Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

-Troika- posted:

I would like to be able to upgrade clothing to actually be half decent armor so that I don't have to take away Piper's trenchcoat if I want her to live.

You already can! Do a few quests for the Railroad and Tinker Tom will teach you how to add ballistic weave to certain outfits. Piper's trenchcoat is one of them. At Armorer rank 4 you can add Ballistic Weave Mk.5 that adds like 90 damage and energy resistance. (You can also add this to most underarmors, and still wear armor over them, for maximum defense. It's more than a little overpowered.)

Actually, this is my big wish for a mod, which I've already discussed over in the main Fallout 4 thread: I want to be able to add ballistic weave to any outfit. This would require a mod that added the "lining" upgrade slot to every outfit. At the moment, it seems entirely arbitrary what you can and can't add ballistic weave to. Piper's trenchcoat and MacCready's duster have lining slots, but the Drifter Outfit and Preston's duster don't, even though they have similar base stats. There's even an item in the late game, a certain character's unique coat, that has a lining slot even though it natively has 50 DR. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change what upgrade slots an item has before the creation kit comes out, but if it is, I'd buy a beer or six for anyone who could do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

I have the ballistic weave on my to-research list incidentally.

I'd also really appreciate it if anyone had a list of armour that doesn't, but should, have a ballistic weave option. Preferably including form/refIDs.

Thanks!

Here are some of the items that seem the most like they could have the lining upgrade slot but don't:
  • BOS Uniform (three versions: 000dedeb, 002223e3, 00134294)
  • Colonial Duster (0001f17b)
  • Drifter Outfit (000b2d8d)
  • Field Scribe's Armor (no base ID on the wiki)
  • Gunner Guard Outfit (00223cfa)
  • Leather Coat (000732b5)
  • Kellogg's Outfit (001153db) This one already has a good amount of DR on it, but so does Maxson's Battlecoat, and that one can take ballistic weave.
  • Synth Uniform (0012b91d)
I'm sure there are more, but those are some of the outfits that stick out the most to me. (Colonial Duster and the Drifter Outfit are the biggest ones for me personally.)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

I tried the survival damage mods in the op, and used the suggested 100 player and 200 enemy one and tried it out at the corvega plant but goddamn it was super loving easy and i didnt even get any legendaries show up either, in fact i had more legendaries show up on hard... is there any better settings? im one-two shotting raiders and they seem to be doing regular hard more damage to me as far as i can tell. feels too easy and it's making me feel like i did something wrong.

You could always use the mod that just makes more legendaries show up and then play on Hard or Very Hard. That's what I'm doing. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/218/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

right it is completely ridiculous you can mod the clean blue suit but not the clean black suit i am going to be hammering away at this

You are a hero.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

*guy who jerks it to naked elfs in skyrim spotted*

Elves? Amateur. True connoisseurs accept only the finest in Argonian erotica.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

so i have some bad news...

:negative:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Local Leader rank 1 is pretty much mandatory if you want to do anything with your settlements at all. If you don't have 6 Charisma, just console command yourself a rank of that. It should be baseline functionality anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I decided to just wear the Black Vest with Slacks outfit with ballistic weave. It looks decent enough, and when I need more armor than that (since I can't layer stuff on it without a mod + clipping) I just get in power armor.

I really wonder if it was just an oversight on their part that lead to so many items not having the lining slot. If it was as simple as items that already had DR not getting lining, I'd at least understand, but it's not that at all. Even different color suits aren't consistent.

• Locked thread