Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i have a gaming pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A little game called Bloodborne, OP.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There's a reasonably large PS4 general discussion thread in Games- they would probably be able to provide a better answer than we could, OP. Try there.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
lol a lot of thought provoking poo poo OP, we really needed a console wars thread on the imp zone, this is great

* wispering to zdr * gas

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

bloodborne and nier automata op

Soral
May 30, 2009

i bought a ps4 a couple months ago and am loving it, op

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Evil Eagle posted:

A little game called Bloodborne, OP.

i have dark souls on pc and havent played it , so there ya go

also, to the guy that mentioned posting in the ps4 games Games thread. i just have one thing to say to that: HElllllllllllllllllll no!!!!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I think if you're able to build a PC and don't have a family that might complain about using a gaming PC on your living room, then the answer is exclusives, and that's about the whole thing. Everything else is just console warrioring.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's a reasonably large PS4 general discussion thread in Games- they would probably be able to provide a better answer than we could, OP. Try there.

another excellent example of why games Owns

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
N++ hasn't had a PC port announced yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you want to play Bloodborne then yes. Otherwise no. Topic locked.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cozy console feels.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Persona 5 is coming soon my friend

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
thanks for the imput everyone, i have no friends or family

maybe ill just get a pstv to play ps1 classics... that's like,a ll you need right? you can just buy a pstv for like $30 or whatever and then youre all set to play ogre battle etc?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does PSTV use the retarded Sony specific memory cards that the Vita uses. Because 8 gigs of storage will cost you more than the console itself, lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Does PSTV use the retarded Sony specific memory cards that the Vita uses. Because 8 gigs of storage will cost you more than the console itself, lol.

yes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

i have a gaming pc

I have a cock. Suck it brah!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:eng99:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

psvita cards have the same price per kb as ps1 memory cards did

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im going to buy it on black friday :toxx:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

thanks for the imput everyone, i have no friends or family

maybe ill just get a pstv to play ps1 classics... that's like,a ll you need right? you can just buy a pstv for like $30 or whatever and then youre all set to play ogre battle etc?

if you just want to play ps1 games, buy a ps1, dumbass.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think its fine if he wants to buy a PSTV also Mr. Angry Balls.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
if you dont already have a wii U get that first, theres a lot more overlap in games between ps4 and pc than pc and wii U and also the wii U is the god drat shiznit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If all he wants is to play PSX games then yeah, a PlayStation would be better and the same price. But PSTV has PSX, PS2 and Vita games and streaming apps. It's a pretty solid deal all things considered, even if the storage stuff is assy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

If all he wants is to play PSX games then yeah, a PlayStation would be better and the same price. But PSTV has PSX, PS2 and Vita games and streaming apps. It's a pretty solid deal all things considered, even if the storage stuff is assy.
It doesn't have PS2 games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think a lot of the vita video streaming apps dont work on pstv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It doesn't have PS2 games

elf help book posted:

i think a lot of the vita video streaming apps dont work on pstv

Alright just get a vita because it's awesome.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

send me a vita

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

actually get a ps2 if you want to play ps1 games

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
before you do any of that stuff play dark souls

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
classic dumbass gamer logic in this thread: "just use the old thing!!!!" DURRR *bangs arm against chest at 90 degree angle)

ever consider that maybe i just want to use hdmi cables and not some esoteric pawn shop bullcrap???

but yeah ok, memory stick pro duo or whatever can miss me forever

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Persona 5 is coming soon my friend

im gonna get the one on wii u

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

klapman posted:

if you dont already have a wii U get that first, theres a lot more overlap in games between ps4 and pc than pc and wii U and also the wii U is the god drat shiznit

this. wii u is too good not to have.

Dec 26, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

bloodborne and nier automata op

this

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Durrr

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My AIDS detector, which only faces one way and is ergonomically designed to only be held facing outward, is alerting me of some AIDS in this thread.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also, I'm the one holding it and there are no mirrors in the area.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

My AIDS detector, which only faces one way and is ergonomically designed to only be held facing outward, is alerting me of some AIDS in this thread.

you should clean it, it is probably full of residual aids from your posts + threads lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

It's amazing to me that despite all of the precautions taken to avoid this very scenario, you still manage to point the drat thing directly at your own self.

• Locked thread