Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Framing the whole thing as some big cultural conflict is funny to me. End users on all platforms are mostly clueless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rinkles posted:

Framing the whole thing as some big cultural conflict is funny to me. End users on all platforms are mostly clueless.

As a console FO4 user, I can confirm that I never knew about this nor do I care about it now.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Are there any mods that let you scroll past the beginning of the settlement menu to the end? I love the settlement part of the game, so I have a bunch of mods installed. But scrolling through 100+ items to get to what I want is getting really old.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So is the advice in the OP still relevant now? is there a guide on how to do a merged patch? If not, any goon willing to write one up?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bholder posted:

This just feels so unnecessarily stupid and petty. Like if somebody can just download a mod and then upload it on Bethesda.net and make it work on consoles then that mod clearly works on consoles, maybe not optimally, so this whole "console limitation" sounds less important than others make it out to be.

And if you cannot make it perfect for console use, or you just don't want to, you could always just... I dunno, completely ignore Bethesda.net and its comments?

Then again, this is the same community that got mad when somebody bought up a new way to rate mods in a forum they cannot supervise so...

In theory I agree with you. Politicking and chest puffing aside though, modding for consoles has some pretty severe limitations, but good on Bethesda for really putting it out into the spotlight.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

And if you cannot make it perfect for console use, or you just don't want to, you could always just... I dunno, completely ignore Bethesda.net and its comments?

That doesn't fix it. Because they will come over to the Nexus and FLOOD THE gently caress OUT OF YOUR COMMENTS.

Look at the Rebel armor's comments sometime. I saw at least a full page of "MAKE IT BE FOR CONSOLES". Ignore that it hasn't been updated since before console modding has come out so the guy might not even be paying attention. KEEP FILLING THE WORLD WITH COMMENTS.

I don't give a poo poo about any of it, so the only effect it has on me is seeing a thousand really annoying comments when I'm trying to look in the comments for other reasons. (Like seeing if a common problem I had is already mentioned!)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Basically, 11 year old COD kids invade the world of modding and things go about as well as you might expect.

If the rumors are true and Bethesda is making a Skyrim remaster then uh... the potential for nexus primadonnas like Arthmoor to have a complete mental breakdown is... huge.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gonkish posted:

Basically, 11 year old COD kids invade the world of modding and things go about as well as you might expect.

If the rumors are true and Bethesda is making a Skyrim remaster then uh... the potential for nexus primadonnas like Arthmoor to have a complete mental breakdown is... huge.

Like they needed a reason

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

yeah uh this mod is now hidden and i'm very angry right now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Another long shot: rebinding the PS4's Dualshock touchpad so it can serve as multiple buttons (many games do this) instead of one, or even to recognize swipes, is probably out of the question?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Why isn't extended scripting included out of the box for pc? Consoles, I know nothing of their limitations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SeanBeansShako posted:

So is the advice in the OP still relevant now? is there a guide on how to do a merged patch? If not, any goon willing to write one up?

Right click, create merged patch, apply filter for cleaning, go through each record conflict to ensure the final result is one to your liking.

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
Someone updated No Negative Affinity and No Cool Down actually:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14525/

[/quote]

It turns out the reason it wasn't working for me was because my companions cool down timer was active when I launched the mod (so it stayed in that state). I turned off the mod, slept for 5 days and loaded the mod back up and it worked perfectly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Right click, create merged patch, apply filter for cleaning, go through each record conflict to ensure the final result is one to your liking.

I'll add this to the FAQ, which mod manager tool is this with though?

Everything else in the OP is still correct and relevant right? I'm still waiting for good new thread name suggestions here too. Go nuts. I got nothing.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 8, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Returning to F4 after a while, do the latest patches/DLC fix the cell reset bug? I want to install this mod.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SeanBeansShako posted:

You might try this guide. It's for Skyrim but it uses xEdit so the same ideas apply. Basically, load the mods you want merged and right-click, choose other>create merged patch. It will tell you it's not supported but it works all the same. What sorts of game changes do you want to reconcile?
https://www.scribd.com/doc/235574282/Guide-to-Make-a-Patch-for-Solving-Conflicts

e: whups I was beat but to be fair I have Iron Rose on my ignore list for reasons I don't recall.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 8, 2016

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'll add this to the FAQ, which mod manager tool is this with though?

The directions describe making a merged patch from within F04edit. Haven't found that I've needed to avail myself of it's resources just yet. LOOT, however, is quite invaluable for load order checking ..

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
When they say Skyrim 'remastered', they mean enhanced for the latest consoles right? no?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Alright, basically the layout for the OP Troll has done is more or less untouched, though I am considering adding quote boxes around certain categories is that okay or annoying?. When it comes to weapons/armour now I'll group them together based on theme.

The OP might need four posts instead of three. I'm also looking for goon approved ENB set up and possibly the best Survival mode and UI tweak mods. Every other section has at least something new.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

"Nexus Mod Drama posted:

:chloe:
Countdown to modders adding code that will brick the Xbox if their mod is used on em.

SeanBeansShako posted:

:words: about new thread
I'm getting back into FO4 right now and I can't wait to actually read the OP. :colbert:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Ugh just went to check on Beantown Interiors and that rear end in a top hat took it down out of spite too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

Ugh just went to check on Beantown Interiors and that rear end in a top hat took it down out of spite too.

Is it down down or just hidden?

Because I'm going to be supper pissed off if half the mods I put in the OP lead to Hidden argghhghghghg!

Robzilla posted:

I'm getting back into FO4 right now and I can't wait to actually read the OP. :colbert:

It is lovely laid out OP Troll did, I just hope I can fit all of this into three posts minimum.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If you need more than three posts then it is OK. I cannot see that being an issue.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

VideoGames posted:

If you need more than three posts then it is OK. I cannot see that being an issue.

Thanks, I don't really do OP's much so I just want to be sure.

Also, in these dark times it might be helpful and safe to back up your favourite Nexus mods so you can rehost them for the thread goons, some might vanish for good off Nexus. I would appreciate and put up alternate download links.

Also, good god I miss the FOOK and in general weapon mod pack days from Fallout 3/FNV. Modders please go back to making weapon packs.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

so my pc is now the Goon, and i dislike only have brass knuckles on one hand. what's a good dual wield mod/a mod to rectify this problem?

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
I'd be interested to know how many times these XBone mods are actually even being downloaded and used. We're like 6 months after release, wouldn't it be safe to say that anyone who had even a remote interest in modding the game would have done so already on PC?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Thanks, I don't really do OP's much so I just want to be sure.

Also, in these dark times it might be helpful and safe to back up your favourite Nexus mods so you can rehost them for the thread goons, some might vanish for good off Nexus. I would appreciate and put up alternate download links.

Also, good god I miss the FOOK and in general weapon mod pack days from Fallout 3/FNV. Modders please go back to making weapon packs.

i'm just sayin' if you don't include my mods imma be terribly upset.

also weapon packs will probably come, but it takes awhile to get the permissions for every weapon involved. Probably easier if one person does a bunch.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

i'm just sayin' if you don't include my mods imma be terribly upset.

also weapon packs will probably come, but it takes awhile to get the permissions for every weapon involved. Probably easier if one person does a bunch.

Isn't that weapons rebalance in the OP already? if not, I'll put yours in above it.

I really do hope this modding drama doesn't make every Nexus modder in a paranoid wreck because being laid back sharing your assets and code can really make some fantastic projects.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Mental Midget posted:

We're like 6 months after release, wouldn't it be safe to say that anyone who had even a remote interest in modding the game would have done so already on PC?
No, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be safe to say at all, considering that New Vegas mods are still being developed.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Saint Sputnik posted:

the "these are people doing it for fun/love of the game" thing kind of falls apart when you see them flip their poo poo like this

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FlyinPingu posted:

the "these are people doing it for fun/love of the game" thing kind of falls apart when you see them flip their poo poo like this

So basically what you're saying is that if you spent your free time painting and giving away the images for free online, you wouldn't be even the slightest bit annoyed if you found someone taking your pictures and selling them on their website with no credit to you at all?

I mean, you're just doing it for fun and love of pigeons.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

most important mod

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah but is there a Dogmeat butthole armor mod?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Azhais posted:

So basically what you're saying is that if you spent your free time painting and giving away the images for free online, you wouldn't be even the slightest bit annoyed if you found someone taking your pictures and selling them on their website with no credit to you at all?

Is anyone selling their mods? I mean, yeah I'd be passed off, but only because people are being taken advantage of in my name.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Praseodymi posted:

Is anyone selling their mods? I mean, yeah I'd be passed off, but only because people are being taken advantage of in my name.

People are re-uploading the mods and asking for donations.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

AfterFather posted:

People are re-uploading the mods and asking for donations.

Does anyone honestly think that the people doing these reuploads are actually getting any donations?

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Spent a week trying to figure out why my mods weren't working after the game updated. Tried reinstalling everything, including the game. Even waited for F4SE to update and that still didn't work. Then I hear about plugins.txt arbitrarily needing an asterisk in front of every mod now, try that and everything works. :shepicide: Now if I could just get Mod Organizer to stop going "holy poo poo nothing is enabled" and clearing the plugins file despite it being read-only every time I launch it that would be great.

Having to go back and edit plugins.txt with those asterisks every time I want to play is still not the most unfun part of modding this game.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Azhais posted:

on the other hand, any images I create are owned solely by me, and not bethesda, who owns every mod anyone makes for their games. Like most sane people, I would probably get anyone who stole the work to try and profit from it to take it down, but I wouldn't throw a fit and take down everything I've ever created off the internet and never put anything up ever again.

Bonus points if these are the modders whose mods would work on consoles, but refuse to do so because they hate bethesda/console plebs/etc.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Update mod organizer? the new version does it properly :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FlyinPingu posted:

on the other hand, any images I create are owned solely by me, and not bethesda, who owns every mod anyone makes for their games. Like most sane people, I would probably get anyone who stole the work to try and profit from it to take it down, but I wouldn't throw a fit and take down everything I've ever created off the internet and never put anything up ever again.

Bonus points if these are the modders whose mods would work on consoles, but refuse to do so because they hate bethesda/console plebs/etc.

Eh, Bethesda is requiring DMCA takedown notices for people to get mod thieves taken off the store, so they're clearly taking the stance that the mod owner owns the copyrights.

• Locked thread