Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

BFZ was already tied with Kamigawa for how insular it was. They are going for the record with OTG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

(This card is fake.)

This got me thinking that having a real keyword meaning "This card is fake" on real cards would be hilarious.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Mythic rares would probably be a good candidate for that same treatment. Although I maintain that if the symbol for colorless mana in general is being changed to ♦ (as opposed to (1), which means "any kind of mana") there is no need to put reminder text on any individual card, they'd just have to convey that rules change on a wider level.

I can see having a ♦ cost on cards to represent that it must be paid with colorless mana, but why have lands make ♦ when (1) is the same thing?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

stinkles1112 posted:

This seems like strong evidence for them being real

Mods on mtgsalvation have confirmed that they are real.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Inside the threads. A usual source confirmed them. They are in the spoiler also. The dropdown for OTG says 0, but if you actually click on it, the three spoiled cards will be there.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Rinkles posted:

BFZ finally hit Duels today (Steam only).

I love how they decided to make different products for each platform instead of having one backend with differing UIs. It's adorable.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fiend Computer posted:

New card got spoiled today.

Tis the season.

I like that they made a card where the type of sleeve you play can actually matter.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Does anybody else think that Sphinx of the Last Word is bullshit? I mean, at least have it die to languish.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Niton posted:

Presenting the first english spoiler of the Shadows of Innistrad spoiler season:

Gravetusk. I can see it.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Oath Nissa is not impressive at first look, but she costs only costs 3, makes a chump to protect her, and puts counters on things. She is going to be so annoying to play against.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

AgentSythe posted:

it's mystic snake and it's not close

I'm pretty sure you're right. Hard counter with a gently caress you chump blocker for 4.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Pyronic posted:

Has anyone solved the cryptolith puzzle on the prerelease posters yet?

Haven't seen any discussion on reddit or mtgsalv yet, but I guess most stores are just getting theirs in the next couple days.

Is there more to this puzzle or is the entire puzzle four fork things?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm making a deck around that legendary toad no matter how good or bad it is.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Pilots creature type that makes vehicles they crew better! This set is going to be fun.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I have a question about the reminder text on vehicles. It currently reads:

Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 1 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.

But should it be:

Tap any number of untapped creatures you control with total power 1 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.

Is there a change in the rules? I always thought that you could tap an already tapped creature and that's why most costs that involve tapping a creature explicitly say that you must tap an untapped creature.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I predict that the gremlins will have a lovely vehicle that is a wheelbarrow.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

whydirt posted:

Vehicles are basically equipment that set the creature's power, toughness, and abilities to a set level instead of building on the existing creature. It trades the ability to be used on defense with an effective equip cost of 0, assuming you meet the power threshold.

They own.

Yeah. For certain decks, vehicles will kick rear end. Your wimpy utility creatures are now attacking while still hanging back to safeguard their utility.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I just wanted everyone to know that I just lost a game because someone Deflecting Palmed my Deflecting Palm, which I played in response to his other Deflecting Palm, which he played in response to my first Deflecting Palm.

I don't know the exact ruleness of which Deflecting Palm to target, but whatever it was, my opponent got it right.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Deflecting Palm is a source of damage and an ABAB pattern would work out that way.

Targeting the same Deflecting Palm twice would fizzle as damage is already prevented.

This is what I thought and I'm pretty sure what happened. I targeted the latest both times.

Alaan posted:

Should be the last one your opponent played but good loving luck on MTGO.

It did work out that way.

I was mostly posting because I was so surprised to see someone else on MTGO actually playing a fun deck. I think 4 DP in one turn is ridiculous even in casual, but to play against someone playing stupid decks for fun on MTGO is a hard find.

So my original post was half rules question and part "Can you believe".

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 9, 2016

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ShaneB posted:

The stack is extremely clear on magic online. If you targeted something that was lower on the stack I don't know what to tell you.

I didn't. I always targeted the latest. Turns out I did it right, according to the other replies. It was just funny that there were 4 Delecting Palms in one play.

Also, I was wondering if I could have played the stack better, but again the thread tells me that I did all I could have done.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Wizards needs to have a partial foiling process. Those cards would be look awesome with the borders, name box, type box, and power/toughness foiled; but the artwork and text box left alone.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sickening posted:

Its the stores I am worried about, not the customers.

