Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
Have any of you actually sold any of the garbage that comes out of the safes? This skin is going for $30 in theory but I can't imagine anyone would actually pay that much for this piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I got 80 bucks for some stat boosts skin on like day one or two of crimefest. Every other sale has been a buck, or lower

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Utter Amnesty posted:

Have any of you actually sold any of the garbage that comes out of the safes? This skin is going for $30 in theory but I can't imagine anyone would actually pay that much for this piece of poo poo.

Have you seen what the lovely looking CS:GO knives go for?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

People will pay dumb amounts for cosmetics in their vidya games, news at 11.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282403193 So this deathwish build guide, is it on the up and up? Can i take this guides word as the gospel or more like a solid suggestion? Perhaps its terrible?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

canada jezus posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=282403193 So this deathwish build guide, is it on the up and up? Can i take this guides word as the gospel or more like a solid suggestion? Perhaps its terrible?

Oh my god this is awful

e: to be constructive, this has obviously not been updated since the weapon rebalance, but even if it had it would be terrible because this guy has some bad opinions. He's telling people to ace pistol messiah. Chameleon ace appears on builds in a presumably serious post. Many of these builds use the CTV. It's baaad.

e2: on the subject of masterforcers:

quote:

As much as you reddit users will disagree, this build is pretty stupid if you think about it. As an enforcer you want to go in and kill/tank anything and everything you can, while as an inspire you want to stay in the back and take less damage while just healing/reviving players.
This guy has clearly played too much WoW and cannot think outside the dps/tank/control/heal box.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 24, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

loving :lol:

What is the best build for kiting cloakers?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

For deathwish I think you should at least heavily consider pistol messiah basic.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm going to dismiss out of hand anyone that sends you into Deathwish in a CTV.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

For deathwish I think you should at least heavily consider pistol messiah basic.

Agreed, it's a nice 4-point "prevent this team wipe y/n?" skill, but in the words of the good author of this guide

quote:

If you're getting this, have it aced
and I'm just not sure it's worth it unless you intend to carry The Worst Heisters through deathwish.

e: I mean, seriously, look at this

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 24, 2015

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Oh my god this is awful

e: to be constructive, this has obviously not been updated since the weapon rebalance, but even if it had it would be terrible because this guy has some bad opinions. He's telling people to ace pistol messiah. Chameleon ace appears on builds in a presumably serious post. Many of these builds use the CTV. It's baaad.

e2: on the subject of masterforcers:

This guy has clearly played too much WoW and cannot think outside the dps/tank/control/heal box.

Hey thanks, yeah i'm actually playing a masterforcer at the moment and i still need a bunch more levels, but i like it so far. Should you never use the CTV? I'm halfway through my first infamy, i feel like i'm leveling so fast i'm still clueless about half the game.

edit: If there is a good overview, beyond the long guide i'd be hyped to read it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

canada jezus posted:

Hey thanks, yeah i'm actually playing a masterforcer at the moment and i still need a bunch more levels, but i like it so far. Should you never use the CTV? I'm halfway through my first infamy, i feel like i'm leveling so fast i'm still clueless about half the game.

edit: If there is a good overview, beyond the long guide i'd be hyped to read it.

The CTV is great for overkill, but if you're using an armor build you really should use an ICTV for deathwish.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Either you play a tanky masterforcer/techforcer type with ICTV or you play grinder/dodger build with suit/LBV. All the other armors might as well not exist.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

canada jezus posted:

Some of the skill advice in there is bad (zerker ace on some builds, kilmer ace, messiah ace or its worthless) and those certainly aren't the builds I would do. Not enough ICTV for my taste. Its not a bad guide for changing your thinking to the particular requirements of DW though.

With a lot of the new DLC weapons/perk decks deathwish isn't that tough anymore, so I don't know how hard you need to optimize. Especially flamethrower and Rpg.

