Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The Definitive NFL 2015 Fraud Teams List: (In no particular order)

Bengals
Steelers
Packers
Vikings
Colts
Falcons
Panthers
Dolphins
Patriots
Jets
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Washington
Broncos
Chiefs
Cardinals
Seahawks
Rams

If your team is not on this list, congrats, you're not frauds, you're just bad. Although you can be both on this list and bad.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

trigger warning please!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

you guys do not use the word fraud nearly as well as the guy you picked it up from

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Intruder posted:

The Texans :colbert: 5-5 with wins over the Bengals and Jets while tied for the division lead makes them plenty qualified to be fraudulent

I didn't call Texans frauds because everyone knows they're being carried on the shoulders of The Other One True American Hero, JJ Watt.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

you guys do not use the word fraud nearly as well as the guy you picked it up from

he was a fraud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I didn't call Texans frauds because everyone knows they're being carried on the shoulders of The Other One True American Hero, JJ Watt.

It's funny how even in a down year JJ is still arguably the top defensive player in the league

He has 21 TFL, 7 more than second place Aaron Donald with 14 and leads the league in sacks with 11.5, second place Chandler Jones with 10.5.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

It's funny how even in a down year JJ is still arguably the top defensive player in the league

He has 21 TFL, 7 more than second place Aaron Donald with 14 and leads the league in sacks with 11.5, second place Chandler Jones with 10.5.
The Jaguars drafted Blaine Gabbert instead of him :smith:

Nov 6, 2002

Well when you play against the AFC South you're gonna rack up some numbers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Unlike the 2000s powerhouse AFC East

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Half of the lines that JJ Watt has faced are in the top 12 in fewest sacks allowed so it's not too bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Not that I care about that bigot

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can we get an updated list of non-evil teams?

Intruder posted:

1. Patriots

2. Panthers

They have rebounded well from their loss to the Falcons.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can we get an updated list of non-evil teams?
Every team with a cat mascot

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

non-evil teams are the cards, panthers, packers, and all of the AFC but steelers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Popy posted:

non-evil teams are the cards, panthers, packers, and all of the AFC but steelers.

wtf is this

Nov 6, 2002

Inadvertent whistle may have been a ref getting scared:

quote:

In Week 1, Arthur was trampled by a Ravens player on a punt against the Broncos and suffered gruesome injuries: nine broken ribs, a broken collarbone, and a partially collapsed lung.

Monday night’s game was Arthur’s second game back, and our source believes Arthur blew the whistle because he became skittish once Brady and the action of the play rolled his way, toward the sideline.

Also, in another fuckup the second White TD should have been blown dead.

quote:

With six minutes left in the third quarter, the Patriots caught the Bills defense substituting, quick-snapping the ball while Jerry Hughes was late running onto the field from the sideline, and White scored a 6-yard touchdown to put the Patriots ahead, 20-10.

But the Patriots never should have been allowed to snap the ball, according to the source. A bird’s eye view of the play shows that Patriots tight end Scott Chandler began running onto the field from the sideline, but quickly reversed course and retreated back to the sideline.

The Bills countered by sending three new players on the field, while Jerry Hughes was looking over to the sideline for instructions and was very late getting back to the new line of scrimmage. When the Patriots snapped the football, the Bills were barely set, and Hughes was 15 yards in the backfield.

Even though the Patriots technically didn’t substitute, the officials should have stood over the ball and not allowed the Patriots to snap it until the Bills were given Bills ample time to get their substitutions into the game and set up their defense, per NFL rule 5.2.10, in which the NFL considers a “simulated” substitution like a normal substitution.

The touchdown also should not have counted because when a player is so far in the backfield, as Hughes was, officials are supposed to whistle the play dead and assess the penalty. But they let the play stand.

Hughes was like 16 yards behind the LOS when that ball was snapped lol.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 24, 2015

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

cheaters.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Absolute garbage

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

As a fan of a team who started out bad, then got promising, then are back to being bad, :smith::respek::smith:

The Raiders, right now, are proving a good offense means nothing if you don't also have a good defense. There was a gap where it looked like we might make the playoffs as wildcard, now finishing 5-11 seems pretty likely.

The offense has been responsible for two straight losses. They also were responsible for the Bears and Broncos losses. I'm thinking my original prediction of 7-9 for the season is likely.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Popy posted:

Packers are slightly evil due to Letroy Guion but, other than that, it mostly checks out. Although, you will have to expand on your definition of "all of the AFC" because there's many Evil AFC teams as a whole!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

Inadvertent whistle may have been a ref getting scared:

Oh it was that guy. They mentioned him in KC's game against Denver which I guess was his first game back, didn't realize it was the same crew.

