Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

ShaneB posted:

On the stupid subject of beginning of combat step: When the AP says "combat?" or some derivative of, it is passing priority until the NAP gets priority in the beginning of the combat step, correct? So the NAP is fine saying "sure." immediately followed with "I path your dude [presumably done before attackers are declared because perhaps said dude had an attacking trigger or something]." And this is entirely appropriate rule following, correct, and the AP has left the main phase?

Saying "sure" could be seen as passing priority but I think if it's like, "sure, Path your guy" that's fine.

ShaneB posted:

ANOTHER beginning of combat question: AP has Surrak, the Hunt Caller on the board. AP says "combat?" If NAP does not want Surrak's ability to trigger, would NAP have to specify "Not yet. At the end of your main phase before beginning of combat step I cast [instant speed removal spell] on Surrak"? Or by NOT AGREEING to the request for "combat?" what is the NAP saying? What is the most correct way for NAP to remove Surrak without giving the AP priority back in the main phase to cast sorcery speed spells?

There's no way to do what you want to do. If you want Surrak not to trigger you have to kill him in the main phase which means they get to do things again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheMaestroso posted:

A cool thing I've noticed playing MM3 online is that anything that is able to sac itself to its own ability has an extra dialogue ask if you want to do that for sure. Probably to prevent issues like the one you described.

It does now. It didn't until very recently.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Hellsau posted:

WotC believes their customers are too stupid to make the connection between cycling and effects that care about discarding, and too arrogant to read reminder text.

Have you read this thread, never mind played actual paper Magic, or god forbid a prerelease? They're 100% correct.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I got a playset for $4 yesterday because I actually play company and I knew this poo poo would happen. Wonder if it'll even be a decent variant on regular company.

You have to play 3 bad cards (Druid, not-Melira, and the god) compared to 2 (Melira and Viscera Seer) in normal Company and you don't get the upside of being able to stack your deck so you also need to have a Chord or the god in hand.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

A land is Animated by Nissa, Vital Force. On my turn I play Dungeon Geist on the land. Geists effect will keep it locked down, despite it no longer being a creature, correct? Doesn't that seem weird?

Yes and no. Even weirder, if you steal a manland with Vedalken Shackles, you keep it as long as Shackles stays tapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

The first FNM tournament I played I got Splinter Twinned out.

That poo poo rolls downhill from the top tables, and there are probably people that pay enough attention at your store and are willing to buy 4 Saheeli.

My second sealed event (MMA) I got Splinter Twinned out. I had 1 good card in my entire pool with literal 0 fixing so that really helped me with my decision 7to say screw it and go home. Getting my Oona legend ruled away and having my opponent play a 2nd Oona next turn was the last straw.

Hellsau posted:

Obviously they can't have Reflector Mage and Cat Combo legal at the same time though. Ban Cat, unban the other 3 sounds fine to me. Or gently caress it unban everything and let the cat combo take over and then ban standard and make everyone play Pauper for a season.

So now instead of playing a format where you play an aggro deck or a combo deck or you just lose, people will... play a format where you play an aggro deck or a combo deck or you just lose except there's no combo deck!

Snacksmaniac posted:

I would love to play vial smasher in legacy.
FoW your spell, take five?

I played against something really close to this in paper before. The deck can't beat a Karakas ever.

• Locked thread