Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueCCffiBkY I love you Snacksmaniac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I tweeted Saffron saying if he makes a Tibbers deck it better have Hidetsugu's Second Rite in it

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ORAT comes out of his 3 byes to be defeated on Affinity by WHITE BLUE HATE BEARS featuring heavy hitters like Meddling Mage and Judge's Familiar.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Chill la Chill posted:

Looking forward to some angry tweets from the ~pros~ about how modern is bad. *continues playing a format they hate*
ahaha http://twitter.com/OwenTweetenwald/status/668201079981678592

Orat posted:

(Vicki) Owen is 5-1 at #gppitt and when reached for a comment about the state of the Modern format he said "it's stupid."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Andrew Cuneo looks like Dave Meltzer

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I hate seeing Amulet Bloom on the stream. I hate it with my life.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
UB Faeries is 11-0

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Maybe Blood Dragon is Skred? That's a deck that generally will have Stormbreath Dragon and Blood Moon. I also see one copy of "White Blue Aggro" which I bet is the Hatebears deck that beat Owen on stream yesterday.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The "local best teen in the shop" I always talk just finished 8th in the Swiss at the GP. My record against him is 3-10-1. He's on UR Twin.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
congrat's too splinter twib

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Today's Saffron Olive video is either trolling or he's getting to Kevin Crimin levels of not reading the cards or even attempting to pronounce them correctly. Match 2 in the Emeria deck video features "Sky Husser" vs. "Sierra Ascendant."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
maybe he needs to stop bullying the judges

in rap form

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
lmao

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Apparently at some point recently Wizards instituted some auto-filter for swears in the MTGO chat but it also carries over to the game log. And the list of words they censor is weird. So now "The Rack" is "The ****" and Chief of the Edge of all things is "***** of the Edge."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Frank Lepore's got videos of the BR Eldrazi deck in Modern today and it's just a super sweet deck.

When you are Tron and they take your Ghost Quarter from exile with their Oblivion Sower and use it to break up your Tron, that's being hoisted by your own petard.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Night Danger Moose posted:

Trying to play Magic Puzzle Quest, finished Nissas tutorial and it tells me to go to the vault for my free booster. But the only ones there, I have to pay for. I can't go anywhere else in the game until I claim my free pack, which isn't there or isn't free. Anyone else have this problem?
I assume it just means it gave you the points to buy whatever one you're supposed to buy. Just pay for it, you get enough points for a booster after each story battle you win.

Also, I have put all my points into leveling up Chandra rather than buying packs and the game is very easy because she gets "deal 2 damage to a creature" activated ability allowing you to remove most creatures without spending a card. And it levels up later to 3 damage.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
That WR creature land is 2/1 double strike. The dual lands are ETB tapped with no upside or gate typing, and they are uncommons.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Google Translate's photo thing says the Russian rare land is "Tap, pay 1 life: add 1 mana of any color, use only to cast Devoid spells" or I guess it's probably "colorless"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
lol http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/why-leaks-hurt-2015-12-16

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Melissa DeTora's back on TCG Player today, which I guess means she and Frank moved to Seattle so she could work for Wizards for just a year.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=13014

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
LSV's stream, Cube:
Opening hand all artifacts including Metalworker, Staff of Domination, and Mishra's Workshop
Turn 1, play Workshop, tap, turn passed due to F8 bug
Turn 2, play Metalworker, opponent taps out to play Baleful Strix
Turn 3, play Staff, go off with infinite mana, play Sundering Titan, blow up opponent's lands, draw a bunch of cards, play a few more spells like Inkwell Leviathan, play Mindslaver, activate Mindslaver

In response, opponent cast Brain Freeze off of mana floated when Sundering Titan came down and won. LSV figuring out how to file for reimbursement because he should have won on turn 2.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
"What is the virtue of a proportional response?"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Mr. Jive posted:

Saffron Olive articles keep pulling me back in. I hate that guy.
I love him but today in his cube video he kept drawing and playing "Kozileak" and driving me insane once again

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The best was yesterday at the Modern IQ this guy (who I hate and will continue to hate) was using "the most recent Star City Invitational token is a Germ" as evidence to whoever was sitting near him

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

AgentSythe posted:

which guy

is it the guy that plays affinity and whines when people don't let him just go off?
his name is Chris O. and he's loud and obnoxious and he plays Infect and he has a Squirrel playmat with like 10 IQ Top 8 pins shoved into it like that's a particularly impressive accomplishment when Curio alone runs 3 IQs a month

Voyager I posted:

Is there any train of logic to that whatsoever or is he just an idiot?
The player that determines the Invitational token is the person that wins the Invitational, nobody else. So he's just really stupid.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
When LSV was playing in the Modern MOCS he came up against Nathan Holliday playing the Eldrazi deck and he was making fun of him (and Sam Pardee who said in the chat that he convinced Nathan to play it) and then ended up losing to it.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
gimme my cyber bucks http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=13033

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Papa Luis

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Owen already suggested ORAT, Thassa, and Batterskull as potential names.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The best part about looking through the sale stuff on Star City is how insane their inventory is of some stuff. Like, yeah, you guys have 49 foil Ghostly Prisons, where did they come from?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Still enjoying the guy at last weekend's IQ that was mad I was playing the two-card combination of Leonin Arbiter and Ghost Quarter when he was playing Splinter Twin

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Cactrot posted:

No Aven Mindcensor? Scrub :smug:
4 Arbiter 1 Mindcensor

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Mezzanon posted:

I was at a pre-tq and my opponent on TarmoTwin let me resolve a T2 suppression field without cracking his fetch in response. The next two turns he just played two more fetches and frowned. Best game 3 ever.
Yeah the one game I won against Jund in the match was at least 50% from him putting a fetch directly into his graveyard on turn 2 after I dropped Arbiter, me going UHH and him going "oh, yeah I should have played that differently."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

AlternateNu posted:

For those who haven't watched it, LSV's latest Cube draft is hilarious. He loses round 1 in 11 minutes. :v:
I can at least understand why he posted it after watching

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Jenny Angel posted:

Yeah - white with a blue brim?

Hey rabidsquid or anyone else who likes Pauper, is this thing a good deck, because it kinda does everything I like in Magic and I'm considering buying it and trying to get into Pauper.
I don't know anything about Pauper but it has 14 recent finishes including multiple League 5-0s so I'd say it's good enough to be worth the $24 price tag.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
B&R update is on Monday, January 18

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
No Eldrazi decks in the top 32 at the Charlotte Open http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/3676_top_32_modern_open_decklists.html

EDIT: Also Harlan Firer was wearing a "let Zach play" shirt at the IQ I was at two weeks ago, so gently caress that guy forever

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Chill la Chill posted:

My LGS just put up an announcement that due to the WOTC policy, they are no longer allowing proxies for their monthly legacy "duel for the duals" event. I won't be surprised to see a 20-40 person event trickle down to 6-8 people in 2 months when they cancel it for being unprofitable.
Is this Victory? That's pretty lame because the premise of that event was "give people a chance to win their way into a Legacy deck if they don't already have one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Oath of the Gatewatch Release Notes

quote:

Wastes is legal only in formats that include Oath of the Gatewatch. Specifically, unless it’s reprinted in a future set, it will rotate out of Standard at the same time as the rest of the set.

• Locked thread