Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Guys. GUYS. Need something relatively low-effort that will absolutely blow everyone's minds at the office party anyway?

CHRISTMAS TREE MERINGUES.

I, an actual fumble-fingered idiot, made these tonight and mine were every bit as cute as the ones on pinterest (allowing for crappy lighting and my android phone).

(they're greener in person)

quote:

Ingredients
4 egg whites at room temp
1 Cup granulated sugar
pinch cream of tartar
⅛ tsp almond extract (I substituted mint because why would you make a green thing almond when you can make it mint, whether or not it's Christmas)
green gel food coloring
multi color sprinkles
star sprinkles
frosting of your choice (we used royal icing because it was there)

Instructions
Heat oven to 200 degrees. Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in a bowl of your stand mixer. Place bowl over boiling water on the stove. Whisk vigorously until sugar dissolved and there are no more sugar granules visible. Remove from heat and whisk in extract.
Using the whisk attachment on stand mixer, mix on medium high until egg whites become bright white but still runny. Add in food coloring to the color you want and continue to beat to form stiff peaks.
Place mixture into piping bag with large star tip. Pipe cookies onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat. Make cookies about 1 inch in width, 2 inches high and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Sprinkle with the multi color sprinkles.
Cook for 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn off oven, open door slightly and let sit in oven an additional 2 hours. (we forgot this last part and they came out fine anyway)
Place the star sprinkles on top with a tiny dab of frosting. Serve and enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread