Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

GreenBuckanneer posted:

We need a mod that allows us to track what settler's are doing what, and how to assign them easily.

Might need a FOSE or something for that though.

Yeah, can't wait for the first settlement overhaul mods to start rolling in. The building is solid enough once you learn how to bypass the clipping/unfavorable angle snapping and unlock the building cap, but the people management is atrocious. Aaaand kinda pointless i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
edit: eh nevermind

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Just a heads up for everyone: I asked this:

Got this:

Not trying to be a party pooper, just making sure it's known.

oh man, if my savegames get hosed up i will throw the worst babbyfit these forums have ever seen
but i loving needed that bugfix mod

and i NEEDED the ability to build washingmachines in my settlements...

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Wasn't it a goon that was the author of Mod Organizer or am i imagining that? In any case, anyone know if a F4 version is in the works?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
i just want to loving "wait" whenever the gently caress i want to and for the Antialiasing in the game to not look like utter poo poo

textures also look like complete rear end, but i suspect any HD texture mod will just grind the game to a halt and make it poo poo itself, its pretty obvious textures was what they cut to a minimum to fit in everything else that's going on

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Does stealth have that funny little bug that all bad coders make where if you focus too hard on it the value tips over the top and becomes negative? I've been speccing stealth hard and have armor that makes me stealthier, and at some point I've started to get detected more where as before i could almost stand in-front of peoples faces.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Iron Rose posted:

On a related note, I'm branching out, would like to make a weapon rebalance. Just focusing on damage right now (not yet ranged), what weapons would you change, and how? What would you make stronger, weaker?

I would make the Institute laser weapons as good or slightly better than the commonwealth laser weapons. The Institute works constantly to make their weapons better, the commonwealth weapons were just picked up of the ground 200+ years ago.

i still wouldn't use them tho, their first person models are loving gigantic

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Strudel Man posted:

God, yes. Rubble and skeletons. Need to be able to clean that up.

You can remove the skeletons easy at least, just open console, click skeleton, type "markfordelete" and the next time it loads the area the game should offload them.
Just make a save before you do it incase you miss click and delete something important.

I did this at the Starlight Drive in, where I built my main base and the place was just filled with the clanky fuckers.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Coughing Hobo posted:

You can also use "disable" and it'll remove it instantly.

Disable command didn't do anything at all for me, that was the first i tried. The "disable" command only works on certain things now, and skeletons are not one of them.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 25, 2015

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got anything to say about these two mods? Any FILTHY DIRTY EDITS

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1860/

I want to put Ballistic Weave on my poo poo, but i have to admit that the armor freedom the first one linked promises is very interesting.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Iron Rose posted:

You'll note both say they were made with FO4edit so they're fine. It's using xSnip that caused problems.

Neat neat.

Edit: Extra spawns will be hilariously easy to mod once the GECK arrives if it's anything like the creation kit. Just have to tell the spawn template to spawn 2x, 5x, 10x, etc, doing it before that sounds very difficult.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Man, i hope some modders will make some neat Gauss weapons sooner rather than later, it's by far my favorite weapon. Just the look, the feel, the sound and you can even suppress it. I want gauss handguns, miniguns, launchers, knives and underwear.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Michaellaneous posted:

All I want is an 50cal HMG so I can stand there and just Dakka dakka my way through everything. Make it nice and slow and really loud.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, i also can't loving wait for the direct import of Warhammer 40k weapons and space marine armor/paint jobs. Just load up my power armor with the fattest jetpack i can find, mod the power armor legs with that increase impact mod and just fly around stomping supermutants heads, ripping them apart with my chainsword, standing ontop of the commonwealth skyskrapers ripping into everything that moves with my heavy bolter screaming
PURGE THE XENO FILTH
VENERATE THE GOD EMPEROR
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INNOCENCE ONLY VARYING DEGREES OF GUILT
KNOW THE MUTANT, KILL THE MUTANT

at the top of my lungs irl until every cat in the house has broken in utter terror and are clawing at anything that looks like escape from this house of the emperors will at which point i will slowly rise from my my gamer chair in a fine mist of cheeto dust, lumber over to the cowering cats and say

"smells like heresy here"

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Songbearer posted:

This, absolutely. Decorating houses is the main reason I play Bethsoft games and boy was I mega disappointed to find that despite all the new building stuff, this bug is still present and makes decorating with misc items pointless.

The reason behind it is that after placing items down, leaving the area and loading back into it, the game recalculates all the physics on the item and gravity makes everything fly everywhere.

Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas all got decoration mods that let you flag the items as having no physics which prevents this from happening, so I'm sure there'll be one for FO4. I just wish it was sooner rather than later.

Are you using the settlement build menu to place havok items? You can just drop them on the ground, go into the build menu, pick them up and place them like you would anything else in there. I only did it with some Nuka Cola Quantum bottles, but they haven't moved a millimeter in about 90 hours played.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Weird, doesn't work at all on my end.

Songbearer posted:

Try it with an Antique Globe. Certain objects are more suspectible to it than others, but it's inevitable that it'll happen eventually if you're visiting an area often enough

Ah okay, i only placed bottles and they are still standing.

Edit: Oh, i'm still the latest post, okay then, has anyone found a mod or tweak that clears up the imagespace underwater except setting DepthofField=0 in the ini? It looks kinda lame like that, looks just like air.

Man, Bethesda did kind of a poor job with the underwater areas, even more so than in Skyrim. Ugly clipping errors every other step and hastily placed meshes that you can phase through the world in, and still there is a dedicated underwater exploration perk so they actually expect you to go down here and look at this broken crap.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 26, 2015

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

FadedReality posted:

Aw man now that there's a reliable tool for making .esps modders are already letting the scope of their mods get away from them. I saw that WET- Water Enhancement Textures updated and there's now an .esp that lowers the amount of rads water gives you.

Given how trivial it is to make a second mod page, do they do this so they can push their lame ideas out to everyone who made the mistake of tracking their TEXTURE mod? I might even like a mod that tweaks rads but tacking it onto the side of your texture mod has that ol :nexus: stink on it.

Feature creep is a hosed up thing and most modders can't imagine why someone wouldn't want the side effect of Molerats being bright pink and screaming the Jon Cena theme at the top of their lungs in a mod that gives the Gauss Rifle +3 damage, "cause it's hilarious lol??????????". I saw someone in the earlier days of FO4 modding do something like this, ended up passive aggressively making a "NO FUN ALLOWED" optional esp after community backlash.

Thing is with the Nexus hosed up moderator staff and policies you can't even make a mod that removes the pink molerats from the original mod without getting banned for stealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
HOW CAN YOU ENJOY THAT WHICH YOU HAVE NOT

• Locked thread