Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I think what I'd like to see would be a mod that adds some power armor weapons to the game, in the same kind of vein of the crazy boltguns from Warhammer 40k (I know the Imperial Guard use them too, but shut up ok), with the option to make certain big guns Power Armor only, like the minigun and such.

Speaking of the minigun, a mod which dramatically reduces weapon recoil when using power armor would be super. I want to lean on that loving trigger and not let off until there's nothing moving.

Ok, let's see what the latest file are on the nexus!

what :nws:

:stare:

99% of the modding community needs to get laid for everyone's sake.

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

Not sure how well mod requests are going to do in this thread, its not really what its for. We have a couple people that do mods, but I doubt they take requests.
Fair enough, was just thinking out loud.

Battle Damaged T-60b skin

Looks pretty nice.

Food planters

Hooray for not having to be limited to dirt for crops!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

My kingdom for a mod that reduces the spread on shotguns to "not loving useless"

ie the values from New Vegas
I like to think that Capn Beeb cried a little when he realised there was no choke mod for the shotguns.

Because I did, too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

This is also good.

I wish you could convert the minigun to fire .50. poo poo, the three barrel slow spin upgrade is modeled after a .50BMG minigun.

At least then maybe I'd use the loving thing.
Yeah, the only way the miniguns are useful is if they are a good legendary drop. I have one that does 25% extra damage on top.

I want me an AR15 based rifle, what with the modding system in place you'd have more flexibility than the plasma weapons in vanilla game.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

I love how spacegun the assault rifle in game looks but with this upgrade system i'd love to see the goons from TFR who did that mod that just adds fucktons of guns from irl to new vegas come back for round 2.

lemme make a pipe minigun that's just a bunch of pipe assault rifles welded into a bike wheel that i crank or some poo poo, god drat. maybe then i'd have a use for .308
Haha, that would be super.

Also, does the .50 sniper needs a huuuge buff or is it just me? A combat rifle chambered in .308 does more damage per shot than the .50, which seems off, despite having less stats on paper.

Why the Armor Piercing % isn't displayed, I don't know. Just give me back my NV ammo types, cunts.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

it does, which is why my weapon overhaul mod buffs the poo poo outta it.

I really wish I could change things other than damage and mag size though.

Link is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

I'd also like to plug this amazingly useful settlement mod right here. Lets you just sliiiightly merge two items together, which is a ridiculously useful help.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2683/
Trying out your overhaul mod now, mainly for the bolt rifles buff and heavy weapons. :getin:

Also, yeah, I'd like to see more pipe weapons, but maybe cleaner made? And with the option of having real reflex sights added.

e: After just having a *huge* firefight near the end of the USS Constitution, questline, I think I know what I want in a difficulty mod.

Not one that makes the enemies into bulletsponges, but just simply adds more. There was a mod for FO3 that did this, by increasing enemy spawns by x2/x3/x4 etc depending on what you wanted. It was quite a thing to see 20 feral ghouls running towards you. The game can handle it for sure, as there's a few areas that are pretty enemy dense like one graveyard I wandered into that was chock full of ghouls.

e2: Here it is! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1415/

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 25, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Working food planters isn't dirty is it?

:ohdear:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Here's a buildable planters mod that was built in FO4edit.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Zodium posted:

Random assortment of post-GECK mod ideas/things I badly want:

[list][*]Minuteman Vertibirds for settlements, with limited map range á la artillery.
[*]Send Vertibirds anywhere on the map instead of only to locations.
[*]Better Vertibird controls: hover (holds on target at variable height), patrol (circles target at variable distance).
Yeah, this would be good. I'd love for the Vertibird to do low and slow counter-clockwise orbits of the target area so you can bring the rain. :black101:

I had alot of fun taking a BoS vertibird on a grand tour of several locations in the Glowing Sea by constantly changing the pilots location in the map, would be cool to see this. Also having the BoS fly in and drop off Knights/Paladins to help you out. This would be particularly cool if coupled with an increased spawn mod.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

e: Wrong thread!

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 29, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I'm glad someone finally added this mod that I am sure so many have been waiting for: MLP stickers for your pipboy

:ughh:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

came over to post that. Looks like it might be worth a look!

Game needs more revolvers though, but I guess it's nice the pipe revolver actually looks pretty cool.

