Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

i was thankful for the nintendo wii u and the nintendo 3ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Last Thanksgiving, I got my cousins and we played 8 player Smash WiiU and had a blast. Looking forward to it this year.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Korthal posted:

Last Thanksgiving, I got my cousins and we played 8 player Smash WiiU and had a blast. Looking forward to it this year.

same except we played the 4 player battle mode in Spelunky. its a good time.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

Hell, bring the whole drat drive through!

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

This has been the best year for gaming since the early-2000s, easily. I thank it all.

Honestly this. MGS, Witcher, Splatoon and others were awesome. Here's to an even better 2016!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Honestly this. MGS, Witcher, Splatoon and others were awesome. Here's to an even better 2016!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm sorry this is the Thanksgaming thread. No need to be so negative.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't mind plutonis. He's a vile Brazilian troll.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
I'm thankful for an amazing year of games, but most of all I am thankful to Bloodborne for kicking my rear end and teaching me to like it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I really enjoyed The Witcher 3...

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I really enjoyed The Witcher 3...

Condolences, on contracting the bad kind of aids.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I am thankful I got into Monster Hunter and subsequently bought my first 3DS.

I am also thankful for Splatoon, a game I disparaged before release that ended up being great.

Great Games I got into this year:
Monster Hunter 3U
Monster Hunter 4U
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Fantasy Life
Fire Emblem Awakenings
Theatrythm Curtain Call
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Games I haven't played yet but am looking forward to:
Witcher 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Was Fantasy Life that good? drat, maybe I should give it a chance.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I managed to shake a few years of gamer gloominess by buying a PS4, MGSV, Yoshi's Woolly World and a poo poo ton of amiibos. I have days where I can't wait to get home from work and do some gaming, which I hadn't really felt since I was in school. I am thankful for the year of 2015 in games.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
2015 was the year of the gamer and 2016 is shaping up to be a monster as well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

i like yoshitaka amano a lot so id have played the game even if it wasnt good .. but its good. phew

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

It's a really chill game with a cute vibe that's all about grinding professions in a way that's actually fun. Every profession has increasing goals, even like woodcutter there will be tree boss-fights where you'll need to have high woodcutting skill with a good ax etc to cut them down.

It's pretty easy though and the storyline is basically a set of boring events that you have to do to reach new places so you can gather better stuff to make better things. The best way I can describe it is you know how in some rpg's you enjoy playing through the plot but then you have to stop and grind and it sucks? This is somehow the opposite.

I like it a lot but if it sounds like it's not for you you can safely skip it.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 20, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the story was cool

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Everyone talks too much...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I feel this way about real people to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your order of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume has shipped <--- this is my thanksgiving game for holiday travel

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

chill cute fun = extremely my poo poo. the premise of the game just sounded like too much grinding and not much else, so i have been hesitant. can't you also make a house or do some stuff like that?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

be on the lookout for my Let's Play series of Harvest Moon 64, where I just stare at the untilled, wrecked fields, do not feed any animals, talk to no-one, grow and sell a minimal amount of stuff just to afford getting shitfaced at the bar every night

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

chill cute fun = extremely my poo poo. the premise of the game just sounded like too much grinding and not much else, so i have been hesitant. can't you also make a house or do some stuff like that?

yea ... it aint animal crossing though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You buy houses, you can pick from a couple in the first city and then I think you get one in each other city. You fill it with furniture and decorations that you get or make and also your pets live there.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

yea ... it aint animal crossing though.

that's a good thing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Your order of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume has shipped <--- this is my thanksgiving game for holiday travel

this game is pretty brutal iirc, have fun!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

is that the sequel on ps2 or are there more than two fo these games

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

SM64Guy posted:

i think that's silmeria and a 2d jrpg kinda like radiata stories

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

It's a DS SRPG, the third VP game. I think it plays pretty diff than the other 2 though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

metal gear solid, the witcher 3, and bloodborne, no particular order

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Vermintide and transformers: devastation were really awesome late year surprises, along with all the other rad games this year

2016 is shaping up to be a good year too, dragons dogma coming out of nowhere for the pc is a hell of a kickoff

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

metal gear solid, the witcher 3, and bloodborne, no particular order

:peanut: :sadpeanut: :peanut:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Happy Thanksgaming everyone. I am very thankful for the extremely awesome Bloodborne expansion. I don't know why From keeps saving their best bosses for the DLC, but I'm loving it anyway.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Spending the next few days away from home and realizing how thankful I am for the Sony corporation and their hit gaming console the PlayStation 4. Sometimes it's good to be away from the things that are truly important to you so you can appreciate their real worth. God bless us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy thanks gaming. Kicked off the day with a cup of the hot stuff (I'm talkin coffee) and RE4 before the thanksgiving festivities kick off. Holidays kick rear end

• Locked thread