Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I pledge to personally mod this game into as much of an fps arpg as I can feasibly get it to be.

Also, where the gently caress is the red and orange paint job for the power armors already modders?

Would settle for yellow and orange too please do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

we need a mod that will let us break the skeletons down for bones and their clothing/armor

yes, i do want to turn the remains of the long dead into oil

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

are there any tutorials for doing texture replacement mods or the like i'm bored as hell and sick of no samus aran power armor textures

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I finally broke down and decided to do some Metroid power armor paint job retextures and couldn't get photoshop to read the .bbs's even after installing the plug in and that's the end of my story

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Amstrad posted:

First off.. you should be working with .dds files. If you're perchance trying to edit the .bgsm material files directly you're going about it all wrong.
Secondly so long as you're using the plugin available from here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop you shouldn't be having any trouble opening the .dds files.
Thirdly, once you do get your .dds files edited, go get the Standalone Power Armor Paint Compiler so you don't need to overwrite an existing paint.

yeah I meant .dds sorry. thanks for the help tho.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Skandranon posted:

How does this feel like cheating? Even if it wasn't intentional, it seems like an accurate depiction of how guns work.

goons, goons never changes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is dat some nood texture?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm just haha i'm just using the naked textures as a joke guys haha honestly

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

power armor needs tits too but not like huge metal robot armor tits i meant giant fleshy human tits just stuck onto the power armor

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm just happy this guy didn't post a screenshot of any dead ghouls

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Amstrad posted:

Tits on the power armor might be end up being Fallout 4's tits on the molerat.

a thing you masturbate to?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You know instead of the comical "lol theirs tits on the armor!!!" route someone's going to make a lore-friendly "severed raider tits bolted onto my power armor because my character is a bad rear end!" fetish thing, right?

i actually thought of that right after i posted that and then felt bad, you know, for the human race

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

strong bird posted:

brutal murder and torture are cool but nudity is just plain gross in this goons opinion.

i don't know about you guys but after i kill and strip a woman in a video game my need to see her naked is so powerful that i will in fact hunt down and install a modification to said video game just to make this happen

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i don't think anyone has ever said nudity is amoral

but going out of your way to add nudity to your video game "for no reason" is really really really loving weird

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I use optimized textures, but only those for interiors. It helps with FPS indoors (the worst areas of the game), without killing my load times to bad.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my spergmersion

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so i've got a mod idea that will really push the immersion to the next level, but before i can sqeeze this mod out, i'm going to need some help

you see, i'll be whipped, but, strain as i might, i cannot find any high resolution poo poo textures anywhere

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this must be how the onion feels when they try to make up fake news these days

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm guessing we probably need the GECK before it would be feasible to mod the special points characters get during creation into a less insane value?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Back To 99 posted:

Or you could just use the console?

player.setav strength 8 etc.

well yeah that's what I'm doing now. But with the mod i'm planning to do players will need more points than that and I was just wondering if it's possible yet.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gromdul posted:

Wow, thanks for the scrapall command. That will be a time saver.

it'll scrap everything scrapable placed in the world (in the area), this includes for instance all crafting benches. Just a warning here.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They look way too juicy. Ghouls ain't supposed to be juicy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Just cause it's glowin' don't mean it's juicy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

spergmersive vendor stalls

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I am going to do a mod that will make the game even more of an FPS ARPG like just really buckle down on the action and loot.

And when I say that I mean I'll do about 1/3rd of a large mod to do this and then get bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I have several video games/video game engines and all sorts of 2d and 3d art projects that are all roughly 1/3rd of the way done.

• Locked thread