Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best form of transit
honk honk
ring ring
BWOOO BWOOO
toot toot
y0sp0s b1tch
View Results

• Locked thread
cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i ride a bicycle to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

notorious made a good point that every missed. commuter buses + transit doesn't help people live without cars. for example it's good and easy to take the train or bus to the CBD for work here in sydney but trying to take the irregular, slow roundabout transit to go cross town to visit friends or do shopping is a major pain and driving is way easier and faster

most cities need a good network instead of a CBD focused network that only caters to the 9-5 M-F crowd. i believe houston recently fixed their network to make it work for people who need to go other places than the centre of town and it sounds way better
http://humantransit.org/2014/05/houston-a-transit-network-reimagined.html

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

also we only give buses priority lanes in peak hour so if you're on the bus on the weekend or during the day you're stuck in traffic and may as well drive. lmao.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Shaggar posted:

one time I put $20 on a Charlie card and then when I went back to use it on another trip it turns out they steal your money if you don't use it after a certain time frame.

lol your city transport ui is a piece of poo poo

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i wish transit aesthetic was less plastic windows xp and more wood + metal + leather

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Cygni posted:

there are companies that are going to start making updated PCCs from scratch because so many cities are starting heritage streetcar lines

thats really funny to me

old streetcars have a cool style

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

the train doors used to be manually operated in sydney and I can remember this happening a few times. apparently lots of people died?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4tVbc56Q0E

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

can't beleive the idiot bus got made

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol the like symbol

• Locked thread