Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Any mods yet to make it so you can place items on top of tables and such and they don't melt through it when you leave and come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So what's everyone's must-haves at the moment?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Load times went from near-instantaneous to 1 minute+ over night and I don't know why. Here's my mod list:

I most recently added Companion Infinite Ammo (yesterday) but played with zero issues until now. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, borderless windowed was causing it for some reason? I switched back to fullscreen and the long load times disappeared. No loving clue.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 22, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

As much as I like the idea of the Minutemen faction, It is a shame they are tied directly with the settlement system. Unless of course I am wrong and you don't need to be part of that faction to just set up the settlement.

You don't, not necessarily. If you were to completely ignore Preston there would still be dozens of settlements to found. You could build Sanctuary without them if you wanted to. Now what would happen to settlements like Tenpines Bluff where the quest dialog revolves around you being a Minuteman, I do not know.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This has probably been said already but I can't state enough how good the Old World Radio VA(s?) is.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Magmarashi posted:

I hope, one day, people can learn how to get over that and move on.

Yeah I've never gotten the whole "this stupid thing I'm not interested in is too expensive" angle.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Well they haven't released paid DLC in the vein of horse armor since then, so it's sort of a baseless assumption you're making. However you feel about paid mods, that's not content Bethesda is creating. They may not make Shivering Isles-tier expansions anymore (ironically for Oblivion, the same game with the dreaded horse armor) but it's pretty clear they know what works and what doesn't when it comes to their particular brand of open-world games.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

I dunno, much like Horse Armor™ was a 'uhh lets try this' sort of attempt I can see the paid mods thing being an attempt as well. It exploded violently because everyone that had anything to do with pushing forward with paid mods was 100% out of touch, now hopefully they are in touch. Just like horse armor.

Nah - their repeated, adamant admissions that it was a failure and that they have no current plans to bring it back is pretty much proof positive that TESVI is going to be a collection of paid mods. Think critically. What else could it mean?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Downloaded the AS Vektor last night.

For a weapon that's alleged to have fantastic recoil control, the kick on this thing (even with recoil-mitigating mods) is greater than hip-firing a sniper rifle. I really don't feel like it's working properly.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
A mod that puts one complete set of each armor in the game at a set location and cuts the rest would be fantastic.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Maybe there's a way to make all the suits in the hanger but yours unwearable? They could be the sole source of T-60, making them wagging the prospect of power armor in your face when you first join them actually meaningful. Alternately maybe you could grab some T-60 from the Atom Cats.

Revol posted:

If there is a mod to make only one full suit of each power armor, then go the extra distance and make it a quest line. Don't make it chance that you stumble upon the armor, that would be frustrating. Create some sort of a story, maybe a "treasure map" sort of deal detailing one armor after another. Each power armor is guarded, so it'll be a difficult fight.

Definitely. Give the player their T-45 for free at the start like always but have everything else be related to a quest. Who would give it? The Cats seem appropriate, being power armor enthusiasts.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 27, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Are there any mods out yet similar to Skyrim's Deadly Monsters/Deadly Dragons, where you can set the attack/defense/HP of individual enemy types?

Like say you wanted to boost the damage of raiders but nerf their health, or you wanted to boost the health and armor of mirelurks but nerf their damage? It's definitely the most intuitive difficulty-balancing mod I've encountered.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

For individual enemies not that I'm aware of. It is possible to edit damage dealt/taken on a global level though, which I've done.

Which mod do you use for that?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

My own - lets you customize PCDamageToHP and PCDamageByHP, i.e. adjust the multiplier for how much weapon damage you take (including unarmed/monster attacks, but not including things like falling damage) and how much weapon damage you deal.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

Thanks, I'll toy around with this later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Don't watch him, he very much enables the creepy modbase.

Watch AlChestBreach instead. I chose a New Vegas mod mainly beause the insanity of the quest mod and the fantastic ending of part 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGURsyS3xuc

Al is awesome. Seconded.

I think I realized MXR was special when he showcased a mod that turned the kids in Skyrim into sexy lolis. He really crossed the line from internet weirdo to something truly loathsome. Let it not be said he doesn't know his audience, though.

• Locked thread