Masterforcer is usually the standard build in deathwish because Inspire is the best skill in the game, but you need to alter your crew makeup based on the heist because you usually want to finish the map ASAP. If the heist needs C4 or saw (transports) then someone needs to take that.

More specific questions would probably help, that guide was a lot longer than i actually want to read to give you advice :v:

E: lol a bunch of responses while i let this post sit in another tab

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I was trying to read up on every possible option, build wise. http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/msnLhjeFGBCDa:eHIeFgDa:geCa::: This is where i'm at right now, i'm level 72 so i have 9 more skill points to go. Its worked out so far, i figure on overkill you can just do whatever and it'll be fine.

I do wanna be as optimal as possible though., 28 more levels for infamy then i'll try out a dodge build of some sort.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

I was trying to read up on every possible option, build wise. http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/msnLhjeFGBCDa:eHIeFgDa:geCa::: This is where i'm at right now, i'm level 72 so i have 9 more skill points to go. Its worked out so far, i figure on overkill you can just do whatever and it'll be fine.

I do wanna be as optimal as possible though., 28 more levels for infamy then i'll try out a dodge build of some sort.

As you're levelling, I find that the grinder deck patches a ton of survivability holes that lower level characters have.

Your build is missing 11 points in ghost (aced sprinter, aced fast hands, basic cat burglar, basic shinobi), and 6 points in fugitive (aced thick skin or hidden Blade, basic run and gun). You have aced transporter already, which is good.

Drop some points out of enforcer for the time being to get aced inspire, which is the best skill in the game.

Once the mastermind tree is complete (along with the other suggestions I've mentioned), then start plowing points into enforcer.

For overkill, your build should look like this, until you start getting infamy discounts:
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhjeFGBCDa:eqrOklHIjEFgDa:ghECda:feDa:::

DW changes the mastermind tree a bit, as aced control freak is pretty good (for the escape driver asset), and instead of combat medic, you ace painkillers instead. (like so: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSnLhJEFGbcDa:eqrOklHIjEFgDa:ghECda:feDa:::)

If you don't have the grinder deck, the max out enforcer first (along with the ghost and fugitive quality of life skills), and then finish off by getting the mastermind tree finished.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

As far as perk decks go, i've got armorer and crew chief fully maxed and rogue 1 off being maxed. I'll get on grinder after that and try it out. Thanks a ton for the advice.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

canada jezus posted:

As far as perk decks go, i've got armorer and crew chief fully maxed and rogue 1 off being maxed. I'll get on grinder after that and try it out. Thanks a ton for the advice.

Current op as gently caress perk decks:
Muscle (techforcer, but any build with ICTV really) , grinder (suit builds)

A-tier:
Sociopath (masterforcer)
Infiltrator (masterforcer)
Rogue (Fugimind)
Gambler (techforcer)

Sneak tier:
Burglar

poo poo tier:
Everything else

Shittier than poo poo tier:
Hitman

This is subject to change, as there are some very interesting changes to the armorer deck in an upcoming patch. Not sure if it makes it worth it, but it's worth experimenting for.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Drewjitsu posted:

Current op as gently caress perk decks:
Muscle (techforcer, but any build with ICTV really)

Can you explain why Muscle is better than Armorer?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Grinder also has a bug or exploit or what you want to call it with fire. It seems that for every cop you have on fire, health regen will stack. That's why I love taking grinder and a flaming Piglet on Death Wish.

Magnetic North posted:

Armorer is still alright if you can use it well, even better if you throw in Aced Bulletproof to help your team out a little more. Muscle is great for self-preservation, though. You won't be going down on DW as easily, and that 4% regen doesn't mean you're going to be stuck with that 10% health after a revive for very long (arguably the biggest problem on DW runs back in the day). I mix it with Hostage Taker for DW runs and almost never go down, but YMMV.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 24, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Magnetic North posted:

Health is a much more important resource than armour, especially on Deathwish where even ICTVs will be nullified in 3-4 shots anyway.

