Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Is there anything out there to stop items I've placed/dropped to display in my settlements flying around or disappearing? I've (sadly) spent the last fortnight constructing a fortress at Starlight Drive-in for the purpose of decorating it with uniques and whenever I come back to my house they're stuck in the walls or gone completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Perfect! Thanks!

EDIT: This crashes my game any time I open the settlement menu. I've followed the advice on the author's page and no dice. Any alternatives?

7seven7 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 31, 2015

7seven7
May 19, 2006

CruzerZERO posted:

I noticed this happened to me after I had too many mods that affect the settlement building menu. I know a few like Robot Home Defence offer a build blocker to avoid this but what worked for me was turning a few mods off and I was able to access the workshops again.

Hope this helps!

I wanted my first run to be as clean as possible, so the only other mod I have is the legendary spawn one. No big deal - I was gonna wrap this run up soon and try a modded run a few months after the GECK release anyway. Thanks for the advice, though!

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I'm having a real rough time trying to get OCDecorator to work. I only really wanted the game for the purpose of building a house and decorating it with the loot I find. But it's been my experience that whenever I drop and position items within a settlement they'll go flying around the room once I load in to the cell. So I thought OCDecorator would be a good solution, but it crashes to desktop every time I scroll to the workbenches section of the settlements menu.

This is my load order:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
LegendaryAllDifficulties10000x.esp=1
OCDecorator.esp=0
OCDispenser.esp=0
Safe SSEx.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
WeaponRacks.esp=1
WeaponRacks-Tools-Vanilla.esp=1
WeaponRacks-Weapons-Vanilla.esp=1

I've tried playing around with the order and I've tried loading OCD on its own, without SSEx or the other mods in various combinations and I still have the same result every time. There's not a whole lot of mods on my game, so I'm confused as to what could be wrong. The only thing I've really noticed is that some of my SSEx items are visible twice in its menus. And that I can't find any of the usable weapon racks in any of the menus. Am I just out of luck until the GECK comes along?

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I did a fresh install and started my mod collection from scratch last week. I'm currently running 64 mods and the game's pretty stable (apart from huge stuttering and the occasional crash when I pick up a power conduit, which I attribute to this mod). But of all the gargantuan and game-changing mods I'm running, the one I miss the most is a little clock that shows up with the real world time during loading screens. I can't seem to find it on the nexus this time round. Does anyone have a link handy?

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I would also as well like this.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

isndl posted:

I hadn't heard about this so I did some digging. Seems like NMM does support virtual mod installations as of their Sept. 2015 release (and you had to reinstall everything if you were already using it before that update), but the main difference being that NMM creates static links that persist even after NMM is closed while MO generates them at runtime when launching your game/tools through it. NMM's method results in some messiness, especially if you're in the habit of switching profiles regularly, and I'm not sure what happens if your NMM profile gets corrupted or something and you have this giant pile of hardlinks. MO still has the advantage of being able to set more fine-grained load order priorities.

My overall impression is that NMM is now only one generation behind MO instead of two. Does NMM still take ages to open? I remember that being frustrating when I last used it, but that was way back before MO existed so they should have improved on that by now.

Loads lickety split for me. I'm having a really smooth time with NMM this time round.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Has Place Everywhere stopped working since the update for anyone else? I installed F4SE 0.1.13 and I still can't get it working.

EDIT: Nevermind - I found a newer version of Place Everywhere.

7seven7 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 29, 2016

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I formatted my drive recently, and after a fresh install every time I alt-tab out of the game I just get a black screen and Fallout 4 stops responding. After googling around there are a few people who have had this problem and the only solution I can find is to run the game in borderless windowed mode. But I have a screen with a 1360x768 resolution and there's no option for that in windowed mode. Has anyone else encountered this? my specs are 16gb RAM, GTX 970 and Windows 7 64bit. My load order is:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp=1
CROSS_Jetpack.esp=1
Eli_ArmourCollection.esp=1
Rangergearnew.esp=1
Scavenged NCR Armor.esp=1
The Rebel.esp=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
EasyLockpicking.esp=1
RichMerchants.esp=1
Survivalist.esp=1
Companion Infinite Ammo.esp=1
EFF.esp=1
Armor_Mods_Expanded_v1b2.esp=1
CraftableAmmo.esp=1
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp=1
Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp=1
Craftable Armor Size.esp=1
LegendaryModification.esp=1
LegendaryModification2LM.esp=1
LegendaryModificationMisc.esp=1
LegendaryModificationCSA.esp=1
LegendaryModificationGroknak.esp=1
BetterGenerators.esp=1
Crafting Workbench.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Special.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Automatron DLC.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Junk Items.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Tools-Weightless.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Weapons-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Drinks-Vanilla.esp=1
OCDispenser.esp=1
OCDecorator.esp=1
BetterJunkFences.esp=1
DD_All_the_COncrete.esp=1
Wall Oil Lamps.esp=1
Workshop_Planters.esp=1
AWKCRPatch-UFO4P.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-LITE-Audio.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-Performance-Fog.esp=1
WET.esp=1
WET Clearer.esp=1
Minutemenoverhaul.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
Locksmith.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
SettlersRename.esp=1
AdvSettleTurretSet.esp=1
Build High - Expanded Settlements.esp=1
DD_TRUMP_2016_MAKE_MODDING_GREAT_AGAIN.esp=1
Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects SK.esp=1
RepairSanctuary.esp=1
SkjAlert_DLC01+.esp=1
SkjAlert_DLC02+.esp=1
SkjAlert_RS+.esp=1
Lower Damage Requirement For XP.esp=1
CHKJunk.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - No Crafting Perks.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp=1
SSEX.esp=1
ScrapDeadThings.esp=1
Power Conduits and Pylons - Increased Radius.esp=1
Northland Diggers.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
Friffy_Holstered Weapons.esp=1
FOX Coat.esp=1
DogBed.esp=1
DD_I_Ran_Out_Of_Funny_Names.esp=1
DD_Columnsandstuff_1_0.esp=1
BetterModDescriptions.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsAE.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsAWSO.esp=0
BetterModDescriptionsCAS.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLMCheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLM2LMCheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLMCSACheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLMMiscCheat.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsLME.esp=0
BetterModDescriptionsMW.esp=0
FallComplete.esp=1
keyNuker.esp=1
AlienAssaultRifle.esp=1
DesertEagle50AE.esp=1
Extended weapon mods.esp=1
BetterModDescriptionsEWM.esp=1
LK05.esp=1
M1911.esp=1
ModularKalash.esp=1
mjp_PTRS41ATR.esp=1
SkibsWeaponsMerged-AWKCR.esp=1
M14.esp=1
M2216.esp=1
M9.esp=1
P99.esp=1
WM Chinese Assault Rifle - Standalone.esp=1

And that's been sorted with a snapshot build of LOOT.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

7seven7 - just edit fallout4prefs.ini and put your resolution in by hand. Restart steam and you should be good.

Amazing! Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Are there any mods that let you scroll past the beginning of the settlement menu to the end? I love the settlement part of the game, so I have a bunch of mods installed. But scrolling through 100+ items to get to what I want is getting really old.

• Locked thread