Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rarely have ego and madness been so delightfully wed as they have in our dear McMagic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Digging through that forum is hell and they'd do well to have a central download page.

Cockatrice can be downloaded from here and is a rules free client that lets you play against other people by to a global server. The main downside is, yeah, you have to manually track life, know rules interactions, etc.

[url=http://xmage.de/]Xmage[/ur] is here, runs in Java, and does have rules checking, so it's pretty much as close as you'll get to MTGO except better. It's also a got a client to global server set up. It's also free and typically what everyone uses in the goon tournaments around here.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

We don't know that for sure yet.

Also, this seems like exactly the kind of mechanic Maro would talk about needing to be in the first set. Didn't he mention something having issues with squashing three sets into two for this?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm surprised no one is making a big deal about waste lands being printed in standard again.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

Is there a MaRo tumblr about Waste Land reprints where he is coy? that would pretty much seal these as real

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

I was sure it was fake because if they were going to make something completely game changing like new mana symbols, they would have put it in the large fall set, not just the small spring set. But the thing Skitterskin is standing on does look like the weird Bismuth thing that the Wastes is portraying, so I don't even know what's going on.

Bismuth is sweet though.

Something, something, bismuth elemental.

I'm just looking for an excuse to post lovely anime art to freak someone out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I'm rereading Kozilek and I'm wondering if that first line of text actually works within the rules of the game.

Shouldn't it be worded "draw until you have seven" or something?

Nah, the wording works.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Why does Mirrorpool "T:♦" specifically if ♦ is just "pay me with colorless!"

Maybe it's pay for any kind of mana of a colorless spell, which would solve devoid issues.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Don't mind me, I misread stuff.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 18, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Niton posted:

This isn't Oath of the Gatewatch, but it's even crazier: Keith Adams, The Misprint Guy, recently acquired of the documentation and playtest cards for a Magic set that never saw print, called Spectral Chaos from their original creator, Barry Reich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaOh-EqNYvE

It's a super interesting watch, and it's crazy to see something like this finally come to light 20 years later.

I'd just like to see to a list of all of the cards. It'd be fun to see what it could have done to change a lot of Magic.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

And they would do this in a small set with a marquee card that costs 8♦♦, make a theme that directly opposes Devoid with a marquee card that does nothing for ingest/process?

Yeah. They would. Even in the original Rise of the Eldrazi, the relationship between Eldrazi and color was kind of schizophrenic to begin with.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

bhsman posted:

So what numpad combination are you guys using to recreate the diamond? :v:

Ctrl + V

That or I could do <>.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Uncharted Realms posted:

"You will lead two land contingents. And by land, I mean, you know, the actual land. The dirt and rock and all that." Gideon mimicked the striding movement of one of Nissa's elementals.

Also, Kiora's a moron.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

I'm wondering if Wastes won't be the only type of ♦ producing basic land since it occupies a common slot instead of the land slot in the booster.

If they want these things to be available in sealed, wouldn't they need to put ♦ lands in 3-4 common slots ?

Well, to pay diamond costs, you probably just need colorless mana. You're more than likely going to be paying for it with Eldrazi Scions.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh yeah, by the way, it looks like the bismuth only really appears from Kozilek spawns. If we get two more waste basics with different art, I can guarantee we'll get a Ulamog chalky one and then whatever the gently caress the iceberg makes.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

lovely fanfic or that one mediocre uncharted realms where lili and jace go on a date, which is it?

Apparently:

I'm sure there's plenty of fan fiction of the two banging it out though if I were to take five minutes to look at fanfiction.net.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Coming soon to you, the new erotic fantasy novel starring your favorite planeswalker: Agents of Orifice.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The standard pairing that's popular now is Ugin/Eldrazi, for some tentacles on dragon one sided board clearing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

On a cooler note, we now have a full spoiler of an unreleased set made by one of Garfield's friends from early in Magic. It's pretty interesting to look over some of the ideas sitting about in it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Perfect land to go infinite, yeah. Didn't some blue card get banned after making it into a commander product due to letting you draw infinitely? (You know, for whatever bans mean in Commander.)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Entropic posted:

lol imagine this in blue-red storm.

There's also a white red one from what I've seen so far. Probably every enemy pairing has it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I would love to see how gatherer would have handled the updated rulings on that card.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

what does chaotic mean in the context of that set

It means extra cool and awesome with an added vulnerability to a white hate card called Holy Water. I'm seriously seeing no upsides aside from the implied cool factor anywhere.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hello, affinity. Also, ha, Spectral Chaos did artifact lands first.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sleep of Bronze posted:

How would you even put that these days?

T: Add one mana of any colour to your mana pool and put a depletion counter on ~. If ~ has a depletion counter on it, instead sacrifice it and add UUUU to your mana pool?

Going by Gemstone Caverns, yeah, you got it more or less right.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Go sleeveless, it saves you money and puts a bunch of people on tilt all the time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh good another Thunderdome. Tell us when you open the thread so I can sign up.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

If I were to take a guess, it just means we ignore the conspiracy cards.

Also, lol, Ruhan's drawback is out the door now, I suppose.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Are we playing on MODO or something like Cockatrice? If it's MODO I'm game.

Most likely Xmage, which is what all the goon leagues tend to use.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

He's also not at all white or blue and basically took up a spot where a far cooler commander could have been.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

Wait, wait, Karakas also taps for WHITE?

Why haven't we banned this yet?!?

Because everyone should one day experience the joy of being able to pay five mana to constantly keep your opponent in a loop every turn to punish greedy hands.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wait, Mangara's a dude?

The more you know, I guess.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

notbrant posted:

Is there a way to have a lobby that makes it work like drafts.in that I'm just not seeing?
Or I can't see it because I'm accessing on a mobile platform?

Look for "More drafts", it's right below the large red bars and above the set selection. And no lobbies, you just do it solo against CPU.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Elyv is right. The reason they changed successfully cast later was because its wording was confusing. Players found it much easier to understand something being cast but not necessarily resolve vs something being successfully cast but not necessarily resolving.

And really, talk about unnecessary baggage in the wording of stuff.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

And then Jace tenderly sat his rear end on the dildo strapped to the his life sized pillow with a picture of Liliana on it before realizing he had spoken four words.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve just got first place in the Standard Thunderdome. Give him some claps for being champ among goons at the worst format.

Now to sit and wait for that command zone tournament.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Part of the charm of old cards is how utterly out of color they often are anyway.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, I'm currently skipping out on Magic due to the prices of standard. Modern also doesn't interest me too much, so I've mostly been playing it online in Xmage doing Legacy or Standard. Plus, standard at the moment has kind of reverted back to "play kill spell, play threat" on a turn to turn basis.

Meanwhile, Anime: the Gathering is pretty cheap and there's a playerbase for that at my store, so eh, got my Magic fix that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

This is a good idea. You haven't lived until you've played a land into a Sol Ring into a signet on turn 1 only to have Dack steal your Sol Ring next turn.

• Locked thread