Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

clamiam45 posted:

They're removing booster pack prizes from constructed events. So I'm guessing it will drastically reduce booster pack supply and drive price all the way up to $4.

It'll be interesting to see see what happens to the price. When it costs 12 tickets to draft, why buy a draft set for more than 10? Quick look at Goatbots puts a draft set at just under 9.

If it goes up that high then instead of buying one pack to get you back up to a set you can just sell your two packs and buy in with tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PJOmega posted:

IIRC they literally cannot because the MODO ban list is entirely informed by Gatherer's content.

No, I'm pretty sure whenever there is an unbanning they need to delete all instance of the card and recreate it from scratch.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Was just at my LGS and he's got 28 boxes. It's a town of 18k. We have no modern scene and are lucky to get 8 for fnm draft. Owner says he had no trouble getting stock and could have ordered more.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

God dammit. About to start fnm. Modern Masters is "too expensive", so we're drafting AER instead. :|

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Used 3rd place credit from AER draft towards a pack of MM2017. Got a Scalding Tarn! Now I just need the other 4 and I'll have all fetches for my cube.

Would have loved to draft the set. Doubt I will get to, live. :(

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I thought you opened your own packs these days because they were tired of people dropping after opening $$$.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sickening posted:

So WOTC website change went into today as far as DCI goes.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/keep-your-dciwizards-account-date-2017-03-21

I will be surprised if something doesn't gently caress up.
Almost no one at the LGS I go to will have done anything or even knows their DCI #. I wonder how much of a mess FNM will be this week. Are they going to just create new accounts for everyone or?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Step 2: ????

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Because they had a bunch they couldn't move?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Look, you try going into the database and changing the pauper legality of every single card that's shifted down to common. There are tens of thousands in there!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Really, value ETB creatures + Blink would be a good deck. Don't pass Mistmeadow Witch if you can play it.
Esper blink is crazy good, yeah. I'll be drafting that as long as people let me.

Probably helped that I was lucky enough to open an Evil Twin.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

TheMaestroso posted:

Also, there's an important distinction between a trigger on "deals damage" and "deals combat damage."
And between opponent and player. :eng101:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Also the frame really clashes with the art for me (more so than just obstructing it). Their realistic art style really doesn't work well with these.
This is what's bothering me the most right now.

There's probably a way to do fake ancient egypt that's doesn't make me grit my teeth, but it doesn't look like this.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe I'm just too tolerant, but I didn't find NotW to be bad enough to stop reading. Wasn't good enough for me to pick up the next one but I've certainly read much worse.

Wait, what thread us this?

Uh, so I'm not usually one for catastrophizing, but if this is a sign of things to come, should I cash out of mtg? :can:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Why is embalm sorcery speed? Is it just the old don't want feelbads for getting got with "onboard" abilities?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I don't buy it. If it were only ever limited players that cracked packs then singles prices would be a lot higher. Crack those packs, everyone!

Then trade your poo poo to me.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Chill la Chill posted:

Imagine the standard with stale board states that resulted from nobody wanting to attack since each side had a graveyard full of instant speed flashback creatures ready to ambush attackers. Imagine the constant graveyard searching as every deck played like living end. :allears:
Okay fair, but who plays standard anyway? :P

I was thinking it would make limited more interesting and wouldn't get too crazy, but you're right that if they turn out to be constructed playable it could get annoying pretty quickly.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

How can anyone look at this and not read Hazoret the Pervert?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I only have the Kamigawa one and it's basically not in my cube for that reason. (trying to keep my cube relatively newb friendly)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

C-Euro posted:

This was my thought as well. There's a way to really abuse these but I'm not smart enough to figure it out right now.
Well the easy one is that you can use the mana ramp creature's counters up, then replenish it and get a 4/4 out for 2 mana. Not really abuse, but pretty good.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/MelissaDeTora/status/849700638720106496

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I miss my T1 mana dork. :(

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

twice per untap
The sky is the limit in EDH!

... not that I play it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/849766602912432128

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is it at all relevant that Failure works on uncounterable spells while Remand does not?

edit:

Oh hey, with choose a cardname, how does that work with these split/aftermath cards? I'm sure there's already rules about it since they've existed for a while.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Not too many people running Boseiju then? :D

I have no idea what the meta's like, thanks for the info.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

DangerDongs posted:

The card that should belong in G/B snakes actually just hoses it, because Constrictor says only creatures you control.
There are those creatures that benefit from having the -1/-1 counters on them right? At least the mana dork anyway. That looks like part of the intent.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

edit: I'm dumb.

(this forums comment is evergreen)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You can't block with Kefnet, then play a spell and fall under 7 cards to remove the god from combat and prevent any damage to it iirc.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I only ever hear two things about SCG Premium:

1) Complaints about it being a rip off
2) Requests for the contents

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I guess 1 damage to target creature or player would've been too much to ask.

(and IRC is kind of like the cockroach of the Internet. It just won't loving die.)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I really like how Nissa's +2 and 0 work together.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Harsh Mentor is pretty good vs Splinter Twin. :v:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So if I cycle to draw a card, it's a Sorcery and I cast it, I can get it back from the graveyard with this card right?

:v:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Does that land do anything fun with Bring to Light? Or any other converge?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

This is exactly what i want to be doing in limited.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

little munchkin posted:

makes it cost one more?
Whee!

Where's my Jump//Conclusions?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Glorious End is basically a red Fog with upside.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

T1: 4x Ornithopter
T2: Cryptolith Rite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Tortilla Maker posted:

Is "Standard" the old Type II?
Yep

Tortilla Maker posted:

Why did they do away with Mana Burn?
Didn't matter 99% of the time, when it did it was mostly just a dumb gotcha for new players.

Tortilla Maker posted:

Aside from new creature abilities, what major game mechanics have been introduced, modified, or eliminated since 2002-ish?
Planeswalkers are new, combat damage doesn't use the stack anymore, Legend rule is changed so each player can have one legendary and if you wind up with two you choose which gets sacrificed.

• Locked thread