Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
R. Channing Garfield in Magic Mike 3: This Time He's a Wizard

alternate joke by my wife: put his face on Big Dick Rick

Only registered members can see post attachments!

black potus fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
this is some comedic routine where the subtle joke is that hearthstone won't somehow have drained magic of its lifeblood in five years right

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
The Artist Formerly Known As {1}

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Serious post by black potus time.

Spoilers sincerely ruin my enjoyment of the new set. Much like a good book, the anticipation of seeing a cool mythic for the first time when I rip open a pack and the rush of reading about how my opponents can't even (lol, I really enjoy this joke, probably one of my faves in magic) or whatever crazy rear end ability they stick on a red enchantment this time heightens my enjoyment of the game. Having that spoiled for me just takes the fun out of Magic. Leaks are even worse. At least when WOTC does it it's part of a coordinated effort to show me some sweet rear end mechanics, even if I'd rather learn about these cards along with the sweet smell of a freshly cracked pack. When some layabout leaks this poo poo I just don't even care about this game anymore. I honestly don't even want to open an Oath of the Gatewatch pack now that I know what will be in it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
diamond mana has been in the title of fyad for weeks

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

it's really a bitch thing to do

what did you post originally i'm dying to know

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
HAN SHOuld have puT diamond mana in the FIRST set

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Dungeon Ecology posted:

can we just please keep our nerd anger directed at collectible card games and not other forms of nerd media tia

One time I was playing the star wars CCG and you guessed it, Han dies in the new Star Wars movie.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
it seems likely that it would not behoove

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
personally i'm a very large fan of how this started with magic's poisonous business model and quickly degenerated into people who move their cards in their hand. truly equally grave dangers facing this game.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
kid: mom i'm still really angry about what people do with their hands and cards in play in the game magic the gathering
mom: finally i'm convinced that the bleach enemas aren't working

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

kizudarake posted:

My store's pretty nice, and not shark-y, so gently caress you, got mine, card flicking bugs me because I'm ADD and easily distracted.

i recommend medication as a treatment for ADD over complaining about people on the internet. and yes, I'm a Doctor.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i will be surprised if within the next 5 or so years digital TCGs haven't edged magic and other paper tcgs out significantly. magic may still be being produced, i wouldn't toxx on it dying or anything, but i doubt it will have much clout beyond being the first. even paper LCGs just incur a bunch of distribution issues as the card pool grows that a digital game can neatly avoid. even abolishing the reserve list is prob not enough, i feel like wotc would need to uproot their entire business model (loving a ton of stores over in the process i'm sure) to stay competitive.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Ugh I can't believe anyone cares about card flicking! However, I can assure you it's much more sensible to care about whether they care about card flicking, and furthermore,

whiny anal nerds are a much greater blight upon my bumper crop of sweet plays than dudes doing stuff w/ their cards. sad but true...

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
sadly they are everywhere, my life is an Egypt upon which an angry god has unleashed this plague

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

alansmithee posted:

I think one of the things magic will have is the collectible nature. It's not just the game aspect, you get to capitalize on the same drives that collectible markets take advantage of. On top of which you have the ability to get something back for your investment if you choose to cash out vs. just being stuck.

Like I've personally gotten in and out of playing like 3-4 times and although I've not gotten back what I've put in, I've been able to get something. Whereas if I decide to quit playing Hearthstone or w/e, that's pretty much just gone (although the startup costs are generally less, unless you're trying to get all the chase cards where you're resorting to just cracking packs).

collectability fucks you up though bc now there's a ton of businesses dependent on cards having certain availability and pricing which means you can't just release poo poo to demand. like stores depend on the fact that not everyone can get a gideon on the cheap. this is why wotc had to do the stunted modern masters print run that just inflated goyf prices, because increasing goyf availability to meet demand will screw a lot of people up.

hearthstone etc. doesn't have this problem. they can release infinity packs. the supply of product scales with demand and blizzard can tweak the numbers on various rarities to keep people invested and spending time and money on their product. they don't have to prop up a secondary economy because they have absolute control over it. being able to grind into what you want is also a huge blessing bc if someone is like "i can't afford X card out of pocket" then they just have to spend time on the game, generating content for blizzard for free.

i think hearthstone is a pretty crap game compared to magic, but it's a significantly better product and i have a hard time believing that will never affect how magic does in the market.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
start w/ a fair amount of words on wasteland, link article on top, give up trying to argue for anything after that.

i can do this give me a column CFB

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm mad with power and maked a format: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756523

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i promise that neither star wars, harry potter, swap.avi, nor any other goon darlings have been spoiled in that thread

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
incorrect my friend, colorless mana is now diamonds.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've seen tokens like that online but are they sold anywhere and/or is there some company that will print them in foil for some non massive quantity

try calling the printer to see if you can get a limited amount, when they hear the hotline bling that can only mean one thing

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
there's no skill in it *misses on first cast, names something dumb on flashback*

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
whats the skill tester that puts therapy to shame someone please tell me

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
*spray paints "who judges the judges" on a wall, the panel frame cuts out part of it though*

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
seems like a good time to remind everyone that you should play unreserved instead of wotc nonsense: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756523

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
the mind that played thought scour to enable gurmag angler

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'd never trust a judge who did something as heinous as not tell wotc abt leaked cards...smdh...

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." -Helene Bergeot, Maro 5:17

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Delif's Timecube

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i got turkish food w/ lsv this week incl some delish coffee and i can confirm he is a smug rear end mother fucker

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
the lamb shank was very good though, and not smug

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oh sorry i misremembered, lsv is actually pretty nice and has paid for my lunch multiple times (though not as generous a soul as matt nass)

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
few if any cubes are any good to play

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
design never fails it is only failed

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
itll pop when #mtgfinance starts to choke out the playerbase and lose wotc money

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
p sure sfm has done better

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Sickening posted:

I am going to call mediocre content unfunny, please pay attention to how edgy i am.

me too *points to this post*

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
jerkboard city is a cool joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i don't know why this thread has to go back and forth about combo or unfair decks or interactivity ad nauseum but it's incredibly boring and unfunny. we get it, you don't like combo decks or anything besides bland midrange and *ad nauseum kills me*

• Locked thread