Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That is one solid as gently caress OP.

I'd want to use the Easy Lockpicking and Easy Hacking mods, but I feel like they kind of invalidate taking the last perk in their respective trees. Is there a way around that or will we just have to wait for the GECK to release to make those final perks "better"/do something else?

I thought taking a bobby pin from you each time you open a lock to be fair (until you get the last perk at which point a locked container is just experience by clicking it), but I have a hard time seeing something similar done for hacking. Unless it just doubles the experience from hacking or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Icedude posted:

I'm waiting for something to make actually surviving in the wasteland more interesting, kinda like Frostfall was for Skyrim, or hardcore mode in New Vegas.

Maybe at least something to make radstorms into something to worry about rather than "oh no I might need to use a RadAway if I don't see a doctor before another two of those hit"

Maybe having some random modifier on rad damage the radstorms do would be interesting, anywhere between 5x to 10x the amount of radiation per "hit".

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just want a mod to change the laser pistol and rifle sounds into something more pew-pew like from Star Wars or something. As they are, they sound too much like rifles to me.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Whats wrong with nexus mod manager.

Speaking from experience, if you skip a couple of updates, sometimes it might "forget" any mods you had and start to mess up your entire installation, making it nearly unplayable without restarting all mods and everything.

And sometimes it is just poorly programmed and causes some weird bugs you wouldn't expect of a mod manager.

I still use it because I've prepared my butt for the pain that comes with it, but it's a nice thing to be aware of.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Mysterious Stranger has never been a perk actually worth taking, it's mostly a window dressing that is fun when it happens. It didn't happen often if you picked it in the original Fallouts either.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

duckfarts posted:

I don't know; I got it in Fallout 3 and I remember the stranger dropping by often and murdering the poo poo out of everything a lot with a certain regularity.

:shrug: In my game he just spawned once and then proceeded to miss and I decided the perk was a waste and lived with it. It never happened again either.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

The Iron Rose posted:

Easy Lockpicking: Way more popular than I thought it'd be, this mod basically makes the sweet spot the entire lock, so you can just turn the pick and always succeed. Still need the perk to try and open the lock in question mind.

I really would want to use a mod that sort of just eliminates the minigame aspects of both lockpicking and hacking, but at the same time still leaves the final perk of their respective perk trees valuable. Would that require the toolset to make anything of?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

Is there a mod that lets me finish Curie's personal quest but not have her be a synth. She's just so loving boring like that. Ideally, and I'll probably end up doing this when the GECK comes out, I'd have a choice to put her in different robot bodies like maybe a cleaned up gen2 synth or a white assaultron, that would loving own.

I'd think we'd all be happy if she could turn into one of those sex-robots from Rick & Morty. Including the balled up form so she could become an eye-bot at will and pop out a baby in the middle of the settlements forcing all settlers to freak out as the baby will be set to a hostile faction, but also immortal.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

No, season 3 is still not here.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

7c Nickel posted:

Time for a Fallout Fun Fact!

Stingwings have no stingers and are not actually poisonous! In the ancestral Scorpionfly, the large and threatening tail merely housed the male genitals. Modern Stingwings have most likely mutated to be hermaphroditic and use traumatic insemination penis fencing duels to pass sperm between partners! They're stabbing you with their barbed dicks and injecting semen into your bloodstream! Fun Fact!

That explains radiation damage, because I am fairly confident Bethesda just thinks radiation is "yucky dirt" judging by what sources give you radiation and how vault 81 says "wow, no radiation" even if you have a full red bar.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My main issue with legendaries is that I can't even scrap them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

randombattle posted:

Yeah man they've always been mindless rotting zombies. They could never have a city or anything in the old fallout games.

Man, I've been having problems with how Bethesda has used ghouls, but it is like the opposite way this mod maker sees it. Harold himself was sort of the exception to the norm in Fallout, staying in the slums of a part of town with a crazy person talking stories about death claws and the like and even commented on how people saw mutants like ghouls himself, he himself having been a mutant-hunter. Not a whole lot of people dared to travel all the way to the Necropolis, though there were some trade caravans that did.

Replaying Fallout 1 has made me fall in love with that game all over again.

• Locked thread