Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Otacon posted:

in my experiences, no

setav carryweight 1000 will set your carryweight to exactly 1000 and return to stock carryweight after performing an action that adjusts your maximum carryweight
modav carryweight 1000 will permanantly add 1000 to your stock carryweight, and anything that adjusts your maximum carryweight will be added to or subtracted from that stock+modav number

This is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
To me, the Settlement features are the most compelling, and I'm surprised at the lack of decent mods, other than the Don't Call me Settler mod and a couple others. Snap-N-Build is my favorite building mod, and between the two, combines with a mod that increases hostile spawns by like 1000%, I have a reason to create fortified settlements to run to in the Commonwealth.

It seems, with the GECK being so new still, that a lot of the mods that were earth shattering like the ones for Skyrim aren't out yet, and I think it's being further complicated by an angry modding community completely disgusted with the limitations being pushed in favor of console integration, and the lovely, entitled console community in general. Mod comments on the Bethesda store only confirm this, and I'm still using Nexus as a result.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gonkish posted:

The only way that I can think of would be using a dummy esp to inject an .ini file, but I don't know if you can even package up an .ini file for consoles.

I don't think it would work even if you could, given the way the console mod file structure works.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gonkish posted:

True. I'm sitting here thinking that it's just like on PC but of course that's most likely not true. Kind of a shame that Bethesda doesn't even bother with the most basic options (even on PC). For example, brightness settings; they literally do not exist in-game. Why? gently caress knows.

Bethesda is in a bad spot, the integration of console mods and they way they have handled it has been a mistake in every sense of the word. The ONLY saving grace is that they are sharing an API with Nexus, which at first, many thought would save Nexus from certain doom, but in fact is probably keeping the Bethesday mod store afloat given the cancer that is spewing forth from the console scene, mod theft, and crippling limitations that Bethesda imposes (CBBE is banned for instance, which even if you don't use the nude features, almost all body mods depend on for any kind of NPC form modification)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Capn Beeb posted:

CBBE really is stupid for the most part but l o l at banning it outright. Can't have big 'ol titties in the headsplattery FPS :patriot:

Well the bodysliders are still useful for changing armor/clothing to fit whatever NPC forms you're using. A lot of mods depend on it, even some armor mods.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

graynull posted:

"This mod requires 'Rockin' Knockers 1.5.2', 'Butthole Blast 3.1' and 'Immersive Giant Clits 0.3+'"

I get that it's not all about that, it just amuses me greatly that such features always seem to be tied to those mods.

It also confuses me that mods like CBBE are female only. Like, I could see past the nude part if it was an overall character model improvement. But the male models can all be minecraft voxels, as long as my waifu looks like a 4k sac of bowling balls.

Haha, I mean it's true in a lot of cases, but CBBE is also tied to BlodySlider, which is used to edit the attachment/morph points on armor to male and female forms. I think CBBE is only now coming out with male forms soon though because they couldn't make dicks without acccess to the GECK so :iiam:

But banning the ENTIRE modgroup because someone may make a vagina for consoles? :pervert:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

I'm really interested in this, could you go into more detail?

I'm actually in the process of creating a mod based on my favourite mods from Fallout3 and New Vegas so anything that might affect it would be great to know!

I'll borrow this analogy from one of the threads about it:

quote:

A bunch of people buy a house (Fallout 4) in PC City and some begin to plant some flowers (mod/s) in their front yards. The people of the city see and like the flowers and so they share the seeds (upload), which is fine because the flowers can produce the same seed indefinitely. Everyone is happy, sharing their flowers.

Meanwhile, over in Console City they all live in apartments. Then one day, a large portion of the city is allowed to upgrade their apartment to a house with a yard (Xbox). The soil is a little different but flowers will grow there and so PC City shares their seeds with them too.

But.. some people in Console City have never experienced a yard before and a small handful of them begin demanding PC City make more of their flowers available and demanding specific types. Over in PC City things start to get a little tense, people are stealing seeds and giving them away, and some refuse to share their seeds all together.

And so began "The War of the Delicate Flowers"... While the large majority of both cities are non-combatants, they could not stop the drama from spilling-over into their everyday lives.

The basic problem is entitled console users, demanding the same mods that PC FO4 users have (impossible thanks to limitations) and being super pushy about it. They also flat out steal modmakers' work with no credit whatsoever, which results, naturally in more pissed off people and a lot of broken poo poo.

This is compounding by Bethesda's much stricter policies regarding what kind of mods can be made for consoles (no nudity, etc). Essentially, the PC modding community is, for the most part, hating the console FO4 users and are getting progressively more pissed off, worked up, and angry at both console players, and Bethesda. One only need read the comments on the Bethesda mod site to see this at work, and based on that I frankly don't blame them for being mad.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

graynull posted:

Now imagine how much fun this would be if all this stupid horseshit was monetized.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bholder posted:

This just feels so unnecessarily stupid and petty. Like if somebody can just download a mod and then upload it on Bethesda.net and make it work on consoles then that mod clearly works on consoles, maybe not optimally, so this whole "console limitation" sounds less important than others make it out to be.

And if you cannot make it perfect for console use, or you just don't want to, you could always just... I dunno, completely ignore Bethesda.net and its comments?

Then again, this is the same community that got mad when somebody bought up a new way to rate mods in a forum they cannot supervise so...

In theory I agree with you. Politicking and chest puffing aside though, modding for consoles has some pretty severe limitations, but good on Bethesda for really putting it out into the spotlight.

• Locked thread