I need *junk* weapons, with poo poo like wrench handles as grips and such, though..

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

Exploring when low level is a realllly bad idea. :(

Is it possible to reset the level scaling. (with out starting a new game)
What about starting a new game and using player.advlevel a few times?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50_recievers.esp - Minigun .308 and .50 Recievers
Changes:
-.308 rate of fire increased to 1500 RPM.
-Ammo capacity for .308 reciever decreased to 200
-Ammo capacity for .50 reciever decreased to 80, making reloading an actual threat.
-Damage modifier now changed to a flat +bonus instead of a percentage, to prevent severe imbalance with mods that change the base minigun damage value.
-.308 reciever now increases damage by 30.
-.50 reciever now increases damage by 70.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
-Damage reversions have been reverted.
-Minigun rate of fire increased to 2000 RPM standard, 3000 RPM with Accelerated Barrel, and 1500 RPM with Tri Barrel.
-Gatling Laser rate of fire increased to 2400 RPM standard, and 500 RPM for charged barrel (this was already done, but I just listed it now.)
Have you considered also a 5.56mm minigun reciever?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

D.E.C.A.Y. (Better ghouls)

Someone decided to make the ghouls just downright "nope", so to speak. Looks really well done.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Someone just give me 1.5 high walls when the GECK is out. The current height is way too low for me.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Magmarashi posted:

They're blindly shooting in the direction your gunfire came from, you can move after they start doing this and they'll keep hammering that position instead of tracking you.
Which, to me makes perfect sense. I know that's what I'd do if one of my buddies just got their head meloned.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Cheap Shot, HomeMaker has a compatibility patch with SSEX.

Also has anybody used this: Sanctuary Empty Town

It deletes all the normally not scrappable houses so you can start anew.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Amstrad, I hate you. I was going to go to bed at 11:30, but I thought I'd give your shopfront mod a try. It's now 12:30am and I've built an American diner+bar.

(I'll get screenshots up once I'm done)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

So general/mod question. Since there is not really a level cap for FO4, I'm envisioning a potential problem with the way DR and health is going to work out. Since you gain health every level, and DR can be buffed to significant numbers with the right mods, is the game going to inevitably end up with dozens of bullet sponge enemies in the late game? Because your own damage does not increase each level, you need to buff it with weapon modifications and perks. So you can only max out your damage so much, while health and DR will continue to climb, meaning that your sniper rifle which you use to two shot enemies will eventually only barely chip away at your opponents.

Would a health capping mod and a Damage Threshold system fix this? I believe so.
I think a system that caps the health for both NPCs and yourself (optional) as well as issuing better weapons out to even low level enemies when you pass level thresholds would work.

I'd be a bit more wary of even low level raiders if they were rocking 10mms and combat rifles more often.

Maybe have the raiders in power armor use salvaged bits of T45/T60 etc here and there too.

e: Alternate settlements

Wallpaper and flooring that snaps into place over tiles! But you have to use the non vanilla parts he supplied. Might be worth a look, mind.

e2: I was about to say that my former point was kind of invalid, as I found some raider psychos with hunting rifles, hardened sub machine guns and a minigun(!) when returning to the wreck of the USS riptide, but when I cleared them out, I found a pile of weapons I discarded on the deck, so they must be some old guns I dropped off. :( Still, this have given me the idea of planting every spare minigun I find in an area where I know raiders will spawn, so that when they pick it up and I kill them, +500 rounds of 5mm. :getin:

Falken fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 13, 2015

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Crabtree posted:

This is what I wanted from robotics expert and it's loving baffling you can't intimidate/hack things in the wild to get them to be guards for settlement or caravan movers. Bethesda's oversight is the mother of mods though.
Yup. Same for me with the Vertibirds being so underutilised. I imagine a mod will come out where you can control the Vertibirds speed and altitude when doorgunning, and a button to force it into a target orbit pattern so you can lay the pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdnT4z1Ugc

Oh, and accuracy.

There has been a few awesome moments where myself and some BoS knights were being supported by a doorgunner above, I'd like to see more of that!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Hey, Amstrad!

Any of these of any use to you?

...I spent more time than I'd like to admit on this.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah songbearer, In my pics you can see it in use.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Glad I read through the thread- really excited to use the robot guards mod, convenience stores, and a few others :)

Any idea of there are mods out there that:

-add some items like bunk beds, vaguely un-destroyed kitchen appliances and maybe even bathroom fixtures?