They...had a better game in Denver. Or at least all I can remember is beautiful Peyton interceptions.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Sounds like something a fraud would say imo

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

The only team that really fits the definition of fraudulent is the Falcons tbh

I get that everyone is calling the Hawks fraudulent because of where the term comes from but we've been playing bad all season - even the Bears game wasn't convincing - so there wasn't really any point in the season where we could've been considered a good team despite what the pundits say (plus playing like poo poo this season was extremely loving predictable to boot)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Refs should stand on Tom Brady's balls more.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I actually like the Seahawks but they were one play from repeating in the Super Bowl. Fraudulent doesn't begin to describe the fraudulence.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

The only team that really fits the definition of fraudulent is the Falcons tbh

I get that everyone is calling the Hawks fraudulent because of where the term comes from but we've been playing bad all season - even the Bears game wasn't convincing - so there wasn't really any point in the season where we could've been considered a good team despite what the pundits say (plus playing like poo poo this season was extremely loving predictable to boot)

Does anyone else remember when we had six 6-0 teams and everyone with any sort of platform, written, spoken, online, or otherwise, to talk about football, said that the biggest fraud of the 6 was the Panthers and the one most likely to go undefeated was the Atlanta loving Falcons because of their schedule lmfao

Nov 6, 2002

Well it's hard to argue they were wrong when you look at who the hell Cam is throwing to and how easier their early schedule was.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
oh wow the patriots cheating, never would have seen that coming.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Well it's hard to argue they were wrong when you look at who the hell Cam is throwing to and how easier their early schedule was.

It's actually exceptionally easy to argue they were wrong, all you have to do is sit down at a computer with someone, type in nfl.com in your favorite web browser, and click on the standings tab, then shove the monitor at them like a pie in the face

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Most likely to =/= actual results

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Does anyone else remember when we had six 6-0 teams and everyone with any sort of platform, written, spoken, online, or otherwise, to talk about football, said that the biggest fraud of the 6 was the Panthers and the one most likely to go undefeated was the Atlanta loving Falcons because of their schedule lmfao

I'll admit I definitely thought the Falcons had a puncher's chance at 16-0

Football, it's a funny old game This quote is actually about soccer but hell it's the same for American football too

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's actually exceptionally easy to argue they were wrong, all you have to do is sit down at a computer with someone, type in nfl.com in your favorite web browser, and click on the standings tab, then shove the monitor at them like a pie in the face

Or just scream 5 words over and over. "They're the Atlanta loving Falcons".

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Big Jesus posted:

Backyard football -> streetball
Surprisingly mobile -> underrated passer
Sending a picture of his tiny gray weiner to Jen Sterger -> Two years, no parole.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
So where are all those guys from last night's GDT who explained how we were all idiots and Watkins was clearly down inbounds now that Steratore's explanation was more or less psychotic and everyone with officiating experience in the known universe has said the opposite

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wait were there really people in the GDT saying Watkins was down in bounds? I wasn't following it last night

Nov 6, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

So where are all those guys from last night's GDT who explained how we were all idiots and Watkins was clearly down inbounds now that Steratore's explanation was more or less psychotic and everyone with officiating experience in the known universe has said the opposite

They went to stop by ehud's cubicle.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

Wait were there really people in the GDT saying Watkins was down in bounds? I wasn't following it last night

Yeah, but it was because they were mixing it up with the college rule.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i remember briefly considering buying my Panthers@Falcons tickets early, thinking scalping a pair at 20% face would be hard.

ha

haha

hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Yeah, but it was because they were mixing it up with the college rule.

Which is probably what the official was thinking as well.

quote:

Steratore’s explanation sounds good, but the source said Steratore was just covering for Walker, who is in his second NFL season and used to officiate in the Pac-12.

The source said Walker mistakenly applied the college rule instead of the NFL rule. Just because Watkins went backward does not mean he gave himself up as a runner; running sideways or backward is still considered trying to “advance” the football. For the runner to surrender himself, he has to truly give up on the play — such as when a quarterback slides before taking a hit.

“In the NFL, the way it’s always been officiated is if a guy gets out of bounds, you give it to him and stop the clock,” the source said. “But he called it like the college rule. I’m not sure he knew the NFL rule.”

• Locked thread