Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'd like to suggest Wasteland 512 Textures for the Performance section in the OP. It reduces the texture resolutions of most things in the game, which was really helpful in getting a playable framerate on my lovely 6 year old PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there anything to fix the weird delay that sometimes happens when quickswitching weapons? I just died because my dude decided to stare at a suicider mutant instead of pulling out a shotgun.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Azhais posted:

Isn't there some tooltip that says the heavier the weapon the slower it is to pull out? My 50 cal sniper rifle quickswaps noticeably slower than my sniper modified overseer's guardian

Not sure that's the issue. If that were the case, the delay would be consistent, but it happens completely randomly, and has happened at least once for every weapon I have, even lovely little pistols.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Are there any mods out to fix the buggy settlement resources reports in the pipboy? It's setting off my ocd like crazy when I see happiness dropping because the game decided I suddenly have 0 water and 22 settlers.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I remember somebody posting a (possibly goon-made?) mod in this thread a while ago that let you use cash registers and first-aid kits as replacements for the bulky settlement stores, but I can't seem to find it again.

The closest I can find is this one, but I remember the mod using a first-aid kit for clinics instead of a rug. Does anyone know which mod I'm talking about?

edit: vvv Awesome, thanks! The preview image made me think it was a cash register recolor so I skipped over it, whoops. :v:

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 30, 2015

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Mr Tastee posted:

Been having a problem with the Convenient Stores mod. For some reason, all of the registers float several feet off the ground. and I can't lower them. The problem is this height is higher than any of the tables I can find. Is there some specific type of counter I need to put them on, and if so, where is it? Alternatively, is there a way around this? My other mods are OCDecorator, Robot Home Defence, and Workshop Planters.

The registers are that high because they're basically mesh replacements for the regular stands, so if they're at a different height, the settler working them will either sink into the ground or float up to reach them. The standard height is the counter under Furniture > Misc (iirc), but I usually use a wall shelf or a dresser if I don't want a counter.

The easiest way I found to place things exactly is to just use the console to move things. For that, the precise movement hotkey script is a godsend.

Example:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there a way to edit the appearance of the randomly generated settlers that show up in your towns? showlooksmenu only seems to work for the preset settlers that come with the place, but not the randomly generated ones.

I keep getting identical looking settlers in my settlements and it's making me go OCD like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

On a related note, I followed some Steam recommendations and added a few mods. Expanded Settlements, Settlement Keywords, Homemaker, Settlement Supplies, Snap n Build, things like that. And now I can't find the stores anywhere in my settlement build menu. They *should* be at the end of the list in the resource buildings, right?

iirc, there's a bug where having too many additions to the settlement menu breaks poo poo. Never ran into it personally, so I'm not sure what you have to do to resolve it.

• Locked thread