Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

pentyne posted:

I can't get the FOV to change even after editing the 2 .ini files, is there another way?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/

Fallout 4 Configuration tool is similar to the ini editor in the OP, and also works well for FOV etc changes. You could try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

pentyne posted:

Is there a tool to min-max the graphics settings for lower end machines. Godrays will not loving stop auto-activating and I'm running a 560Ti. I think I can drop a ton of the occulsion effects and get high-res textures without getting slowdown.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Anyone found something to zoom the action part of vats out once you've fired off your attacks? It's always so tight in close that all I see is an elbow of knee or wall.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

jfood posted:

The Tab key.

Idont know what pressing tab during vats shots does but I don't want to press it every time. Any other suggestions?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Xbone exclusive console bundle content!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Trainwiz has a mod that changes mini nukes into baby shauns.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Not sure but something like this heavy rain bug would be great.

https://youtu.be/0t0uCWjQ6Og

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

:allears:

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'd have thought that changing the water visibility would be one of the first mods done but apparently not. Trying to see anything 5 inches past your face is almost impossible.

Turning off rain occlusion makes the water crystal clear for me.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Snackula posted:

Insert a terminal log plot dump explaining 'Shaun' is your precious lost Jet inhaler and 'your son' is a unique Jangles reskin.

Give me back my monkey!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm hoping Beth releases an HD/UHD texture pack like they did with skyrim. Also hoping Mod Organizer is fixed for x64 / FO4 soon.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

FadedReality posted:

Holy poo poo how is there only one space marine power armor reskin so far? I don't wanna be a space wolf

I'm waiting for a proper chainsword mod, not the wimpy vanilla one. It looks like a toothpick in power armour.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

This guy keeps his ini config program updated. The one in the OP hasn't been touched since Nov. I haven't used the one in the OP so I don't know if it's good, it's just outdated.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I was just going to check on nexus for a hat mod but I thought I'd come here first, thanks!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm just hoping they release an HD/4k texture pack because even on ultra a lot of the textures are stretched and blurry.

Maybe it's because I play in 4k but yeah, it's still not great to look at sometimes.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Has anyone seen a mod for unarmed power armour damage?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Seditiar posted:

Not directly, no. But maybe this suits your needs?

Not really but that is cool. I was hoping that since there were already different unarmed upgrades on power armor that someone has played with what was there. I wonder how difficult it would be to mess with.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Well, in the search for an unarmed power armor mod I ended up creating one instead. All it does is increase the unarmed bonus on the hydraulic bracers upgrade from 15 to 90, which is just a number I pulled out of my rear end. The tesla bracers look a bit trickier to change because it is energy damage but I'll keep poking. I've never done any modding before, had fun would mod again.

e: Oh well that was a fun little exercise

Unarmed power armor damage changed from 10 to 30
Rusty knuckles bleed damage changed from 3 to 8
hydraulic bracers unarmed bonus changed from 15 to 30
tesla bracers energy damage changed from 45 to 60

I'm happy with that. I *think* all the changes are working, not 100% sure on the tesla bracers though.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 10, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there a list of mods that are compatible with 1.5? I don't want to have to go through all mine to find out.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You don't need to gently caress around adding * to txt files. Just do your MO poo poo as usual and when the game launches go into mods, log in and then press T, activate your mods and the game will restart and you're done.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I posted this on the last page but if you're still struggling to get your mods working, at least those that are compatible with 1.5 it's as simple as:

Rasmussen posted:

You don't need to gently caress around adding * to txt files. Just do your MO poo poo as usual and when the game launches go into mods, log in and then press T, activate your mods and the game will restart and you're done.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Pound_Coin posted:

Untill MO/NMM get patched can we get this:

In big ol' bold letters in OP?

Because editing those .ini files did poo poo for me, but this worked.

Yeah editing the files wasn't working for me either so I did some googling and came up with that.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

LumberingTroll posted:

WHen I press T to go into my library, nothing is listed...

You still have to first enable your mods in MO like usual and they should be there. I've added almost all my old mods back, and it seems to work great for me. If .txt file editing works for you and this doesn't then that's cool.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 1, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Al! posted:

Turns out Synths can wear almost any kind of outfit, which is excellent.

I'm looking forward to someone making an alternate start mod where you can be synth. It won't make sense for the story but who cares!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Woebin posted:

Anything can make sense for the story through the magic of implanted false memories!

So simple and great, I didn't even think of that. You could wake up in the memory den and everything.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Sjonnar posted:

I think the new patch broke Iron Rose's Weapon Balance Overhaul. Can anyone confirm that it's still working / not working for them?

Unless there has been another patch since 1.5 it is working for me. I haven't played for a couple days though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I redownloaded mine from the Nexus after I cleaned everything up for 1.5. Make sure it's enabled in mo/nmm and either use the plugins. Txt method by putting an asterisk in front of the relevant esp or launch the game and enable it in the mod menu in the load order section, which is hotkey T by default.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Console is disabled in survival. Try starting a game on another difficulty and messing with it. You can bump it up to survival later.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm laughing a lot.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

Unless Arbitration was updated to work with the new survival update, it almost certainly does not work with the latest patch. You should use my "create your own difficulty rebalance" linked above.

Arbitration works fine for me.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

because nerds

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

RaspberryCommie posted:

I can't even add a first mod to anything.

I have the mod I get when I remove it from a piece of equipment, but it won't let me put it back on anything else.

I have it set to "normal" difficulty, which is the one that just lets me move the mods around.

If you're comfortable with the console it is super easy to take any weapon and add a legendary property to it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon_effects

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

How's fah habah working out for people?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It annoys me that the lever action reloads 5 bullets no matter how many you've used. But the animations are snappy and great so I forgive. Has anyone modded the damage up a bit for it yet?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

New MO2 release

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

FlyinPingu posted:

why would you admit this

Everyone has different tastes, it's no big deal. Unless the guy is downloading realistic horse vagina mods I wouldn't worry.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Did someone earlier post an 'auto save on transition' mod for survival? I can't find it.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

boneration posted:

There's Rulebreaker and No Sleep Til Bedtime that both can do that.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Why isn't extended scripting included out of the box for pc? Consoles, I know nothing of their limitations.

• Locked thread