Having two regenerating resources is more important than one.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

Armor is great because it regenerates. So when you have both health and armor regenerate, you're basically invincible! In addition, disturbing the peace is amazingly useful (and even more so if they change it to include every weapon instead of the LMG/SMG/Sniper weapons only as it currently stands).

As stated, Armorer is good, but since the Muscle deck got health regen, armorer's value has depreciated somewhat. In order to combat this, overkill is looking to add an invincibility after your armor breaks for the armorer deck (which might make it good again).

Still, in a game where health is a somewhat limited resource, having something that gives you health back, without using a consumable, breaks the system. So if you notice, all of the "good" perk decks provide some way to give you health back (or are so grossly strong as to allow for an entire playstyle - *cough* rogue fugimind *cough*).

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Well, I guess I know what deck I'm filling up next. Thanks.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Plan Z posted:

Grinder also has a bug or exploit or what you want to call it with fire. It seems that for every cop you have on fire, health regen will stack. That's why I love taking grinder and a flaming Piglet on Death Wish.

Grindr and flaming is so DW viable it's crazy. I think I was doing some runs at lvl 60 and still cruising strong and loving poo poo up

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Lady Naga posted:

Health is a much more important resource than armour, especially on Deathwish where even ICTVs will be nullified in 3-4 shots anyway.

Having two regenerating resources is more important than one.

:shittypop:

I didn't know you were capable of not shitposting.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm kicking myself for not noticing how well aftershock pays. It's about 2.5 million spending for 15 minutes, and since you can just move all the safes to the C4 point before the C4 even drops, the map is really trivial to clear on Overkill.

Also, 1600 GL40 kills remain.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
http://imgur.com/gEzAypq

Getting back into the game with some friends. Shall I just buy the lot?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Avoid the character packs and most of the weapon packs.

And then the rest before demanding an apology for making a video game.

srly drop the char packs and most of the weapon packs

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Just buy it all, who cares

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The OVERKILL pack comes with a rocket launcher.
The Butcher's BBQ pack comes with a flamethrower and molotovs.
Sokol comes with a crazy powerful deck.
Dragan comes with a very good deck for stabbing people.
The heists let you host them. (Are you hosting?)

So sure, get the lot.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Avoid the character packs and most of the weapon packs.

And then the rest before demanding an apology for making a video game.

srly drop the char packs and most of the weapon packs

Clover is the best and I will fistfight anyone who suggests she isn't worth ~$0.75

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
poo poo, I should start getting back into the game, I need more shootcops. Just gotta set up the microphone

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Tai posted:

http://imgur.com/gEzAypq

Getting back into the game with some friends. Shall I just buy the lot?

Do you care about achievements? If yes, buy everything. Else, consider stuff on a case-by-case basis.

The only ones I would say are potentially not worth it are the Chivalry, Yakuza, AK/CAR, and Dragan.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

AK/CAR pack lost a lot of value in the re-balance IMO. The DMR kits used to be ace (as far as DMR kits go) but the base game's M308 is the best one by far these days, and the unique AK suppressor is no longer the best option as opposed to the Bigger the Better suppressor in the base game. Of the lot, probably the worst value would be the Chivalry and Western packs; arguably the Ninja pack too unless they dial back the Lebensauger nerf at any point. I would say the character packs too to a certain extent. They're all fun to play as (except bland rear end Crime Uncle Dragan) but you either get a useless deck or useless gun as part of it. That said, it all looks cheap enough that you might as well buy everything.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only character pack you need is Hotline Miami.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

...bland rear end Crime Uncle Dragan...

My eyes hurt like a motherfucker!

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

That's a funny way to spell Sokol.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

ThatOneGuy posted:

That's a funny way to spell Sokol.

:frogout:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

thats not sokol or clover, incredibly wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or Bonnie, the best heistress.