Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Nexus Mod Manager seems to work fine for me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I only used Mod Organizer for Skyrim because I came to the game years after it came out and that's what the mod thread recommended. NMM works fine for FO4 for me so far.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Brosnan posted:

Is there a payoff to going balls-out on the settlement building stuff?

Cool visuals, scratching the SimCity itch, and and endless supply of Adhesive. That's about it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I'm pretty sure there isn't :(

Since it's not a marked location nobody will ever ask you even to go kill them.

It is a marked location and I've gotten a "go kill the raiders" settlement quest for it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

MaliciousOnion posted:

I just hope a mod eventually comes out that lets you set up settlements at interesting places, instead of Small Patch of Forest #27. Any of the quarries or overpasses would have been better.

There are a few settlements like Greygarden and Finch Farm where you if you build a tower you can actually get up onto the freeway overpass and build on it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Those type of mods for skyrim were fun beause you could do things like give your character a giant bobblehead or make them 3 feet tall.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Heh. "Bone Weights".

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So I know everyone is always complaining about how the Brotherhood are fascists, well, if you want to make it literal, there's a mod for you!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5586/

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Is there any known fix yet for when your weapons just kinda decide to take 20 seconds to load (not exaggerating) when you try to switch. It's starting to drive me insane.

Hit F to bring up the favorites menu and then the favorite number, instead of just hitting the number. For whatever reason that works instantly and doesn't have the same bug. Also switching in the pip-boy menu always works.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Are there any alternate start mods yet, or will that have to wait for the GECK?
It's always annoying to have to go through the whole long intro part once you've restarted a Bethesda game a few times.

I guess there's always the option of just keeping a save game from right before you exit Vault 111.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

gasman posted:

Finally, the first must have mod since the full dialogue one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8814/

Gotta combine this with the Buzz Lightyear power armor mod.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't think there's any way of saving the hacking minigame from being boring drudgery which is why they wisely made hacking pretty much unnecessary for any of the game. There's almost always a lock you can pick instead and I've only run into a couple places where you couldn't get an item or something unless you hacked a terminal. I always just put three perks into lockpicking and none in hacking.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Once you get used to how lockpicking works (i.e. if you ever played Skyrim or FO3) it's super fast and easy to do. And picks are so plentiful that the 4th rank of Lockpick is completely unnecessary. Hacking is just slow and annoying though, and I can see why you'd want to bypass it.

I just ignore hacking entirely because I don't think there's a single quest in the game that you can't complete with zero perk points in it, and you're only missing out a few random item containers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

pmchem posted:

I'm about 20 hours into my first vanilla playthrough. Mods I'd want, off the top of my head:

1. Craftable ammo
2. Fusion core recharging (or crafting)
3. Craftable stimpacks
4. Drive-able vehicles (e.g. motorcycles, tanks)

How many of those exist or are in the works?

You can already make stimpacks at a Chemistry station. IIRC you need antiseptic, a blood pack, and steel.
You can make rad-aways too.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Launching Fallout 4 through NMM for the first time in a few days, haven't added or changed any mods in probably a month, and when I go to load my last save it gives me the warning about that save relying on a bunch of mods that aren't being loaded, and I get a CTD. What the hell, did Bethesda just push another patch that breaks mods or something?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Azhais posted:

Have you played since 1.5? The plugin file format apparently changed

I don't know what the means or what I have to do to fix it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

Odd barely any new SMG weapons on the Nexus.

everyone's still traumatized from getting constantly wasted by Sulik's friendly fire.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I feel like there wasn't even anything interesting done with the Memory Den at all in the game. There's the one quest with Kellog and that's it. No other interaction. The weird non-scientist lady doesn't have anything worthwhile.

If you go there before the Kellog quest you can get traumatized by re-living your spouse's murder.
And the Silver Shroud quest starts with the guy who's hanging out in the side room there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Kizurue posted:

I think it would be pretty cool if you would have random encounters while using the immersive fast travel mod. Have it do a RNG to see if you encounter enemies in route to wherever your going and then deposit you somewhere in between the two points to fight.

Fallout 2 style?

• Locked thread