Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

It would be a shame if modders spite the general console audience because a bunch of internet babies acted like babies.

I'm pretty sure once this dies down a bit and Bethesda moves forward with the theft takedowns that most of the animosity will go with it.

Also when it starts to sink in with the console people that mods are literally just some guy doing this because he enjoys it, it will go a long way to making everyone happy.

Console gamers have heard about crazy mods for skyrim and stuff and don't get that
A] a lot of that won't work on consoles without script extenders
B] the geck just came out so everything is still in its infancy compared to skyrim's modding scene

It has been hilarious to watch people on other forums try and explain why stealing mods is bad but piracy isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I don't know if this makes me bad or something, but NMM has been great for me so far. No plugins nonsense or anything like that.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

uh-huh! WBO is mine. I also have a number of other convenience mods though - you probably don't need to include the carryweight one since it's one modav away from being irrelevant, but stuff like controlling Legendary Enemy Spawning or Create Your Own Difficulty might be worth including.

This is all shameless self promotion though, the lot of them are available here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2177762/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Oh awesome, I love WBO, I was able to actually use pipe weapons past the first few levels. I usually pass them by before I can get enough perk points to mod them.

I was tinkering, with the WBO as a guide of sorts, during my first shaky steps into modding and I was wondering why you added all the 518s on the 10mm mods on the property - form Id,int? I'm using FO4edit if that matters.

I have no idea what half this stuff means so for future reference what does this change?

Also do you guys just kind of find this stuff out by screwing with it or is there any good documentation somewhere?

Fake edit: to be clear I'm not trying to just change your values and call it mine or something, I'm just trying to learn by seeing what the mods I use actually do.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

No worries! Per the 518s, that was merely me copying over vanilla values as reported by FO4Edit - to be entirely honest I have absolutely no idea what that does.

OK awesome thanks for the reply.

• Locked thread