Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best form of transit
honk honk
ring ring
BWOOO BWOOO
toot toot
y0sp0s b1tch
View Results

• Locked thread
Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

yard salad posted:

i commute on a bike because im not a terrified fatass that has to shield oneself in a living room on wheels, surrounded by every modern amenity at all times, the windows rolled up soundly to keep out all human contact

seat warmers are dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Beeftweeter posted:

lol in nyc its well over $1200/yr if you buy monthly passes every month

i had a stint at a job in sacramento where parking, with the monthly passes, was $1,980/year :negative:, but you can have the fee taken out of your paycheck pre-tax "so that makes it okay" :downs:

i lived 20 miles away and my daily commute took anywhere between 45 to 90 min. i was rear-ended twice in the bumper-to-bumper shennanigans. other transit options included:
- light rail for $100/mo. although it was hardly any faster than driving due to the frequent stops, and i'd have to leave 15-20min earlier to slog through 5 miles of traffic to the station, and the light rail station has its own parking fee.
- bus

i got out of the job pretty quickly, but i still hate my dumb gay SF satellite city.

• Locked thread