Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

A lot of true things were said in italics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Gaming press are going to eat that poo poo up.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Every day I get down on my knees and thank god for having access to this kind of comedy, and it just keeps coming.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sex Robot posted:

Gaming press are going to eat that poo poo up.

Are you strapped in for another "please, Payday community, stop emailing me" video?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I just remembered... maybe a year or so ago, the thread was musing about how the Payday 2 community was so bad and entitled and how other game communities would have done anything for as much support as Payday 2 got.

:allears:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Magnetic North posted:

I just remembered... maybe a year or so ago, the thread was musing about how the Payday 2 community was so bad and entitled and how other game communities would have done anything for as much support as Payday 2 got.

I'd still fully agree with that position, at least if the size of Overkill as a company were taken into consideration.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I have to say I'm kind of jealous of the mask the console players are getting

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Magnetic North posted:

Both of those statements are still entirely true.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

Holy poo poo, that's an awesome mask. :perfect:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wintermutant posted:

Link to this video please and thank you. I play on ps4/xbone and wanna see this.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Wintermutant posted:

While the render is gorgeous, I suspect that it's not going to look nearly so nice in-game. We don't have anything that approaches that visual fidelity at the moment.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fibby Boy posted:

Link to this video please and thank you. I play on ps4/xbone and wanna see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koS7Vvw2Y8
Wanna put that cat whisker pattern on this mask

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koS7Vvw2Y8
Wanna put that cat whisker pattern on this mask

Gonna wear that mask and put the kisses pattern on it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85928399508949511

how long until some reddit jerkoff edits that "we're sorry" BP part of south park, but puts Almir's face on it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
News flash!
Highlights:
  • Conference call bullshit
  • Console update bullshit
  • Get ready for StatTrak guns!
  • B-Sides update by the 10th of December
  • VO update next year
  • 8 Overkill devs sent to Steam Forums purgatory
  • Modders who aren't Wilko are getting face-to-face meetings

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 21, 2015

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
I read that initially as "StarTrek guns" and am now very disappointed.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

This is basically the type of stuff that they needed to do to start to win people back. I hope they stick to it.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqatJPvOfk

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Overcuck posted:

We've done a lot of things right in the past, but these past few weeks we screwed up.

Overcuck posted:

but these past few weeks we screwed up.

Overcuck posted:

we screwed up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The comments are, of course, hilarious. More reasonable people than I anticipated - both ones who appreciate what Overkill is doing here and ones who don't - but of course a whole lot of salty tears from people with the maturity of a small child.

a whole lot.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Somehow I glossed completely over the DREAMHACK WINTER PAYDAY 2 TOURNAMENT proof-of-concept in which we'll apparently see Overkill try and shoehorn Slaughterhouse into a competitive event.

WE ESPORTS NOW

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

News flash!
Highlights:

God drat it overkill!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Somehow I glossed completely over the DREAMHACK WINTER PAYDAY 2 TOURNAMENT proof-of-concept in which we'll apparently see Overkill try and shoehorn Slaughterhouse into a competitive event.

WE ESPORTS NOW

gotta get that 250k prize pool promise out of the way. Slaughterhouse is an interesting choice for it, in the sense of I don't understand in the slightest why they're picking it over any other map. I'm actually curious to see how they're going to make this a competition.

From the way it's written it seems like you complete the heist and get points, highest team score wins, but ... we'll see?

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

quote:

Regarding stat boosts, Ashley and Jones suggested that we introduce something similar to StatTrak as part of future safes, a feature used in CS:GO in their cases. This is something we've been thinking about as well, and something that we will discuss going forward. I must stress however that we cannot currently make any promises but these are things we will be discussing as we move forward.

...So basically you're not saying "we're going to remove stat boosts" you're saying "now you can get stat and xp boosts, AND they track how many cops you kill!"

...Overkill I don't even. They just keep digging themselves a hole.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

But according to the FBI Files they already track how many cops we kill, so I don't get why this would be an issue.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Psion posted:

gotta get that 250k prize pool promise out of the way. Slaughterhouse is an interesting choice for it, in the sense of I don't understand in the slightest why they're picking it over any other map. I'm actually curious to see how they're going to make this a competition.

From the way it's written it seems like you complete the heist and get points, highest team score wins, but ... we'll see?

Payday 2 is the least competitive game I've played in a while; I have no idea how they expect to run any sort of real money tournament with no meaningful anti-cheat.

