Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Roadie posted:

Is there a mod for linking Home Base to a supply line, or is that not feasible yet?

When I want to work on Home Base I just turn on god mode in the console, it gives you infinite materials for building. It's not like prettying up your pad is gonna unbalance anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I'm itching for some new weapons, there are some on the nexus but I'm wondering if they're okay to use? The description on millenias scratchmade shotgun retexture says they're waiting for the mod tools to be able to put weapons in, do I run the risk of things breaking if I use any of the weapons others have put up?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Rise up children of the Brotherhood! Rise up Minutemen!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Lately it seems that any mod that opens with 'I speak only Japanese' on the nexus is gonna be gold.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10247

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11742

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Your daily dose of :nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12498/

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm able to click the mods button, I just get a login error.

Edit: Also just noticed that apparently having mods enabled also disables achievements.

What? Who the hell is gonna play an unmodded game?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Looks like someones ported or made Owned for Fallout 4 now, good stuff.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14113/

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I don't know, I think I'm pretty much going to hold off on weapon mods until Millenia starts releasing, they're about the only ones who've never let me down.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SplitSoul posted:

Horrible firearms.

I'd steer clear of them if I were you.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

KiddieGrinder posted:

(it's not a conversion of the rex from New Vegas but cyberdog based on Dogmeat model)

Odd thing to try and clarify, considering they look nearly identical, and is this even legal? Since you're ripping assets from New Vegas and putting them online?

Well I guess someone agreed with you, looks like it's gone.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Mr. Crow posted:

This would probably be my preferred answer but would be a lot of work, and pretty static (from game to game).

I'd have to basically create the settlements (and all the upgrades) in advance in the CK and gate them being activated with a ton of triggers.

Might be interesting though to tie settlers coming in and giving themselves jobs (and activating the pieces of the town) with things like setting up new trade routes, successfully fending off am attack, length of time the settlement has been around etc. This way you could see settlements expand and get the benefit even if you're playing as say the BOS, the settlements would grow even if you're not 'allied '.

Might run with that, we will see.

You don't get an awful lot from settlements unless you go there anyway, so why not make each one an already established place already to give the player a reason to visit, without feeling obligated to improve it.

You could even, for want of a better word, gate stuff behind each one. I know most things are readily available elsewhere, but if say, tenpines is set to grow lots of tatos, overland razorgrain, the Boathouse water, it takes it out of the players mind that they have to think about hoarding some of that stuff away just in case.

Plus the player gets to look at cool Mad Max shantytowns without all the grinding, all they have to do is gain the settlements allegiance and maybe think about linking them?

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to tie provisioner assignment to some sort of quest to eliminate the need for the perk...

Edit: This is to say, much like you're talking about but without incremental prescripts upgrades for ease of use.

Perhaps variety could be added by the theoretical provisioner creation quest determining which settlement you can unlock next?

Davoren fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 3, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

It's a crime that you can't one hand it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, the only correct way to handle any kind of sawn off in a video game is in one hand, with your arm fully extended, and the Hydra has all that and more.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Lotish posted:

One of the reasons I hated Helena in RE6 was because the Hydra was her exclusive thing and she's using it wrong!

Maybe you were using Helena wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDvqgD_t7k

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Like how Leon's dual pistols have that fast combo, Helena has one for the Hydra. RE6 has some surprisingly deep and very satisfying mechanics, and not a single one of them involve just shooting guns. Jake's martial arts moves get crazy but now I'm really getting off topic.

Basically if you're taking cover so you can shoot things you're not going to have much fun, guns exist to set things up for melee kills and such.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Saint Sputnik posted:

All this gunchat and no one mentioned yet that the Modern Firearms mod was removed yesterday for asset theft? I got the latest version and I'm enjoying it a lot, I unleveled all the lists so raiders and supahmutants are spawning with massive 2H machineguns that look like they should be mounted on a tank.

Good news!

There's a short-handled version but I don't think you could tell the game to treat it like a one-handed pistol because the animations wouldn't be right. You could always slap a shotgun receiver on the flaregun at least.

Interesting, I never thought about using flaregun animation for a pistol type shotgun, I have some ideas now.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Flare gun animations would be perfect for that by the looks of things.

Just done some quick and dirty tests, flare gun animations look super weird on the double barrel, only shows one shell and its clipping out the back of the receiver and has you pulling back an invisible hammer. Adding the shotgun animations back in seems to override the pistol grip anim I specified, so I don't get to do it the lazy way.

Some progress seems to have been made with custom animations, but animating is not something I know an awful lot about. I'm going to look at the tools involved tomorrow and see if there's an easy way to stitch the parts of the vanilla animations I need together.

Then I guess I need to find a way to switch animations for the three barrel weapon mod I want to add to this thing.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Extracted animations.ba2, nothing that obviously screams out 'weapons' to me, anyone know where weapon animation data is kept?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This is interesting, it seems PC mods are being reuploaded for the consoles, and Bethesda has told modders whose work has been taken that they can file DMCA reports on it. I don't know much about the law involved, but this seems to imply a degree of ownership of the created mod by the modder that I wouldn't expect Bethesda to grant.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-06-row-over-stolen-fallout-4-mods

• Locked thread