Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best form of transit
honk honk
ring ring
BWOOO BWOOO
toot toot
y0sp0s b1tch
View Results

• Locked thread
blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

why would you say DOUBLE-U instead of whatever word that it's abbreviating in the first place

because it's pronounced dubya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I drive on 35 dubya

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

USA USA USA

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

at the date posted:

Literally millions of flyover state five figgy fucktards have no problem understanding the naming scheme so

in it voted 5 dubya

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

why would i take a train or bus when i am gainfully employed? boeing and ford please and thanks.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

the only flight i'd take from london is whatever the first flight is that gets my rear end back to Texas.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Shaggar posted:

yeah for really short distances like that driving is fine.

lol driving from london to paris is shorter the Dallas to San Antonio, and I definitely fly that one if its a holiday weekend.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

the problem is all the nimby hippies demanding we don't add another 3-4 more lanes.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

the only thing that the rail line next to the highway does is provide an easy smash and grab parking lot, and take up space that could be used for something productive like a green belt and extra lanes.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

pedestrians can cross under an overpass at the crosswalk where it's safe easy and quick

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

my bad I forgot that goons hate green spaces and want to put loud dirty trains everywhere :lol:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

it figures that the same anti-greenbelt train spergs are also in to anime zoning :rolleyes:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

minivanmegafun posted:

I live right next to an old quarry and landfill that was turned into a gorgeous 50-acre nature park with a big hill (a Thing in Chicago) and a fishing pound

it was also designed to hold the water from a century-level flood so hopefully my house will stay dry

I'm still only a ten minute walk from the L and it's a 4 mile bike ride to work

seems like a good reason to promote greenways, parks, and bike trails rather then trains and buses but what do I know

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

it's because trains are very dangerous

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

we should do this to more trains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-jRpFik3c

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Wheany posted:

traffic is a significant source of microplastics. tire and road marking wear, specifically

tires are made from rubber smartypants

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

yet another example of cyclists wanting preferential treatment, rather then being treated like any other vehicle.

he's supposed to tie a little red flag to let people know he's carrying something that sticks off his vehicle more then 18 inches, instead of recklessly taking the law, and lane enforcement, in to his own hands.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Shaggar posted:

subway and elevated rail are good, but buses are garbage everywhere and you're lying to yourself if you think they're good.

correct except that subway and elevated rail are also bad, and is extremely disruptive to the natural environment and takes away from greenspaces around the city.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

beep boop plants and trees are worthless garbage, must build trains beep boop

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sorry to hear about yalls misfortunes :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

defund amtrak

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

privatize the northeast corridor, and shut down the rest. rip up the rails freight doesn't use, and make rebar or something useful.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

that belair crash was staged as it both didn't have an engine in the bay, and is an x frame car which should have obvious safety disadvantages.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

straight from the train advocates "passenger train safety doesn't matter". wow.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

wow so rail travel is significantly more dangerous then air travel. good to know.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I think we can all agree the Paternosters and Man Engines are the best transit systems

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

remove nonfreight rails, add greenspace and drainage

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

hackbunny posted:

ybuspos

your city: bus is 20 minutes late, wait no 30, nbd such is life, I hope the bus doesn't literally rape me haha
my city: hyperventilating because display says 1 minute but I see the bus in the distance and it's more like 3

moral to the story sounds like buses are unreliable and will never get you to places like interviews on time :shrug:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

that's fine though, since nobody rides the train it doesn't matter if they're in service or not

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

if you owned a car you'd probably think it's alright, because it's actually not too bad.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

don't need 3G to know my chevy is in the parking garage waiting to take my rear end home tonight

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Shaggar posted:

"oh its totally different here guys!! I swear!" - every full of poo poo foreigner

drat straight man

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

foreigners and americans with bad opinions also think soccer is a real sport

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

fart simpson posted:

shaggar was... wrong?????

no

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Bloody posted:

there are transit in jokes?

the joke is how much public transit sucks

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

mishaq posted:

https://www.citylab.com/commute/2017/02/whats-behind-declining-transit-ridership-nationwide/517701/

looking forward to more roads roads crumbling and bridges collapsing under the weight of our collective lovely planning

spoiler alert: public transit sucks

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I was late to work because a bus broke down and caused a big traffic jam. Fortunately I had AC, and coffee in my car and wasn't stuck on the side of the road waiting for another bus.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

my car is electric and is wind powered, unlike that broken bus which runs (ran heh) off of natural gas produced by fracking.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

life pro tip. go to and enjoy Korean spas. very relaxing to hop between the hot/cold pools, and saunas. unfortunately there's no bus stops near by, but there's a big parking lot with a snow cone place out front. think I'll go tomorrow and relax. have a good weekend!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

saw this over in the osha thread and it made me think of you guys! whelp later!!

• Locked thread