Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Requires the survival mode beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Jorge Bell posted:

I'm trying to get http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10157/ to work but haven't been able to bring up the travel menu when interacting with the motorcycles and cars I've built. Objects I've cleared using Spring Cleaning have also been popping back up and are now un-scrappable. I'm using Mod Organizer 2, but each time I load the game I'm having to use Bethesda's in-game mod menu to manually enable all my mods, which then relaunches the game, so I feel like stuff is being re-loaded incorrectly.

I know my mods are still working because I've still got all the poo poo that enables legendary mods, the console in survival, radio stations (got them through Bethesda's in-game thing), and the saving stuff, but Spring Cleaning and Immersive Fast Travel are just borked.

Here's my load order, in case that might be affecting something, but I feel like it's got to be wonky interaction with the built-in mod managing and FO2:

code:
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
SpringCleaning.esm
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
SMC.esp
SOS_SleepOrSave.esp
AtomicRadio.esp
CNNO1.esp
Quick Save.esp
ImmersiveFastTravel.esp
IFT_Automatron.esp
VegetableOil.esp

How is mo2 doing these days? Last time I tried it, it definitely wasn't ready for prime time and I've been a long time user of the skyrim version.
Honestly, you run about the same amount of mods that I do. I quit using any of the managers, for now, and am manually installing stuff and hand editing the inis. It's working better for me that way... YMMV.
Do all the spring cleaning mods mess with item placement in workshop mode? Any of them that I've tried mess with bed placement, make building the teleporter a bitch, can't place turrets on building roofs/columns/etc... I'd like to do a bit more cleaning of my settlements, but it wasn't worth it to me.
Also, does there exist or will someone please make a mod that takes Bos holotags for caps? A vendor that is a Bos hater or even an edited book return machine for Bos tags or something. It'd make my anti Bos runs that much more interesting. :p

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

How do you guys sort your mods? LOOT reads that mods are present but won't sort them, do you just trial and error it or is there a list you consult to sort them manually?

Are you using the sort mod button in the upper right corner of loot? Is it just not doing anything?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Yeah, it doesn't change anything. Really strange, MO straight up wouldn't launch Fallout 4 so I switched to NMM if that's relevant. However I'm gathering as I read this thread that it's an ongoing issue for everybody.

You're running nmm as admin, yeah? Do loadorder.txt, plugins.txt exist in your appdata\local\fallout4 folder? What happens if you run loot outside of nmm as admin? Nmm still installs all your mods to data, so loot will still see them.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Holybat posted:

I'm using Mod Organizer 2.0.5 and I have the invisible weapons thing too. Also, some of the weapons mods like the R91 or M14 also have almost no audio when fired. Are weapons mods just broken right now in general?

Check the mod(s) archive and make sure the textures are installed to the correct place in fallout4\data\...

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Your Computer posted:

Good god, I took a look at the Creation Kit and it feels like you need a PhD or two just to add a weapon. I can do 3D modelling but I don't think I'd be able to actually add anything to the game :negative:

I haven't tried the new ck yet. Is it wildly different than the skyrim version?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Sintax posted:

I fixed the invisible weapons problem: I made a patch for a bunch of the weapons and somehow the fields that dictate which models to use got overwritten with gun modifications from other gun mods. Maybe I updated the files without remembering to update the patch, but it seems like one of these programs went a little rogue and hosed up the .esp.

Anyway now I have all the above weapons plus the broken ones I mentioned, and an .esp that patches all the levelled lists and lowers the damage on some of the more offensively overpowered weapons. Maybe I will put the .esp on the nexus, but If anyone knows somewhere to host a 500MB file, I could drop you guys a no-hassle .zip file that puts a buttload of new weapons put into the game.

Weaponsmith extended does this with a bunch of weapons mods as well. You still need the assets from the individual mods installed, but not the esps. Adds them to the Weaponsmith bench as well. There is some quirkiness when modding these at the workbench, where you need to equip the weapon before going into the workbench or the wrong mods show up.

e: bad phone posting

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 18, 2016

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

This has been deprecated in favour of AWCKR, no?

It requires AWCKR.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Pound_Coin posted:

If I'm using Weapon display stands and snap and build, but weapon display stands aren't showing up does it mean snap and build is overwriting them?

My load order look like this atm,

do I need to merge things? and how do I do that with MO2

Weapon display is unchecked in that pic.
You merge with fo4edit. If you have it installed, run it from mo2. Load everything in the window that comes up. After it loads right click anywhere on the left pane - other-create merged patch, give it a few seconds, close fo4edit. Go to the bottom of the left pane in mo2 where is says overwrite, create new mod, name it whatever you want and the make sure you activate it.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Easy Lockpicking and Easy Hacking both aren't working for me. I'm using Mod Organizer and I even shoved the ESPs into the data folder in case MO wasn't loading them. What am I missing?

And you did create fallout4custom.ini with the required edits?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

EDIT: Other mods work just fine.

I just suggested that because I recently did a full reinstall of fallout 4 and forgot to setup my inis and was all "poo poo's broke" until I remembered. :/
Check out your appdata\local\mo\profiles plugins.txt just to make sure they were added properly.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Sylink posted:

Is there a way to reset your carryweight?

I used setav in survival for a bit and now I have infinite carry weight and it randomly fluctuates between a long int in the pip boy screen to a large negative value in trade menus.

I can manually set it back but then it reverts for whatever reason. Modav etc don't affect it.

Player.modav carryweight x
Or
Player.modav carryweight -x
Those don't work for you?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The OP hasn't been updated in a good while, are there any goon approved modpacks or overhauls out there are recommended?

Marelo's overhaul readme

Check that one out and see if it's something that interests you.
I'm using it in my current playthrough and enjoying the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

SoapyTarantula posted:

Spent a week trying to figure out why my mods weren't working after the game updated. Tried reinstalling everything, including the game. Even waited for F4SE to update and that still didn't work. Then I hear about plugins.txt arbitrarily needing an asterisk in front of every mod now, try that and everything works. :shepicide: Now if I could just get Mod Organizer to stop going "holy poo poo nothing is enabled" and clearing the plugins file despite it being read-only every time I launch it that would be great.

Having to go back and edit plugins.txt with those asterisks every time I want to play is still not the most unfun part of modding this game.

Make sure you're running MO as admin always.

• Locked thread