Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Screw it I can't pass up a pick 6. In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

In on this.

e: do we have to submit a year for each player? Or do we pick a year once we've claimed a player?

Once you successfully claim a player you get the exclusive rights to all his years. But you don't have to pick which specific one until you submit your team.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Maybe late but I'm also against shrinking the player pool.

For the bonus pick can you also get shut out in that?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Holy crap it's been like a year since I've played SLB but I already have a team purchased. $12.95 saved!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also I will help the new people out a bit.
This is a totally generic rear end "I want to find a good player" search. Barry Bonds is really good. You can refine further but this is where I always start.

And now the same for pitching:

You will obviously want to put in a minimum IP/162 value to find starting pitching. Hopefully this gives you new a people a little head start.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I don't think trading really adds to this format at all. It's already a no cap league; come with what you get.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Doesn't that mean we actually have one team too many? Not the opposite?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Bob Shabazz posted:

We do but WiS supports 26 team leagues, I'm pretty sure. Just can't have an odd number. I really don't want to kick someone out thanks to my mistake.

Yeah I wasn't sure if we could do a 26 team league or not. I know we can do 28.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Son of a loving bitch I didn't get Larry Walker? He was supposed to be my lock MVP

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

I don't know if there's a rule against it per se but I honestly don't know why you'd want to.

So even if one of my players only managed 300PA in one season through injury, I can give them 600PA? How does this affect their stats?

They will perform very badly if you push their innings/PA limits too much. Otherwise you could use guys like 2003 Eric Gagne as a starter every day. If I'm remembering correctly you can usually get about 10% over their listed playing time without performance degrading too badly.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm likely working 12 hours a day from here until December 25th so I won't be able to get picks to you until 7 or 8 each evening. Except on my days off. If I get any of those.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

At least Groucho is there so I don't have to feel the worst about my team

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ArtVandelay posted:

My only SP is Tanner Roark. My pitching is more not good.

I can't remember the exact rules of picks 6. Do we only do 6 rounds, and then draft the rest of the our team based on all the rest of the nonblocked players? Because if we do 24 rounds, there's literally going to be no one left.

We do rounds until everyone has a 25 man roster

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Just got home from work. Mine are in.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Accident Underwater posted:

These long work days are ruining our relationship

This is our season, friend

#Branding

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Curse you EB for blocking me on Bossman Junior!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ArtVandelay posted:

I have 4 SP's and 4 RP's and I only have 1108 innings. That's probably not so great. Who the hell could even be left at this point?

I've only got 1056 at this point. Welcome to Pick 6.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Did someone say defense??? :shepicide:

I will now attempt to find four more pitchers who aren't too trashy

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

That's WiS superstar Ricky Bones to you, buddy

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Alright none of you assholes better block me because if I don't get this done in 10 rounds I'm gonna feel like such a loser

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Going by the last roster you posted you've got about 200-300 more innings than you need so you should be fine.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm in. What do divisions and playoff brackets look like in this format?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My team style is a proven winner in open leagues so I'm sure it will also work in an uncapped one where I couldn't pick the best players all the time

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

lmao this team is so bad. My only hope is that everyone else goes into fatigue hell and I win the league through attrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I didn't say it was a good plan

• Locked thread