Jetamo posted:

...Overkill I don't even. They just keep digging themselves a hole.
Yeah, it's a real Money Pit. Why would they stop now?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i would imagine the easiest maps to make competitive would be cook off or white xmas

i guess you could go for time on dw slaughterhouse but still odd choice

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If they really want to make it a viable e-sport just have each competitive player host public seshes of Lab Rats on Overkill or DW until completion. Fastest time or whichever player doesn't commit suicide live over Twitch wins.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wales Grey posted:

Payday 2 is the least competitive game I've played in a while; I have no idea how they expect to run any sort of real money tournament with no meaningful anti-cheat.

White Xmas was run by only accepting FRAPS recordings of full completions, which worked reasonably well. Most cheats are pretty obvious, even one of the overall winners used a glitch to bug the cop patching but it was eventually accepted.

The larger issue was he rules, Overkill did an atrocious job of articulating the criteria behind winning. They implied that it was gonna be most entertaining or something, and then just defaulted to most bags, which was never articulated at any point.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

BillmasterCozb posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/85928399508949511

how long until some reddit jerkoff edits that "we're sorry" BP part of south park, but puts Almir's face on it

someone already did that on reddit right after the moderator interview happened

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Grapplejack posted:

God drat it overkill!

Overkill basically have never talked to me at all, since I don't complain about anything they do on the forums, so this is no surprise. I have a little story about how a modding meeting with Almir and the Last Bullet guys went though if anybody wants to hear it

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Dr Cheeto posted:

What's Overkill got against Wilko? Sure, Goonmod's Weapon Customization blows the new skins out of the water and there's a bunch of other functionality they probably don't want to acknowledge, but the BLT hook forms the basis of practically every other mod now.

Wilko posted:

Overkill basically have never talked to me at all, since I don't complain about anything they do on the forums, so this is no surprise. I have a little story about how a modding meeting with Almir and the Last Bullet guys went though if anybody wants to hear it

You should already know the answer to that one. :allears:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The answer is: Why haven't you already done so?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wilko posted:

I'm so down for storytime right now :justpost:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Wales Grey posted:

I read that initially as "StarTrek guns" and am now very disappointed.

Me too, buddy, me too. :smith: :hf: :smith:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

The larger issue was he rules, Overkill did an atrocious job of articulating the criteria behind winning. They implied that it was gonna be most entertaining or something, and then just defaulted to most bags, which was never articulated at any point.

please don't remind me. :mad:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, I suspect that Overkill not talking with Wilko is that they trust him to not be a giant piece of poo poo and thus they don't need to gently caress with him.

Definitely all in on some storytime, though, yes.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Alright, so back when MGS5 launched in September, there was a meeting with Almir about implementing lua modding into Payday 2 proper, without using the BLT or the other lua hook. The Last Bullet guys mentioned in the announcement, iamnotaspy (the guy who does the bundle modder), Ashley, and myself were all supposed to be the meeting. Except because of the time, a few people couldn't make it, or were doing it at work, or hadn't checked that their microphones weren't just emitting high pitched screeching. Almir was also just listening, since he was doing it on the train not at work or home.
Almir asked beforehand for people to bring notes and ideas on how to implement mods into the game proper, what to do, what to avoid, and how to get rid of the whole "everything lua is cheating" poo poo on the Steam forums. The Last Bullet guys came in with zero notes, nothing. And so couldn't say anything concrete on ideas they had.
So the meeting gets called off and rescheduled for another time, with keeps getting pushed back and pushed back. So the modders had a small meeting between ourselves so that the next one with Overkill isn't a complete disaster. And I disagreed with nearly everything that was said, since they were ideas that would do the exact opposite of making lua mods accepted into the community more, but kept the conversation moving along with suggestions and compromises like you do in a meeting. One of their suggestions was having modded players and unmodded players being separated into two player pools with no cross-over.
And this annoyed Tatsuto a lot, who already didn't like me since I set up the BLT and PaydayMods site as it own thing instead and "split the community", instead of doing in on LastBullets site and joining them. So I didn't get invited to any more meetings with them. And so they went on and had their little chats with Overkill which has wound up with them visiting next in January to pitch their stuff as it seems.

I've tried to talk to Overkill about things before, like making sure things I was releasing wasn't going to get them annoyed at me, but nothings ever come of it. I got asked to remove the flashbang indicator from GoonMod last year, and that came through Ashley rather than somebody from Overkill asking me themselves, or sending me a message.

So basically, I'm just here doing my own thing. But whatever it's a video game and at the end of the day lets just click cops.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Oh drat, I stand corrected.

gently caress these lastbullet people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God forbid someone visit two websites to get mods.

Was this around the time Lastbullet had that hosting problem and lost pretty much everything?