I think it's getting to the point where you have to buy a sealed box or nothing.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Skywhales!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I realize that 7E might be confused as either 7 or 8 energy counters, but couldn't they have just done EEEEEEE(7)?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I like it because opponent selective discard needs to be worse. An opening hand is a pretty fragile thing, and getting Inquisition of Kozileked or Thoughtseized on turn one just isn't good for the game.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Retromancer posted:

Man, watching the top 8 of SCG Orlando made me wish for Modern to die and be replaced by holo-extended already.

i mostly agree with this except I'd like them to exclude the Khans block, and start with Origins instead because I hate fetchlands.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Alaan posted:

Nope. Next Friday.

Also.

Was my pool ok???

Never had need or want for a playmat until this post.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Retromancer posted:

A guy I played against yesterday had this as his playmat.

Not NSFW, but terrible taste.

It felt extra good to 2-0 this guy hard, and he tilted super hard too. It was delicious. Then I made him shake my hand.

If he knew it was awkward then that guy is awesome. If he actually thought it was sexy, then that's a different story.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

mcmagic serves a useful purpose because every time I actually consider going to my local game store, I read his posts and remind myself that I would be spending my Friday night in a room containing at least two of him.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm a man who can find the good in, and sometimes actually like, DesolatorMagic.

And I hate Alpha Investments.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

quote:

Dreams of delivering deep gameplay experiences in Magic worlds and fiction on diverse gaming platforms and genres.

This sounds like a something from an email from a Nigerian prince.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hellsau posted:

I read this, closed the tab, and then thought, 'why did I close that? I didn't even read all of it.' I opened the link again and no, I read all of it, there just wasn't much of anything there.

Thank you kindly for your reading of magic digital next. We hope our ambitions will soar to the newest heights.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ersatz posted:

So, I'm getting back into Magic after a 10 year hiatus. What were they thinking when they stopped printing core sets? Standard without them seems kind of bizarre.

Don't get used to anything they do or don't do. They change everything every other year. There is no consistency anymore.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I still hate that they got rid of the pre-constructed decks after Eventide. I used to be able to get people into the game by giving someone a 60 card deck to play with right out of the box. A nice, compact, ready to play set of 60 cards that were all form the same set and came in a deck box.

Then they made the precons into 40 card decks that had boosters come with them. They didn't even have a box. They just give you some loose cards. How is that supposed to be a good early purchase for a new hobby?

They wanted to give you less than a real deck to teach you to buy boosters, but the product was so lovely that it would make a new player not care enough to continue. And why is including a booster a good thing anyway? They think exposing a new player to the experience of opening a 25 cent rare before they even know if they like the game is a good idea?

I don't even know what the current iteration of the precon is now, but I'm sure it's nonsensical.

Such a great game. Such a bad company behind it.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ManMythLegend posted:

This guy looks rad as hell.

Too bad he will probably be some garbage mythic.

I'm getting a sacrifice an artifact get a power increase vibe.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I just logged onto MTGO for the first time in months. Is there a reason I can't find Kaladesh/Aether drafts? I see plenty of SOI drafts still.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

odiv posted:

It's leagues now.

Chat told me that.

Is it really leagues with no queue? I can only play a scheduled match?

Also, thanks for answering. I trust their help only far enough to confirm that something can't happen, but not how to actually play a game the way I want to.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, it's way better now, no waiting for rounds

I'm being very serious when I ask if this is sarcasm. I only see options to play on 1/25/2017, which is in the past. Or I can spend $30 to play a tournament.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jabor posted:

Leagues are not dailies, you start drafting as soon as 8 people show up and then you do the deckbuilding and games whenever you want instead of having to block out three hours at once. Make sure you're clicking the right tab in the play screen.

Ok. Starting to make sense. Thanks to all of you who answered me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Soul Glo posted:

You aren't looking at the right filter

My filter options are:
Planewalkers Just Starting Out
Standard Just For Fun
Commander Just For Fun Free For All
Standard Tournament Practice

None of these meet my requirement of paying event tickets and playing a draft.

• Locked thread