Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Olothreutes posted:

It's strange, there are only 7 planeswalkers in the format and only two of them are arguably any good. And no Jaces at all.

I'd argue otherwise. Dack's the obviously useful one. Nahiri and Daretti are also going to find their ways into decks most likely since they're value town. Garruk may also be an alternate win condition for elf combo/beatdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Soldier Stompy comes in and just plays a suppression field turn 1 to just end the game entirely. It's moments like that that just make Legacy so lovely.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oblivion Ring in legacy as well. "Yeap, I just brought my casual FNM deck to legacy."

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So what's the cause of the spike in this case?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Punishing Abzan

Some guy just won with a non-blue deck. I know they call it Abzan, but it has a nice mix of white hate bears and the Jund advantage engine.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Actually, it's more Maverick with a touch of punishing fire in there and the ability to sideboard into a lot of hate bears. Life from the Loam is really good.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

the gently caress is this bullshit

Ajani joins up and it becomes Scooby Doo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The color wheel is exactly what the game designers and writers need it to be at any given time.

Here is a white card with a 1BB cost.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Second known black kor in the game.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why's that? I 've not used it before, but it sounds cool. Good excuse for a Pack Rat reprint!

Anything but Pack Rat please. That card is misery.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Last I checked, Time Spiral is also what caused them to put a complexity cap on sets in the first place.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can't wait for Omnath to finally appear and smack the poo poo out of some eldrazi or something because we're just going to be digging an impossible to climb out of hole without that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

gently caress you lady and gently caress your poo poo, I'm going to do it because you pissed me off. (Also because I feel baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

We're just expecting merfolk.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

Make a BG Merfolk lord that taps for G and run CoCo in your Merfolk decks.

You mean UG? Because a golgari merfolk isn't going fit too well into that merfolk deck.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Who would have thought setting up shop and trade in the desert would result in a zombie apocalypse?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jeskai Ascendancy definitely got various hurrahs throughout the competitive scene, it was just never a dominant deck. For cool and powerful rare that never saw play, I think more people would go for Empty the Pits. Everyone was hyping that up.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The yarn ball wig fashion style is IN.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

McMagic, you need to put up some risks if you're taking that bet. Try not to pussy too hard out of this.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

What deck wants Sapphire Charm in its sideboard again?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

You guys are loving bored today, aren't you?

Nah, I got better things to do. Besides, bored is a pretty terrible lay.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I am content with this change. This is all I feel about the matter.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

Hopefully they use this as an excuse to reprint certain expensive lands not on the Reserved List(obviously not in Standard necessarily, but more copies of, say, Wasteland in circulation would be nice).

Wasteland would just be taking the entire table that Modern is delicately set up upon and just flipping it over. Even if they don't develop for Modern, it just isn't going to happen.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

I saw that it was a topical blend and I decided to not read it because I remember the past topical blends being terrible

is that correct

This one sucks as well. Can some brave and patient soul give us a tl;dr?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I mean, if we want to reduce an already post apocalyptic wasteland into absolutely nothing at all, sure!

I'd rather go back when we have people reviving the brothers' old inventions and having a Mad Max knock off with artifact bikes.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

As you cast this spell, no player can cast other spells or activate non-mana abilities until it resolves.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I'd start watching more GPs if they covered them like these Yu-Gi-Oh matches.

Holy hell yes, I'd watch any Magic stream like this to no end.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

whydirt posted:

Honestly no one should play Magic.

This is a good point. Hearthstone is a better game since it doesn't bother with that pesky stack.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hopping Ghost posted:

Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Rosewater of a personal Game Designer quaquaquaqua with colorless mana quaquaquaqua outside time without expansions who from the heights of divine apathia divine athambia divine aphasia makes new set mechanic designs dearly with some exceptions for reasons unknown but time will tell and suffers like the divine Nagel with those who for reasons unknown but time will tell are plunged in Oath of the Gatewatch plunged in ghostfire whose ghostfire flames if that continues and who can doubt it will fire the firmament that is to say blast heaven to hell so colorless still and calm so calm with a calm which even though intermittent is better than nothing but not so Instant-speed and considering what is more that as a result of the color pies left unfinished crowned by the Resesesesearch and Develelelelopment of Wizzy-in-Coasty of Garfield it is established beyond all doubt all other doubt than that which clings to the mana bases of men that as a result of the labours unfinished of Garfield it is established as hereinafter but not so fast for reasons unknown that as a result of the public works of Rosewater it is established beyond all doubt that in view of the labours of Hill and Verhey left unfinished for reasons unknown of Garfield left unfinished it is established what many deny that man in Wizzy of Garfield that man in Renton that man in short that man in brief in spite of the strides of untapping and upkeeping is seen to discard and draw discard and draw and concurrently simultaneously what is more for reasons unknown in spite of the strides of cardboard culture the practice of formats such as standard modern legacy two-headed giant drafting sealed EDH prismatic tiny leaders Momir basic pauper mental magic pack wars of all kinds vintage 100-card singleton formats of all sorts modern season standard season fall sets spring sets supplemental products of all kinds deckboxes of all sorts reserved lists and banlists in a word I resume and concurrently simultaneously for reasons unknown to tap and untap in spite of standard I resume rotisserie draft no-ban modern sealed with six and four packs formats of all sorts in a word for reasons unknown

Can I have my :10bux: now?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

What even happen at Judge Conferences anyway? Besides the free cards.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

In the realm of absolutely loving weird, my friend showed me this recent post on the competitive magic reddit. I don't know, I'm not sure if it's really notable, it's just odd. I'd have a crack at what the encrypted message is, but I'm currently at work.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

NivMizzet posted:

It's not an encrypted message, it's their public PGP key that you would use if you wanted to send them an encrypted message or file. I'm assuming this is someone that's super-paranoid about anything on the internet and wants all emails to be encrypted so that Wizards/the NSA can't spy on them and figure out who's behind this secretive speculation scheme.

Yeah, I realized that after the fact.

The guy isn't claiming this is for money, but ha ha, right. There's even a few links in the comments about earlier messages across the internet involving the same guy trying to pay someone to destroy cards for him. I have to wonder if this guy just lives in a single room with nothing but a computer, a mail slot, and a toilet.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tamiyo? Proper nerd in the nerd color?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tamiyo was busy ignoring the entire main plot line to study the moon.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Isn't it always? :colbert:

No, everything in this thread should be taken literally and at face value. :geno:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It's parasitic in the sense that green is parasitic. If you want to run green creatures in your deck, you need to include lands that produce G.

gently caress you, you can't tell me how I'm going to build my deck, I'm going to run all islands in my mono-green stompy.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

They'll print a new BoP that taps for "mana not of any colour".

When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent may name a color.

T: Add any one mana any color not named by your opponent or {C} to your mana pool.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

God drat, Boreal Druid is so good now. Can't wait for Snow Emrakul.

*Plays Emrakul*

Don't waste your time, there's snow way to win now.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That's a limited game ender for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

im gaye posted:

Creating an EDH deck after a recent burglary left me with hardly anything left.

I've got Derevi, some mana rocks, mana web, winter orb, and some other pieces for control.

What I need is a reliable way to get some critters out and trigger the untaps with Derevi. So far I've got Marshal's Coup but it would toast the Commander/Prophet/Seedborn, etc.

Have you considered Aether Vial? Depending on how much your creatures cost and where they sit in a curve, it could do you a lot of good. Also, if you've got a lot of mana rocks, there's Tezzert the Seeker and Unwinding Clock.

• Locked thread