-additional wood/steel walls that have windows/window-holes?

-Ability to add livestock to a settlement?

-have any of the rubble remover/area cleanup mods been developed that don't mess with power armor/chests in the zone?

Basically if I could get those, a handful of ported weapon models from 3/NV (they've made the gauss rifle look like it weighs 50 lbs.) I think I'd be pretty happy.
Alternate Settlements adds in brick and concrete walls with window options, as well as a a "not poo poo" doorway.

Also carpets!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Autism is one hell of a condition. And yes, I'm jealous. My bar looks like some hobo hole in comparison.
Nah, I just dreamed to own a bar for a long time. :v:

Also, if I had the money I'd commision some Italian coffee machine company to make me an espresso machine like the crazy fucker that's in F4.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Personally, I'd go for the Port-A-Diner.
Your children will have died from old age before they could get that loving pie.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Robot Guardians and followers

There's a loving vertibird follower...

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I'd like to see the opposite of machine becoming man. One of your human companions gets mutilated by a deathclaw, and you shove their mind inside some form of bot / power armor frame, in a somewhat similar way to the whole Dreadnaught idea in Warhammer 40k.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

NCR Ranger armour

The things that modders are getting up to without the FO4 GECK is amazing.

It could really do with a Minutemen repaint though, to make them not look like a bunch of tools.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

CROSS Cybernetics Exo-Frame

I want to see Brotherhood initiates using this stuff. Very cool!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Combat Power Armor

New powerarmor parts. Look pretty beefy.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

So has anyone tried Weapons of Fate (ballistics overhaul)? I've been meaning to get back into the game for a while and this looks really good.

e: Oh wow, actual bullet drop. I'm in.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

So, before I go and reinstall everything, what is the best levelling mod? I don't want to lock areas to my level when I wander into them.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

You should try my weapon balance overhaul which does exactly that!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

I recommend either stepping up the difficulty slightly or reducing your damage a tad with my Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

I didn't want to nerf anything too much (though some were handed out) so most of the shittier weapons got a bit of a buff, making things generally more competitive. Not much I can do about two shot being ridiculously overpowered alas. You can read more about it on the mod page.

speaking of which, some kind soul donated money to me for automatron, so I'm getting a start on expanding WBO for that!

surprise in the teaser
Iron Rose, I used your weapon balance overhaul the last time I played. What will happen if I use stuff like the [urlhttp://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11174/?]IF-54 Battle Rifle[/url]? Is it based on the ammo or the weapon? If it's the latter I guess I'll have to modify the file myself to bring it's damage up in line with the modified weapon damage?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Azhais posted:

While I don't know for sure, I assume it's due to mXr mods weekly on YouTube
That guys series both really creeped me out and made me feel sad.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Al is awesome. Seconded.

I think I realized MXR was special when he showcased a mod that turned the kids in Skyrim into sexy lolis. He really crossed the line from internet weirdo to something truly loathsome. Let it not be said he doesn't know his audience, though.
Oh ok wow. I didn't actually know that. I don't watch his videos anyway when I realised after like 4 episodes it was just pandering to creepy guys who have never (and will never) make it with a woman.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

I do need to figure out some way to make the gatling laser not a straight upgrade to the minigun though, so folks who use the latter don't feel like they're gimping themselves.
The annoying thing is that the design direction of Fallout games seems to make the minigun, a weapon that should be closer to endgame be an early weapon (It was worse in FO3 though). A minigun should really be just an alternative to a gatling laser, as you can't really argue with over 2000 rounds a minute being fired quite accurately.

One thing I would have liked to see is heavy automatic weapons such as the minigun and gatling laser geing super ineffective at longer ranges... unless you were in power armor, and the exoskeleton absorbs the recoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdnT4z1Ugc&t=20s
This is what I think of when I think minigun. That horrific sound of a shitload of rounds ripping through the air one after another. Oh, and death everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

This looks so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swLBoWTvPQ

Kinda sad that they went with rusty as gently caress cars though, would be cool to have the colours picked out better against the green, but it still looks good.
Okay that looks amazing. The rusty cars makes sense, I've seen worse looking scrapped cars after 10 years.

• Locked thread