets your opponents choose what they're sacrificing. It's way too slow, unless there's some kind of cute Curse synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Oketra the True
3W
Legendary Creature - God
Double strike, indestructible

Oketra the True cannot attack or block unless you control at least three other creatures.

3W: Create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token with vigilance.

I want to play this in a Lingering Souls deck.

• Locked thread