Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

chiefnewo posted:

Yeah, it'd be nice if when I scrapped a weapon I got the mods off it.

Yeah they should auto de-equip the mods instead of having to go into the customize screen and swap the mod you want off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Depths posted:

Port of new vegas to fallout 4 is gonna happen at some point

In that same note, did Skyrim ever get a mod that ported Oblivion over to it's engine?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is the mod that fixes the dialog box still safe to use? I am tired of constantly redoing the same five hours of quests because Armor Slots and later on the Settlement Expansion mods were both lovely ones that corrupt. Which sucks since the later never worked in my game, but since I never turn it off, I had to go back to the same old save AGAIN.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FadedReality posted:

Yeah, any mod that doesn't have an .esp is safe as it just tells the game to use that file instead of the one in the BA2 archive.

Oh good. Yeah the dialog expansion mod never had a esp so it safe then.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NecroMonster posted:

we need a mod that will let us break the skeletons down for bones and their clothing/armor

yes, i do want to turn the remains of the long dead into oil

Dunno why you can't collect them anyway, you can collect the whole skeletons of scientists at Vault 81.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a mod to keep Danse if you do his quest but later turn against the Brotherhood? I not done that yet in my game, but from what I see he will refuse to tag along after that happened, even through the Brotherhood has him kill on sight now after his quest.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Off topic, but what happened to the general Fallout 4 thread? The normal one, not the YCS one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tried to do their signup for the beta, but it keeps saying I am missing a mandatory field even through everything is filled.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Saint Sputnik posted:

I don't follow, I didn't see anything about that.

Looks like the Season Pass will jump in price after March 1. Hoping for a sale before then...

Probably won't. Best bet is to get the season pass from GMG with their 20% coupon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What the way to actually install Full Dialog Options manually? The readme included with it just says "dump all the folders in the data folder" but that won't work since it has multiple versions of the mod within. Shame the FOMOD version is tied to NMM which I rather avoid using.

Nevermind I found the old files from last time I played and just copied them over and updated what I had.

By the way, is there a music mod yet? At least one that restores the Classic Music Station?

Rirse fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 22, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tried your radio mod, Saint Sputnik. I really like it a lot. So glad to have something to listen to again besides Diamond City Radio, since I blew up the Institute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Saint Sputnik posted:

Thanks! Someone caught a goof I made with the original file that prevented some of the songs from playing so I hope you got the fixed version.

Turns out you can do a lot with the FO4Edit program, and it's as simple as changing or adding some text fields. I've only come across two mods that use scripts, one that adds a sleeping bag and one that kind of works as an alternate start mod but is kind of poo poo.

I am using the version .1000000000 version or so that up on the Nexus.

• Locked thread