Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

We need a mod that allows us to track what settler's are doing what, and how to assign them easily.

Might need a FOSE or something for that though.

Bandanas are the way to go, there's like 5 different types you can use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'd have thought that changing the water visibility would be one of the first mods done but apparently not. Trying to see anything 5 inches past your face is almost impossible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alabaster White posted:

Is there a mod to make advanced versions of enemies spawn more frequently? I play on Survival and the game's core scaling is actually pretty good, but it gets way too easy later because it never fully replaces the weak enemies with proper level scaled ones. I just want a challenge :(

There's a mod for increasing damage done to the player on survival:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/333/

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

hey what the poo poo man, not linking my version of that :(

I actually thought it was your version of the mod, it's what I'm running. :psyduck:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's at least 2 or 3 major texture optimization mods at the moment. This is the one I'm using: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1204/

It helps a bit with the stutters in the downtown area and I haven't noticed any longer load times with it (but then again I put FO4 on an SSD).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Delerion posted:

We need guns, lots of guns.

After playing FNV with every millenia weapon this game feels like it has 10 weapons total(and on top of that most of them are ugly with bolts on the wrong side)

Yeah, the problem I'm running into is that regular pipe weapons are ineffectual as all hell in enemy hands, lasers are fairly rare and don't do much, plasma outside of gunners hands are non-existant, and the only ones who carry SMGs are triggermen.

There's this giant gulf in the game between raiders using pipes and 10mm pistols and later game enemies who use gamma guns (which are rare enough that leadlining is almost useless), rocket launchers, and fat man nukes. Fallout 3 at least had multiple guns of the same weapon type (hunting rifles, lever actionsand sniper rifles; Chinese and American ARs; a heap of pistols and revolvers); by shuffling off everything into 'pipe' you end up either sleeping through combat or dying in a quarter second.

edit: Also not having a semi-auto sniper rifle is killing me.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 23, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The faction system has the same exact problem that Deus Ex: IW had. They don't want to lock players out from content too quickly but it basically ends up with you jerking around all the other factions until the endgame when you finally choose one. They put way less thought into it than Obsidian did with New Vegas.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I know, but I loved shooting .50 snipers in New Vegas and offing death claws with a single shot.

Also, .50 is criminally underused and switching a sniper to that doesn't really increase damage much. You're still outclassed by the .44 revolver by a good 20 points at max perks/modifiers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Michaellaneous posted:

All I want is an 50cal HMG so I can stand there and just Dakka dakka my way through everything. Make it nice and slow and really loud.

Fallout has never really had those unless you include Tactics (nobody does for whatever reason) or the Bozar's weirdness. Hell, there's only one machine gun that even uses 7.62s to begin with in the main series (Fallout 2's M60), everything else uses 5mm or 5.56.

5mm would make sense for minigun users if it was a separate caseless round to save weight but apparently it isn't

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Thronde posted:

And the FAL was 7.62. But I'm pretty sure that was just a Heat plugin because some dev decided he wanted to rock the FAL.

The FAL isn't really a machine gun unless you count the mag dump full auto mod for it, but since 7.62 was rare enough as it is nobody does.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

It's really odd that you can't just craft as many items as you want by specifying like you could with New Vegas' ammo reloading system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Insect Court posted:

This is perhaps too much to ask of a pre-GECK mod, but I'd like to see one that (adjustably) increases scarcity. Even on survival you end up with a huge cache of drugs and ammo in a way that changes gameplay balance significantly. Radiation ceases to become a hazard when you're carting around fifty RadAways, which feels contrary to the inclusion of the new mechanics. Same thing with addiction and addictol. I tend to avoid using consumables unless the boost is really necessary for a fight which explains the hoard, but it would be nice for the loot system to be balanced so that careful use of consumables is still necessary after the early game.

There is one, but it achieves this by basically removing any loot located in containers if I recall correctly.

• Locked thread