Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best form of transit
honk honk
ring ring
BWOOO BWOOO
toot toot
y0sp0s b1tch
View Results

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
The trains to Auschwitz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

angry_keebler posted:

societies in the endstage of decline are too decadent to maintain their existing infrastructure, let alone carry out large scale civil engineering projects

:psyduck: it's true.. *thinking above rome* :psyboom:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
$2 day pass? Really?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think it would be cool if there was a button or something on my subway card uh TAP card they call it and if i pressed it or maybe like it sucked power from my fingers or maybe i could shake it idk im not a tech guy anyways it would be cool if it could tell me my balance. it tells u the balance on the turnstile when u go thru it but my neurosis increases as i approach esp if there a lot of ppl or a crazy person / crack head

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

for many years the mta refused to close the subway even while it was being worked on. they would just go down to a single track in service

guys would have to jump off the tracks to let trains go by

That owns.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i took the sub way to the symphony down town the other day. if any stalkers are reading this, yes, i also bragged about it in the lan thread. gently caress off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh yea - i paid $100/ticket and brought a date. piss off fuckfags.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*metro announcement jingle plays over station PA* the next train to Downtown is arriving in FOUR_HOURS_37_MINUTES

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

right

nobody would expect a brt to be good or fast because they have no experience with buses on dedicated rights of way.

in LA we have the orange line which is a bus on its own street. the street goes like diagonal on w/e thru the valley. it hooks up with the good subway. i took it to community college and it was pretty ftw but its still a bus and i wish it was a train b.c autism

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i mean to clarify its like it has a train track thing. its like walled off from the road. but only the bus can drive on it. its like wtf. shouldt this just be a train. idk man.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh also it has stops that more resemble a subway stop but theyre above ground. its like a train stop but then the bus comes. its a train bus.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

This is epic. Date night is cancelled.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lomarf

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Lomarf. Epic subway timings till a crackhead chooses this train as his epic hill to die on and lays out on the tracks. delaying service for 99999999999999999999999 minutes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what if a bus had cool helicorper rotors like a chinook and could fly + hover

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

they'd get fuckin' rekd on the streetcar lines

ok what if it was like the f35s vtol turbine thing. that would be epic

Verdafolio posted:

or a ramp at every intersection so it can jump over the traffic and not have to stop

in soviet russia, bus jump over car

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine a bus jumping over a bunch of flaming monster trucks. that would be so sick

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
fill the whole bus up with a giant engine. i bet it could go FTL

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this works great on highways

practically useless on surface streets (mta found a 15% improvement)

is this mebes kuz new yorkers are fuckers of the highest order and probs block the bus non-stop while leaning out their window and shouting?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Grandmaster.flv posted:

they do this already

gently caress yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
there is usually at least 1 hot chick on the bud/train to leer at so that is good.. imo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

tokyo's transit is funded by the national government.

yea, and so was my mandatory sterilization and lobotomy. failing to see the relevance...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

the coaster has free wifi

the coaster is so good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i prefer chili cheese fries over poutine for a "things on frys" option.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chili cheese fries are ftw as hell as are the "animal style" fries at in n out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

this is some garbage plate tier poo poo

lmao. yea, sure. hmm *considers* Actually, :fuckoff:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at the date posted:

You know what would make these fresh, crispy potato fries better? A cold Kraft cheese single and 1 cups of diarrhea.

lol yea they take a big steamer DOUBLE DEUCE on those Frenchy's. LOMARF! it's not actuallky a huge heaping pile of delicious chili - but, instead - *starts snickering hardcore* ITS POOP!! LIKE WHAT YOU PUT INTO THE TOILET WHEN YOU HAVE STOMACH FLU!

Talk about a knee slapper. Psyche.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at the date posted:

Description of Smythe: tubby, sarcastic, pink-nosed, near-sighted, sensitive about snack food and dogged gimmickposter.

you sure about that?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
looks like someone cant muster up a decent flame so they craft some failure YOS-strawman. face it dude: chili cheese fries own bigtime. its ok if you're a picky eater but don't put it on me.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

your evil knows no bounds and I will actually fight you irl over this

ketchup can get hosed though

ahahaha thank you for quoting this fucktard and reminding me of this epically fail post LOL

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Coaster ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one time i put $20 on my tap card and then misplaced it. found it months later in my coat pocket #ownage #free_train

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

one time I put $20 on a Charlie card and then when I went back to use it on another trip it turns out they steal your money if you don't use it after a certain time frame.

this is loving bullshit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my friend is rly into cincinnati

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Tanith posted:

if he puts chili on spaghetti, you're going to have to take him out back and shoot him

im from socal and i like this. i didnt know it was a cincinatti thing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
streetcars are cool is why ppl like them simple.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

streetcars are coming back to San Diego by 2050

Cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my favorite part of the movie HER was when the guy took the train to the beach. and, its happening. and im ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my sister used to live in Somerville, it was good, and extremely "cute"

• Locked thread