Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best form of transit
honk honk
ring ring
BWOOO BWOOO
toot toot
y0sp0s b1tch
View Results

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Grandmaster.flv posted:

why doesn't California have some kind of pan-Californian high speed monorail or w/e

societies in the endstage of decline are too decadent to maintain their existing infrastructure, let alone carry out large scale civil engineering projects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
uh, maybe you didn't read yeats but there's this poem about like the wide gyro or w/e anyway i guess if you try to cram too much kabob in it then the center will get soggy and then you'll get depressed and start slouching

e: the sandwich isn't literal it's called a metaphore idk it's too complicated to explain if you don't get it

angry_keebler fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 20, 2015

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

What if you made a bus line, except make it for longer distances and carry more people

You could give it its own space to run, so it doesn't have to travel with other traffic, and it can be more efficient.

Since you know the path it will take, you only have to make one narrow path for this long-range bus

Since it's only going to travel along that path, you could make the road surface more suitable for the type of wheel that is used. You could use metal, since it's stronger than concrete, and then you could also reduce tire wear on this metal road by using metal wheels.

The path is fully set, so you don't need a steering wheel or anything, you could just automate that part (or have one person press buton)

okay but if it isn't free to build and also ride then i will just buy a car because a hot babe will hug and kiss me if i have a car but will laugh at me if i ride a big bus that i have to pay for but don't even own

• Locked thread