Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I guess the aftermath naming convention is X to Y rather than X and Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Count Bleck posted:

You, you bother me.

Specifically, your token.

How does this work if he's your EDH commander?

Like, if you exile it from your graveyard, can you choose to put him in your command zone?

Yes. However, note that the token does not deal commander damage

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

C-Euro posted:

Is the translation off, or does it get around countermagic? It only talks about being cast, it doesn't sound like it needs to resolve to actually do anything. You get the "put back in library" on casting.

It doesn't say "when you cast ~" so it's on resolution. The "win the game" condition doesn't care if the previous cast resolved though

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

C-Euro posted:

I'm reading both potential effects of the card (win/gain life) as checking only to see if the spell is cast, not resolution. I feel like the way this card should read is:
If Approach of the Second Sun was cast from your hand and you already cast another spell named Approach of the Second Sun in this game, you win the game.
Put Approach of the Second Sun in its owner's library seven cards from the top and you gain 7 life.

So in this case, the lifegain clause is now independent of the casting check, and just happens as part of the spell resolving. Unless they worded it this way to avoid having a player win the game in the middle of casting a spell. Which is why I was wondering if the translation was off, the wording on the English version might make this cast vs. resolve check more explicit.

Triggered abilities always start with when, whenever or at. This starts with "if" (si). It's not a cast trigger.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
The Desert subtype will probably be relevant. You can cycle the green creature to break up the Saheeli combo

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

mcmagic posted:

Why does a 5/5 beater need death touch? What is this losing in combat to?

He's a giant snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

you might not care but others do

• Locked thread